Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 04:34 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
What's done is done. Financially it made sense to move in together, not to mention the fact that we get along great and we love spending time together. I've loved living together so far. Sure, it was fast, but it's been great.

Yes, I know living together has added to the stress, but as I stated before, I wouldn't trade the stress, anxiety, or whatever it is I'm feeling for anything, even the single life. He's worth it.

No one is worth all of that nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 04:43 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,423,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You are causing your own stress and why in the world would you move in with someone after dating for 4 months.
That is barely enough time to remember how to spell his last name.
This is your issue alone and it appears you jumped into deeper water than you are ready to handle.
Why NOT. We're consenting adults. We knew it was early, but we've enjoyed it thus far. Is there a rule that says you have to wait X amount of time before moving in together?

Perhaps the fast move was because he had already purchased the house before I met him and was fixing it up (it was a total gut job), and when we began seeing each other, I would sometimes help him with the work on the house. His first night there after it became habitable, he asked me to stay with him for the night, and it just kind of worked out from there. Maybe it's a pride of ownership thing--I did help remodel the house--why not enjoy our hard work together?

Now will everyone quit asking WHY? Normally it doesn't bother me but everyone seems to but stuck on that fact. It's already done. If it was too soon, we'll deal with it. If it doesn't work out, we'll deal with it. We're not married. Why NOT live together if we want to?

Old 07-03-2015, 04:45 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:

Now will everyone quit asking WHY? Normally it doesn't bother me but everyone seems to but stuck on that fact. It's already done. If it was too soon, we'll deal with it. If it doesn't work out, we'll deal with it. We're not married. Why NOT live together if we want to?
um...because it's stressing you out? You started the thread about the stresses of living with your guy, and asked if it's always like this. People are giving you their answers. That's all.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:48 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
It does matter. There is not a specific minimum time frame, but there is a general consensus that a few months is too soon. You seriously, legitimately barely know each other.

Financial reasons and "because I was already there a lot anyway" are NEVER enough to move in with an SO.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:49 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
My problem is adjusting OUT of single life.
Love, communication and some bonding time is all you need to get through this phase.

Relax. You'll be just fine.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:53 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
The stress doesn't ever go away because you are two separate people with two different ways of approaching things. You'll always be two separate people. It may die down over time, but only if you make concessions, which isn't the same thing as getting rid of the stress.

You are balancing your desire to please him with your desire to have things "your way." There's guilt for asking "too much," and resentment for having to ask in the first place.

It's an adjustment. A constant adjustment. You will have to communicate A LOT and figure out how to navigate life together.

If that's what you actually want.

wmsn4life, i tried to rep you but apparently ive given you too many reps recently, so the system won't allow me to do so.

I agree with you here, 1000%.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:54 PM

513 posts, read 429,218 times
Relationships are not supposed to be stressful 24/7. Yes, it takes work to maintain a healthy relationship, but it shouldn't cause so much anxiety.

Old 07-03-2015, 04:58 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It does matter. There is not a specific minimum time frame, but there is a general consensus that a few months is too soon. You seriously, legitimately barely know each other.

Financial reasons and "because I was already there a lot anyway" are NEVER enough to move in with an SO.
Ugh. There's really nothing we can say at this point. She's loves the guy, moved in, and is very adamant in keeping her relationship despite our disapprovals and her anxieties.

Suggesting her to move out and taking the relationship slower is just out of the question here, Lol

Old 07-03-2015, 05:03 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Ugh. There's really nothing we can say at this point. She's loves the guy, moved in, and is very adamant in keeping her relationship despite our disapprovals and her anxieties.

Suggesting her to move out and taking the relationship slower is just out of the question here, Lol
No, that's definitely true. Can't go back to holding hands and goodnight kisses on the porch.

It is the cause of her stress, though. She's just going through that adjustment. Keeping an eye on the big picture will help her make her way through it.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:05 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,232,469 times
Yeah, at this point the horse is out of the barn. Maybe some more time is needed, because some people do not take well to cohabitation at first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships