Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 08:05 PM

112 posts, read 112,060 times

Advertisements

Hell yea dude you should flirt with women everywhere, if for no reason then to keep your flirting, wit, and social skills up to par. Also helps you pick up on signals and body language pretty good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 08:10 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,981,359 times
OP - that's too pre-planned... I have a better approach that actually works and is more spontaneous. Just smile when out and about and be outgoing. I don't do online dating, have been advised against it actually (but perhaps someday I will try it anyway because I am curious about it), and I meet lots of people just going about my day and being myself. I find that if I "try"... it isn't nearly as effective as just being my outgoing/friendly self. Using a script just seems so unnatural and I daresay creepy... instead learn to speak your mind, speak with truth, and be fearless and aware... every day you are likely surrounded by people, take advantage of that and talk with them.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:13 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovenow View Post
OP - that's too pre-planned... I have a better approach that actually works and is more spontaneous. Just smile when out and about and be outgoing. I don't do online dating, have been advised against it actually (but perhaps someday I will try it anyway because I am curious about it), and I meet lots of people just going about my day and being myself. I find that if I "try"... it isn't nearly as effective as just being my outgoing/friendly self. Using a script just seems so unnatural and I daresay creepy... instead learn to speak your mind, speak with truth, and be fearless and aware... every day you are likely surrounded by people, take advantage of that and talk with them.
How do you meet people?

I'm curious because I live in a city where we all basically ignore each other unless we have to. That's partly because if we don't look down while walking, we'll fall over the horribly maintained sidewalks. I find it interesting that people meet others just going about their daily lives, because the only people who really talk to others here are crazy folks and homeless people.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:16 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Yeah, but "lost in your eyes of emerald beauty"?!? Lmao. That ain't ever gonna work.
Yea...not the smoothest line, but it might just bring a smile to a women, especially if her beautiful emerald eyes are brown, Lol

I'm just saying its a start. Its obvious, the OP is new to this, and I encourage more men to approach women (with total politeness and respect, of course).

Old 07-01-2015, 08:26 PM

532 posts, read 958,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
What so asking out women is so wrong now ? Is that what you are saying?
I think some woman would not take that as a cold approach
I dont have access to a lot of parties or have a big social life like some people

Besides the worst that can happen is a no thank you

That is not the worst that can happen.....

mace
security
her boyfriend/husband coming out of the store she is standing in front of, just to name a few....

Old 07-01-2015, 08:29 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,981,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClutterbuck View Post
How do you meet people?

I'm curious because I live in a city where we all basically ignore each other unless we have to. That's partly because if we don't look down while walking, we'll fall over the horribly maintained sidewalks. I find it interesting that people meet others just going about their daily lives, because the only people who really talk to others here are crazy folks and homeless people.
Well, yesterday I was eating lunch alone at a grocery store cafe of all places, saw a woman I had briefly seen at a prior appointment (coincidentally) by herself walk in, and I just waved to her and then called her to sit with me once she bought some food. She hesitated briefly, but I think I just said something to disarm her and make her feel ok about eating with me (I seriously cannot remember what I said... perhaps, hey want to join me for lunch, no sense in eating alone...). We ended up talking for over an hour and a half and then she gave me her number... after briefly texting last night, she asked me out on a date for tomorrow. Honestly, this is nothing that unusual for me (happens periodically)... I don't think there's anything special about me other than that I sometimes am an extrovert like this and have decent awareness of potential coincidences like this (so I act upon them when the opportunity strikes). Now that I think about it, all my girlfriends have come into my life this way, I've never felt like I had to "try" to meet women... I see them all around me all the time

Old 07-01-2015, 08:29 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,056,326 times
Quote:
Hey guys
I thou whenever i get a chance i go to the mall and approach random woman and be like
Well hello there beautiful how are you? I got lost in your eyes of emerald beauty
Introduce my self explain then that im looking for someone to date
And maybe hit it off
The reason i think of doing this is because my dating life is very limited to online dating
And i work 40 hours a week so weekends are the only time off
And after work i jus dont feel like joinin a club if im mainly wanna date

Has this ever work for you guys where you just hit on someone randomly in the mall on the streets or a shopping center then exchange numbers then date? And then it either turns into a hook up or real relationship love?
Cold approaching definitely works. I've met girlfriends through cold approach. Two friends of mine met their wives on cold approach (one at the gym, the other at the beach). So it certainly can happen.

Though, most likely not with lines like that.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:32 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovenow View Post
Well, yesterday I was eating lunch alone at a grocery store cafe of all places, saw a woman I had briefly seen at a prior appointment (coincidentally) by herself walk in, and I just waved to her and then called her to sit with me once she bought some food. She hesitated briefly, but I think I just said something to disarm her and make her feel ok about eating with me (I seriously cannot remember what I said... perhaps, hey want to join me for lunch, no sense in eating alone...). We ended up talking for over an hour and a half and then she gave me her number... after briefly texting last night, she asked me out on a date for tomorrow. Honestly, this is nothing that unusual for me (happens periodically)... I don't think there's anything special about me other than that I sometimes am an extrovert like this and have decent awareness of potential coincidences like this (so I act upon them when the opportunity strikes). Now that I think about it, all my girlfriends have come into my life this way, I've never felt like I had to "try" to meet women... I see them all around me all the time
Where do you live?

Old 07-01-2015, 08:38 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,108,380 times
Quote:
Oh trust me it has work before yall just some haters
Nah not a hater, if it's worked, well then, carry on

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Yea...not the smoothest line, but it might just bring a smile to a women, especially if her beautiful emerald eyes are brown, Lol

I'm just saying its a start. Its obvious, the OP is new to this, and I encourage more men to approach women (with total politeness and respect, of course).
Lol. True. will either bring a smile or creep her out.... But he's said its worked, so ...

Old 07-01-2015, 08:41 PM

765 posts, read 986,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passion4mb View Post
[/b]

That is not the worst that can happen.....

mace
security
her boyfriend/husband coming out of the store she is standing in front of, just to name a few....
Just for asking someone out?
I think not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships