Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 05:25 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times

Advertisements

My guess is he isn't falling for the "NSA" line when you admittedly have feelings for him. Even if you haven't outright admitted to him, he's probably a smart cookie and picked up on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 05:28 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
He's not saying no to sex. He's saying no to sex with you, a person he's been involved with who he knows is emotionally attached. That's not what a person looks for in a "no-strings" arrangement.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:31 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
He's just not that into you and all that...meh it happens to the best of us.

I wouldn't waste another second thinking about him. Its always a mistake to go backwards in life anyway, if he's in your past there's a reason why.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:34 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,360,559 times
That is not so hard to believe, as I am that way. I will be friends with males....no sex, though. One could not handle it and hardly speaks to me. A couple of others are still my friend. This man has made it clear that he does not want to have sex with you. He wants to be just friends with you. It is your choice to accept his offer of friendship or dump him if having sex with him is a prerequisite of being with you.
Quite frankly, I find your posting a bit hard to read. Maybe because I just had a friend dump me when I wouldn't agree to put out for him. It made me feel like I was worthless to him and the times we spent talking on the phone, texting and together meant absolutely nothing to him. I am better off without someone with that kind of expectation of me in my life and I have a feeling your friend would feel the same way if he thought that is your main concern.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:42 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Yep. Based on your reaction, you're emotionally invested. If you werent, no post would have been made, you'd have shrugged and moved on. You only feel rejected when emotions are involved.

You wouldn't be "at your rope's end," or feeling like "an ugly grey mouse." You flat out state that you have feelings for him. That's not "compartmentalizing." You're emotionally involved and he knows it and is steering clear.
Nobody likes to be rejected, but perhaps it's more of a bruised ego?

I'm thinking if he's middle aged maybe he has performance issues or a low sex drive. Unless you've proven to get very attached to him in the past and he's just playing it safe.

Old 07-03-2015, 05:48 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
In my experience, a lack of performance ability doesn't stop them from trying....

Old 07-03-2015, 06:11 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,481,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Apparently he has evolved since you knew him and may even care about your feelings.

I agree. Some of us guys are emotionally available and care about the people we are intimate with.

Old 07-03-2015, 07:05 PM

348 posts, read 372,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Have to agree with the other posters, he may be avoiding you because he feels you may become emotionally invested, regardless of what you're saying. And that can quickly become a sticky situation with people not wanting to let go, I'd say no to sex and steer clear of you too if I were in his shoes.
This.

It gets offered up to me periodically, and in general, I refuse (save for last week ), because I just don't want to deal with it, as it's never "compartmentalized" (sometimes it's even me). Here, it's not, since she bought something special, and it's not NSA, if she has residual feelings and is hurt by the rejection. He's most assuredly already picked up on this, and if you're self-aware and not a complete sociopath it's a TON of emotional work to casually cavort around with someone you know likely has feelings.

Old 07-03-2015, 09:50 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Yep. Based on your reaction, you're emotionally invested. If you werent, no post would have been made, you'd have shrugged and moved on. You only feel rejected when emotions are involved.

You wouldn't be "at your rope's end," or feeling like "an ugly grey mouse." You flat out state that you have feelings for him. That's not "compartmentalizing." You're emotionally involved and he knows it and is steering clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
My guess is he isn't falling for the "NSA" line when you admittedly have feelings for him. Even if you haven't outright admitted to him, he's probably a smart cookie and picked up on it.

Absolutely spot-on!

I lived a pretty wild life for a few years between my late wife's death and when my current wife moved in. I never wanted to hurt anyone, but there were several who I dated for awhile (intimately) and then dropped 'em. I was dating a few at a time, mostly, and keeping pretty busy. (My way of coping with my late wife's death, I suppose.) I wasn't too picky either. But once it was over, I'd have never considered a NSA relationship with any of them, because I knew that would never have worked with them. It just couldn't.

There was one lady friend who I liked but wasn't interested in sexually. We discussed it after our first "date". I don't think we kissed, or if I did kiss her it was a friendly peck on the cheek. She wondered about that, she said, what a kiss between us would be like. I told her it would lead to some great sex, but I thought it would be better if we just remained friends, and that's what we did. I liked her too much to hurt her, and I simply wasn't physically attracted to her... at all.

But she spent the night at my house several times. She'd boast that the bedroom she used in my house was hers. There were times I thought about inviting her into the master suite. I know she'd have beaten me into it. One morning during breakfast I was giving her a little back rub. She said it really felt good... then moaned a little and said I'd better stop it or she'd have me right there and then. I quit! LOL

OP, I think your guy knows you have strong feelings for him -- that you're vulnerable, and that if the relationship becomes sexual again, he'll either have to stay with you until death or hurt you again. He's not ready to make that commitment. Good for him. Sounds like he has some class. I wouldn't push it if I were you.

Old 07-03-2015, 10:00 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I'm trying to resist the urge to go off here.... a man tells you the truth, tells you to your face he doesn't want to hurt you, he makes a point of not using you for sex and yet this is the reaction he gets...

I'm not a poster here that give women too much of a hard time, but this is a ****ing annoying thread you started here OP........narcissistic as well, just cause a man isn't panting to bang you, it turns your whole world upside down and get all weird and self conscious about it... damn it's just sex, it isn't the end of the world. I know women aren't used to men trying to be fair about things and not using... and just after the P...... but damn... not all men are walking hardons without any thoughts or feelings.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships