Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 06:29 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This. This is what I was trying to say. And one advantage of some grocery stores is that they have a coffee bar or snack area where you can sit and talk. If your chatting in the yogurt aisle is going well, you can ask the lady (or gent) if they'd like to join you for coffee or tea. This actually works, occasionally.
"Wally World" (walmart) has a McDonalds inside the building.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 06:32 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
"Wally World" (walmart) has a McDonalds inside the building.....
Another reason to continue avoiding WM. A grocery store chain based in Seattle back in the 90's kind of re-invented itself, and started leasing out space to concessions. Their most brilliant move was to rent to Cinnabon, which advertised its presence by piping the oven fumes from their cinnamon rolls out into the parking lot. Not only did their business boom, the grocery chain's clientele grew by leaps and bounds, too! That's what you want to look for; a place that has a cinammon-roll concession, or bagels, or Haagen Dasz ice cream, or something irresistable, like that.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:47 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Ask women if you can help them since they can't reach the top shelf.
guys can go the other way also. since most of us tend to be a bit lost in a supermarket, we can use that to our advantage, and get the woman to actually help us shop. they can help us find bargains, tell which produce is fresh, etc. and while you are getting that woman to teach you how to shop in a supermarket, you can make conversation with her and get her to open up to you. and hopefully by the time the both of you hit the cashiers stand, you have gotten her digits, or given yours to her, and perhaps even made a lunch date for somewhere.

guys, we can meet women anywhere, you just have to be willing to step up and talk to them.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
guys can go the other way also. since most of us tend to be a bit lost in a supermarket, we can use that to our advantage, and get the woman to actually help us shop. they can help us find bargains, tell which produce is fresh, etc. and while you are getting that woman to teach you how to shop in a supermarket, you can make conversation with her and get her to open up to you. and hopefully by the time the both of you hit the cashiers stand, you have gotten her digits, or given yours to her, and perhaps even made a lunch date for somewhere.

guys, we can meet women anywhere, you just have to be willing to step up and talk to them.
I've been posting this for a couple of years, now. Guys: in order to meet women, you have to actually talk to them. Amazing how long it takes for that to sink in.

Old 07-02-2015, 06:55 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:

Quote:
I've been posting this for a couple of years, now. Guys: in order to meet women, you have to actually talk to them. Amazing how long it takes for that to sink in.

Yeppers.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:24 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,296,891 times
Back when I was single I used to meet women all the time at Trader Joe's. I was primarily riding a motorcycle at the time, so I would go in with a backpack and carrying my helmet. I was limited in how much I could buy so I was there quite a bit, and after a while people started to recognize me. I was quite stupid at the time, so I wasn't wearing gear, just flip flops and shorts. I was probably approached a half dozen times by young women who wanted to tell me I was an idiot for riding a sportbike without pants and boots, but they still wanted my number.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yeppers.
i agree. us guys have to grow a pair and step up to the plate before we can knock one out of the park.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
i agree. us guys have to grow a pair and step up to the plate before we can knock one out of the park.
Well, how can you meet women without talking to them? Even if they approach you, you still have to talk to them.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:43 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
Some people are clueless. My first girlfriend was a clerk in the butcher shop. She was cute and friendly, so I would volunteer to go to the butcher shop every week. Eventually it turned into a gf, for a couple of months. It can be just a random, bump into kind of thing. But it could be a clerk, or someone who's eating in the food court and you just strike up a casual conversation. It doesn't mean you just run in and out of the store, hang around, mingle, brouse, etc.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:44 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Batter up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships