Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 12:36 PM

36,441 posts, read 30,806,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Greenlee View Post
Very hard to find, especially in my area that is more rural than urban. As far as being able to spend quality couple time after the kids move out? Haha, that's not me. I love to travel. It's a major part of my life. If she's not down to either leave the kids with their dad or bring them along, we definitely will not work out. I'm not looking for someone that I have to put my life on hold for, I'm looking for a companion that can join me in what I'm doing...and vice versa.
Stick with the one your brought to the shindig.

Are you not understanding what people are telling you.
Parents can rarely drop everything (the kids) and take off on spontaneous travels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 01:12 PM

847 posts, read 766,176 times
be a guy.
Enjoy her company once or twice and then hit the road Jack.

Unless you are looking for settling down with three kids in a hurry.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:20 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,151,011 times
Quote:
Yeah, didn't think I had to spell it out but, guess I do. Me senior, her freshie. She was my little sister's friend. They did sports together and she came over to our house a bunch to ride horses and hang out.
They typical age difference between a freshman and a senior is 4 years - not five. But I guess one of you must have started school late or early.

Quote:
Very hard to find, especially in my area that is more rural than urban. As far as being able to spend quality couple time after the kids move out? Haha, that's not me. I love to travel. It's a major part of my life. If she's not down to either leave the kids with their dad or bring them along, we definitely will not work out. I'm not looking for someone that I have to put my life on hold for, I'm looking for a companion that can join me in what I'm doing...and vice versa.
Didn't you want to have children of your own?

Old 07-06-2015, 01:29 PM

5,204 posts, read 4,664,250 times
The reason why these relationships are even attempted are:

The woman with 3 kids is somewhat desperate. She probably knows dating someone with zero kids experience isn't going to work out but she probably has few options.

The man is just curious to try it out for the sex. OP mentions how hot the woman is and how she still takes care of herself. No mention of any other desirable qualities.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:27 PM

132 posts, read 106,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Didn't you want to have children of your own?
I don't know. I guess. Sometimes I do and other times I really don't.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
The man is just curious to try it out for the sex. OP mentions how hot the woman is and how she still takes care of herself. No mention of any other desirable qualities.
Say what? I wouldn't date this woman for the sex. I have a lot younger women to fulfill my carnal desires. I'm looking for a grown up, not a 20something ditz. Although the 20 year olds do serve a particular purpose, they offer little beyond that.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:38 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,191,544 times
Quote:
You guys are scaring me. Wth am I getting myself into?
Nothing I would, in your shoes.

This is not a knock on single moms, or even single parents. More a statement that it's a completely different ballgame. Your lovelife will revolve around the kids--their schedules, their needs, their emergencies, their tantrums, their illnesses, their everything. Given your other posts on here, I don't see how that's going to mesh with your lifestyle.

Nor should it have to. There's no law saying you have to give single parents a chance. I don't. I won't even date men with minor-age kids, even if they only have them every other weekend or something. I can't relate and I have no interest in hearing about kids, much less interacting with them. If I wanted kids, I'd have had them.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:55 PM

847 posts, read 766,176 times
come to think of it there could be advantages in dating a mom with three kids.

That is if you are player. you can still go have fun with your friends and you know that a couple times a week you will
get lucky. but you won't have a to spend a ton of your time with this lady and make her feel special.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:58 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,692,904 times
Do not marry until the kids are over 18 and moved out of the house. Kids are great but most relationships do not survive the problems.

Old 07-06-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post
come to think of it there could be advantages in dating a mom with three kids.

That is if you are player. you can still go have fun with your friends and you know that a couple times a week you will
get lucky. but you won't have a to spend a ton of your time with this lady and make her feel special.
I am a player but I'm sort of phasing out of that stage of my life. I don't need to keep some single mother on the side to get laid. I wouldn't see someone behind her back if I did choose to date her. I'm not that kind of dude. I'm looking for a mature relationship with a woman who is stable and knows what she wants. That's why I'm entertaining this particular single mother. She meets the emotional and intellectual criteria. Plus she doesn't need my money. The kids though? Eh, don't know how that's gonna pan out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships