Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 10:31 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The whole meeting over avocado squeezing is something Hollywood likes to sell......
The issue with meeting at a grocery isn't that it's not possible, it's that it's not common. It's why people always recommend going out to nightclubs and bars, because those two places are common for meeting people. At a grocery store, most people are there to shop and get out. Sure, you may bump into someone and have a playful conversation, but it's expected that most times they're going to go their way and you're going to go your way.

I don't doubt for one second that there's people who have met at a grocery store and have been happily married for years and even decades; however, that medium of a relationship starting is rather uncommon. It's the same reason why so many people marry in college or outside of college. That medium of meeting someone is so high, because you already share a very valuable and important commonality, education.

If I met a woman at the grocery store, I would scream from the top of the mountain tops that I finally did it, but I would also tell people to use caution and be realistic. My situation was an absolute fluke, and everyone has the same opportunity to recreate the same fluke, I was just luckier than many other people that tried similar things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 11:21 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,048,736 times
The upside down pineapple trick helps. I hear lol

Old 07-03-2015, 01:14 AM

17,633 posts, read 22,624,498 times
It's time for sharing some nice cold, sweet Water Melon....

Old 07-03-2015, 01:57 AM

2,704 posts, read 1,829,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The whole meeting over avocado squeezing is something Hollywood likes to sell......
LOL. I did actually get chatted up over avocados once. If I didnt already have a boyfriend, I would have dated him.

I dated a guy who chatted me up while waiting in line at the check out. But for full disclosure we had seen each other around ( not uncommon in a small town) and had some mutual friends so he wasn't a total, random stranger.

Finally, I once had a short term romance with my butcher.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:01 AM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
A romance with a butcher is something I can embrace.

It's hard to find prime meat

Old 07-03-2015, 08:03 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,226,222 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Finally, I once had a short term romance with my butcher.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:18 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,796,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Quite a few, actually.

I don't meet anyone from online...
I'm a very private person.....
Yet I'm out constantly & yep it happens in stores all the time.

Stores, pumping gas, walking down the street, in restaurants....
Guys here are not shy
Walking down the street? Really? I can't imagine a woman in this day and age appreciating that. Seems like a good way for a guy to get maced. Women don't seem to like to be approached in general. I always look for an opportunity at the gym and none of the women there seem interested in talking to guys.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:23 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,796,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've been posting this for a couple of years, now. Guys: in order to meet women, you have to actually talk to them. Amazing how long it takes for that to sink in.

Well I agree, but women need to give us a hint at least. A guy isn't going to talk to you if your head is down, you are frowning, and not making any eye contact. Isn't this where the whole hair flip tossle thing comes in at? I don't know, I'm horrible at figuring out when women wants me to talk to her or ask her out. I'm pretty sure I've missed out on some amazing women in my life due to it going completely over my head lol.

Old 07-03-2015, 08:32 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,187,535 times
Never. But then again, I am usually there with my mind on getting whatever I needed to get, and I have earphones in. So I probably don't look inviting. lol

Old 07-03-2015, 08:34 AM

412 posts, read 545,309 times
I wouldn't be against a guy talking to me at the store but that usually doesn't happen. I'm typically in there looking for something and want to get in then out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships