Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 12:01 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
lmao....and this is typical female downplaying of REAL male insight...sorry...

If the hotty has weird religious quirks, it is best to hide these until she had suitable mates in her snare...going on line and listing her quirks will NARROW her hits, not increase them...most women know to hide the quirks until its too late..

I think most bros KNOW women on dating sites lie...and they expect this...im sure men lie as well...
If I asked people I know about old, they would roll their eyes and laugh at me...even the ones who have used it successfully have had to wade through a huge amount of crap to find the ONE or TWO gems...

I am separated and technically can date...maybe I will join one of these for sheets and grins...just to prove my point...hit on the hottest of the hot and see all the baggage come out if not already listed
Most bros don't even read the profiles. They just scan the pics and message the "hotties."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 12:08 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
I knew I wanted to broaden my social circle and date and meet others. While I found that I'm not going to make "friends" this way (OLD) because those men are definitely not there to make friends to just hang out with, with no push for more than that (and that is fine)...I did get quite a lot of good online conversations and some interesting dates out of it, and finally found someone who spurred me to go to another site where I found some new friends and activities, and finally found (on OKC) a new lover that I'm totally into. With him in my life now I feel no need to seek anyone else, but I'm hesitent to deactivate my profile. Why? Because it's like flipping through a magazine, or people watching, at this point. I went anonymous and just wander around looking at pics and reading profiles because I find people interesting, when I'm sitting with my phone in my hand and it's a bad time to call anyone I know and Facebook is boring and nothing is really going on.

It's entertainment at this point.

I don't like to call myself attractive because I don't know what anyone sees when they look at me, but gauging by the amount of interest I've received not just in getting dates but follow up afterwards...not a single date has gone silent or not wanted to see me again. I'm the one that had to hit THEM with the cold shower. So, I guess I can't be too bad? *shrug*

Old 07-06-2015, 02:13 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,924,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Attractive women use online dating because men are too shy to approach them, or they assume they're already taken. Many men have so many complexes that hinder them from dating, I'm amazed the population manages to reproduce at all. And speaking of the "hot" women (as opposed to merely "attractive" ones), they would use online dating because the only guys approaching them are sleazes, players, or arrogant types, and the women are looking for the good guys, the humble, decent family man types.
And lord knows NONE of these types use on line dating lmao
I just don't get it

Old 07-06-2015, 02:16 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,454,330 times
To catfish, why else? ��

Old 07-06-2015, 02:20 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
It's easier to ignore or reject men online than it is in person, yet you get the benefit of being able to select for men according to religion, marital status, and kid status.

But it's really just trading one set of challenges for another because people lie and misrepresent themselves, right down to using pictures that are 15 years old. If you meet organically, at least you know there is some kind of attraction.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:27 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
These threads come in, at least once a week.
I've never done it but a lot of the reasons make sense especially if your actively wanting to date.
I've always been curious-what happens if the woman or man is really photogenic but isnt very attractive in person. I have a few gf that look great in photos and instagram esp but don't look the same in person. It's weird but if I judged them on their photos I would consider them very attractive. In that way it's almost misleading if old is solely used to find someone based on "looks". You also have people that are very attractive in person but look terrible in pictures and I think old would probably suck for them too.

Old 07-06-2015, 05:21 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
And lord knows NONE of these types use on line dating lmao
I just don't get it
Online women can weed them out, and look for the good guys, per their profiles and message exchanges.

Old 07-06-2015, 05:57 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Attractive women use online dating because men are too shy to approach them, or they assume they're already taken. Many men have so many complexes that hinder them from dating, I'm amazed the population manages to reproduce at all. .
Why do you say many? As you said the worlds reproducing at a fast rate so your theory can't be too accurate..

The difference is men like myself who are unattractive to women now let ourselves be known on forums like these were back in the day there were no forums for men with issues to vent..

They'res always gonna be shy men or men with anxiety who don't approach women this isn't new

Old 07-06-2015, 06:02 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Why do you say many? As you said the worlds reproducing at a fast rate so your theory can't be too accurate..

The difference is men like myself who are unattractive to women now let ourselves be known on forums like these were back in the day there were no forums for men with issues to vent..

They'res always gonna be shy men or men with anxiety who don't approach women this isn't new
Nah, they were on IRC/mIRC before these types of forums were around.

Old 07-06-2015, 06:04 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
The world is, but the US and Western Europe aren't, except for the immigration factor.

Definitely, the issue isn't new. There have always been shy guys. But men assuming that attractive women are taken and allowing that assumption to cause them to not even try is new to me, and is shocking in its absurdity.

Oh well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships