Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 10:04 AM

745 posts, read 803,536 times

Advertisements

I tend to do more cooking and cleaning, i dont want to re-hash why, but it's not ideal

Old 07-07-2015, 10:25 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,929,405 times
depends
if one works and the other doesn't, the other should be doing the bulk of the housework...regardless of whether the other is husband or wife

as far as taking care OF KIDS I would imagine the working spouse still participates in that

the old days, the husband worked, fixed things, mowed the lawn etc while the wife stayed home, cooked cleaned laundered and got the kids off to school..that was a good division of labor

and staying home with the kids and tending house is NOT the easier job, imo its harder...

but of both spouses work, then THEY need to find a division that works for them...problem is when both spouses work full time, and there are kids...there is simply TOO MUCH work to be done...neither spouse will ever feel like its fair, they will both always be overwhelmed...I see this in every dual income with kids family I know...everyone is exhausted and unhappy, not enough time to get everything done and have time with the family...life sucks stay single

Old 07-07-2015, 10:28 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,708,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
depends
if one works and the other doesn't, the other should be doing the bulk of the housework...regardless of whether the other is husband or wife

as far as taking care OF KIDS I would imagine the working spouse still participates in that

the old days, the husband worked, fixed things, mowed the lawn etc while the wife stayed home, cooked cleaned laundered and got the kids off to school..that was a good division of labor

and staying home with the kids and tending house is NOT the easier job, imo its harder...

but of both spouses work, then THEY need to find a division that works for them...problem is when both spouses work full time, and there are kids...there is simply TOO MUCH work to be done...neither spouse will ever feel like its fair, they will both always be overwhelmed...I see this in every dual income with kids family I know...everyone is exhausted and unhappy, not enough time to get everything done and have time with the family...life sucks stay single

Or hire a maid. It won't get rid of all of the chores, but man alive does it help (I am single and have a maid that cleans twice a month... I just have to do the day-to-day stuff when I come home from work and leave the deep cleaning to her).

Old 07-07-2015, 10:30 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,287,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I do the female stuff (laundry, cooking)
He does the manly stuff (cleaning cars, motorcycles, fixing stuff, yard)
and we both clean the house as we feel like.

Exactly.

I am NOT a handy person, and I abhor yard work.

He can look at something and know how to fix it, whereas my attitude is "just hire someone".

I don't care how my car looks as long as it runs, so he does that too.
I do the house cleaning and most of the cooking.

The laundry is done based on who gets to it first.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:42 AM

847 posts, read 768,065 times
depends on your skillset.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:43 AM

36,660 posts, read 30,967,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turktv85 View Post
How much does a married woman do of cleaning the house and cooking?

How much do men do of cleaning and cooking?
There are no laws concerning this so could go anywhere from 0% to 100%. Strange question.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:57 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,247,830 times
Depends on the time of year and who's home more. Honesty neither one of us keeps track; we just do what needs to be done.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:58 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,048,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turktv85 View Post
Just asking in general
In general, there is no universal answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships