Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 11:24 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,497,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Greenlee View Post
What are the complications and pitfalls I need to look out for? What are some things I can do to make this work?

Thanks for your replies.
You're not and will never be dad. You will always lose to babydaddy. The End.

(I'm a stepkid a few times over.)

You're not thinking this through and it shows in some of your responses above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2015, 11:26 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,497,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post

Yep. That's what I find most attractive about single moms as well.
They're strong and independent ... because they had to be.
I'd have to weigh "strong and independent" versus making stupid decisions in picking mates.

The next time I skydive, I could just forget to pull the ripcord and someone may deem that gutsy. Others would rightfully deem that stupid.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:07 AM

132 posts, read 106,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
You will always lose to babydaddy.
What exactly am I going to lose?

Old 07-07-2015, 12:49 AM

1,104 posts, read 1,145,709 times
Quote:
You guys are scaring me. Wth am I getting myself into?
Don't do it. All kinds of complications you don't need. And if it does become long term, most guys don't like the idea of supporting someone else's kids. And that's what's going to happen when they become your instant family.

Old 07-07-2015, 01:05 AM

132 posts, read 106,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD614 View Post
All kinds of complications you don't need.
Thanks for telling me what I don't need.

Btw, she doesn't need my money. I've said that a few times in this thread.

Old 07-07-2015, 01:09 AM

227 posts, read 195,185 times
Go for it, Johnny.

You're smart asking for advice, but just take it one day, one date at a time. You guys have chemistry, and that's good. It sounds like you want a break from the girls you usually date, anyway, so a change of pace might be a good thing. She's probably having the same thoughts/reservations you are too: wondering if you'd be bothered by her single mom status, how things could work out with the kids in the future, etc. Just go in with an open mind. Good luck!

Edit: Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think this could work for you. You're adamant about not moving from where you are, and for younger women, that could be a big turn off. This lady has ties to the area, I'm assuming, so she'd be less likely to want to move within the next several years (being a single mom, having family close by is a huge plus). Also, she's likely to be more understanding of your desire to stay close to your parents. Your values probably line up.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:18 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
A lot of guys (and some women), would run for the hills regarding partners with kids. Typically, the folks with children are the ones with their acts together. They demonstrate DAILY their love & devotion i.e., they know HOW to do it.

This is usually evident.

These folks don't go looking for the next "Good Time Charlie" or "Piece of Arse", they recognize a solid individual that's not gonna play games. They don't have time for that. Not to mention, a helluva lot to lose. I certainly wouldn't want a floosie hangin' 'round my children.....if I had children.

If she's kind, intelligent, and turns you on......the kids ain't "baggage." They're part of her and her history.....and legacy. And it takes a special person to love her kids as one's own......if it goes that far.

Give it a shot....

Quote:

Yep. That's what I find most attractive about single moms as well.
They're strong and independent ... because they had to be.

Why thank you. Finally, some true and nice words said on here about single moms.

Old 07-07-2015, 11:37 AM

951 posts, read 1,140,306 times
OP, give it a chance. I too know a single mom who has 3 kids, but I would say she is at the top of the line of quality women even if she didn't have kids. Gorgeous (like in Megan Fox gorgeous), very smart, has a sense of humor, kind, and her kids are like her as well. She's currently taken, but to me she beats a lot of the younger gals out there who doesn't have kids.

Also, a long time ago I fell in love with a man with 4 kids when I was childless and single. He just had everything that I was looking for that no other man had. I was kids-blind with him. If things worked out differently, I would go back to him in a heartbeat. He was that wonderful.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:09 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,057,058 times
Mmmmmmmm... Momgina

I disbelieve that you are "42" and you've never dealt with this scenario. I have dated, or had options of dating single moms since I was.... 17.
By the time you round third base dating in your 40s, its like 90% of women have child(ren) from a prior relationship. The only novelty becomes IF you meet a woman who doesn't happen to have children.

Every woman is an individual case, and should be evaluated as such. You might not be as charming and desirable as you think. She was just tipsy and sunburned at a Fourth of July picnic, and you were a pleasant convo.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:25 PM

745 posts, read 801,042 times
Again... because you are apparently not paying attention to anything anyone is saying:

No... not with 3 kids, that's just insane

I am doing it now with 1 kid and it's just almost unbearable sometimes. The kids will probably be unappreciative and rude and a giant pain in the ass

But go ahead, find out yourself, that may be some real golden snatch that is worth it? lol?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships