Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 08:31 AM

149 posts, read 178,985 times

Advertisements

Um yes. I've went on 3-5 dates. I've also be intimate with a couple of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 08:35 AM

But yes I will 'leave it'. I will not contact her again.

Old 07-09-2015, 08:55 AM

It was just very disheartening she wasn't willing to work on us. I guess it's whatever at this point. At least it wasn't my wife leaving me. Things could be worse.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:00 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,086 times
I know what you mean by wanting closer. I wanted it with my last relationship and never got it. Sometimes you just don't. It makes it harder to get over things, but it's not impossible. Sometime life just doesn't give you closer, you have to make it for yourself. At this point, I think you should let it go and do something for yourself to give yourself a kind of closure. Good luck.

Old 07-09-2015, 12:42 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,079,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I know what you mean by wanting closer. I wanted it with my last relationship and never got it. Sometimes you just don't. It makes it harder to get over things, but it's not impossible. Sometime life just doesn't give you closer, you have to make it for yourself. At this point, I think you should let it go and do something for yourself to give yourself a kind of closure. Good luck.

That's a good point.

Sometimes you have to force closure. We may feel that we deserve more, and we think closure should come naturally.

But......sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.

While I was going through my divorce, a very wise lady friend gave me some good advice:

"YAZ, maybe a few years down the road.....you and your ex wife just might be able to have a mutually beneficial relationship. But for now, you need to stay away from her."

Her point was that time has a tendency to heal wounds. It's an old cliché, I know, but there's a foundation of truth in it if one accepts it. And when we learn to be happy with ourselves, it opens up doors to be happy with other people.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:54 PM

Great advice!!

Old 07-10-2015, 09:39 AM

5,208 posts, read 4,666,583 times
Closure is all emotional and not based on specific events. You can meet her and speak your mind and still not have closure.

Old 07-10-2015, 02:41 PM

Very well said.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:45 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,769,824 times
Since she's not responding to you, I think it means she doesn't want to hear from you. Just move on and leave her in your past.

Old 07-11-2015, 01:25 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,276,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jssteele89 View Post
Dated girl for 2 year (lived together for a year). She moved out in December but we kept hooking up until April. Things ended for good in April when she started seeing someone else. We hung one night and pretty much never saw each since. At this point I feel I might not ever see her again. She agreed to meet up to get closure and everything, but I bailed because I still had some feelings for her, and her having a boyfriend who hurt me If I saw her. Obviously, I'd love to see her again. Should I meet with her in person for closure or just leave it and never see her again. She meant a lot to me to never, and it's to accept I won't see her again. She hasn't replied to my last 3-4 texts, but If I asked to meet up for closure she actually might do it. Thoughts??
Didn't you get closure when she moved out? I mean WOW, things just don't get any clearer. 'I'm outta here and taking Fido along. Bye!'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships