Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 02:25 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Ive have been called out as a player more than once, but thats far from the truth. Personally, I think its all in a woman's mind, Lol.

Don't confuse strong game as being a player
Surprisingly few women (or even men, for that matter) seem to understand the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 02:47 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
I'm sure there are people who have come across mates in grocery stores.

It's not like that for everyone. One of the keys to meeting people...is not expecting to meet people. When you go somewhere to get something or are going to an event, focus on that instead of meeting a future mate.

People take dating WAY too seriously, then get upset when their expectations aren't met.

Just chill out.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:57 PM

116 posts, read 138,011 times
When I'm shopping, I am very focused. I'm in my own "zone" and I do not like to talk to anyone, because it will throw me off my shopping grind. I'd prefer not to be picked up at a grocery store.

Old 07-03-2015, 03:07 PM

253 posts, read 655,094 times
Um.. not such a good idea depending on who you approach? I am one of those speed shoppers, get my stuff done and out, hence I don't usually pay attention to the people around me (other than trying not to ram into people with my cart.) One time, a guy randomly chatted about something and I chuckled and was polite back. And then he smiled a little toooo much and was trying to flirt. UM. I zoomed the other way asap because it was weird and creepy. There is a time and place for things, at least for me? Just because I smiled at you does not mean I'm interested in you.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:27 PM

324 posts, read 271,150 times
I was working at a Walmart..... and yes got asked out on a date 2x.

Weird as heck but it does happen.

Old 07-03-2015, 06:19 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Very true.....
The other situations where it's kind of scary is in the taxis.
When the taxi driver starts asking me where I live, where I work, etc.......
Hitting on me when all I need is a safe ride, downtown.

Another one I forgot- mechanics, lol
Taking the car for repairs- or even an oil change, lol
Like I said men here are not shy
Do you really consider a taxi driver asking you questions a come on? Almost every taxi I've ever been in has been like that - men or women.

I think you probably think you're being hit on in some situations, but you likely have just met a friendly person.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:30 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
Do you really consider a taxi driver asking you questions a come on? Almost every taxi I've ever been in has been like that - men or women.

I think you probably think you're being hit on in some situations, but you likely have just met a friendly person.
Actually when they're asking me what I do for a living.... Then proceed to ask if they can stop by my place for some relaxation...... All I gotta do is give my number.....
Yeah, I know when its not just friendliness.

BTW, I was actually stalked
last summer by someone who was "friendly"
He was a driver that mistook
my kindness for weakness.
These days I do all my own driving.

Old 07-03-2015, 09:37 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
I was approached out of nowhere and asked out at a grocery store. It was one of the few times I was sans kids. Apparently he didn't see my rings. I was flattered.

But to be honest, the only way I would know a guy at the supermarket was interested in me was if he actually asked me out. Otherwise I would assume he was just making small talk.

Old 07-03-2015, 09:54 PM

13,654 posts, read 9,711,429 times
This thread is ample evidence that some women are much enthused about being approached in public settings, some are amused but not particularly receptive, some are indifferent, some are annoyed, and some are outright disgusted and horrified. To the extent that I've been able to observe, most women do not wear a conspicuous sign apprising the potential approacher of their degree of receptivity. Dogs (male or female) ready to mate are often accoutered in a bright kerchief around the neck. Humans (of either gender) rarely do this. And that's a pity!

The great challenge is to realize, despite the lack of obvious cues, when an approach is desired, and when the woman's privacy is best respected. And the more complex and hectic society becomes, the greater this challenge.

Old 07-03-2015, 09:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Surprisingly few women (or even men, for that matter) seem to understand the difference.
HC isn't a player he just crushes a lot.

His ways just hyptonize the ladies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships