Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 02:20 PM

837 posts, read 752,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I say you're a niche look, and you counter by saying you're popular with other niche people? What kind of sense does that make? And I was actually trying to be helpful. Yes, I think so. Like I said, not a WASP look, which is the predominant thing in today's America, though that may be changing a little. The predominant thing is still a more-or-less Anglo look, that's just reality. So you could try targeting some niches: the Caucasus community within the Russian community, Italians, Greeks. A LOT of those have the same values as you, too: money, expensive watches & cars, etc. It could be a good fit. Seriously trying to be helpful, here. At least think about it. Chicago's gotta have those sub-cultures.

I love Greek, Hispanic and Italian women - that's probably what I look like the most. Hell, my favorite women are probably Brazilian and I look like I could have easily been born in Brazil. The problem is I do live in a heavily white area though so narrowing it down to just that group probably limits my chances quite a bit.

For what it's worth, my best friend's family is a very rich Irish white family. They basically love me like their own adopted son. I'm white washed in a lot of ways

Old 07-12-2015, 02:21 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,412,743 times
Which reminds me, you also come off as pretty hung up on ethnicity, FWIW, which can be offputting.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:21 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert View Post
I work out a ton as you can tell by the huge traps/delts -
Women don't care about that. Gay guys do, that must be why you get the response from that sector.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:22 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,253,323 times
Nervousness drive and persistence and focus and other high stress behavior will make you rich but is skunk juice to women and cats
My success with both started after retirement having a hobby helps a great deal hopefully something she likes too like art music or dance

Old 07-12-2015, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Not really, since luxury brands typically only have one dealership in the area.

Plenty of people are "one way" at work while being completely different off the clock. It IS a persona, ESPECIALLY in sales.
I don't work for a luxury dealership and that's not true anyways...there's 6 lexus dealerships within 50 miles for example here

and BTW that's why so many people suck balls at sales...being yourself is the key to great success in sales. You have to be genuine, NO BS.

The more real, the less BS...the more success you will have. I don't do fake enthusiasm, I force myself to talk to my customers the same way I talk to my friends

Old 07-12-2015, 02:23 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,412,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Women don't care about that. Gay guys do, that must be why you get the response from that sector.
Can't speak to what gay guys do and don't like (I'm guessing they tend to have individual tastes and preferences like all other people; some like bears, some like femmes, etc.). But I do know that as a straight woman, I really couldn't care less about "huge traps and delts." For what it's worth.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Which reminds me, you also come off as pretty hung up on ethnicity, FWIW, which can be offputting.

huh?

I said that I prefer white/hispanic women. I don't like brown women because Islam is a big part of that and I absolutely despise Islam, many middle eastern women are very beautiful but I don't want to get involved with that nonsense.

I don't find black or indian women attractive as a general rule but I'm sure I wouldn't say no if I met a cute/nice one

Old 07-12-2015, 02:25 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,116,307 times
Quote:
true but you have to sell yourself to sell a product

ESPECIALLY for my industry because so many people know what they're buying. They come in and most of the time, they know what the **** they want. They're going to buy because you make them feel very comfortable and happy around you. It's not like I'm selling a unique or better product. They can go 500 feet and find the same bullsht at any other place.

there's people in my industry who close 1/3 the clip I do because they can't make customers feel comfortable. It's all about emotions with buying
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
But the people that you are selling things to are coming to you because they are interested in buying something. And being able to change your personality to be able to sell things to all varieties of people isn't really being YOU. And people want to date a real person - not a persona.
I think it's funny that you ignored the real point of my post.

You keep talking about what a good salesman you are and how skillful you are - but that's not YOU. You aren't simply being yourself. You are selling something. I'm really good at being myself but horrible at selling things. You think that because you are good at selling things that you have great social skills. But basically, you are good at acting in different ways with different people. And that may work great for you in sales but it's not going to aid you in romantic relationships - because those are based on who you actually are. And who you actually are seems like someone who is in love with himself.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:25 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
I love Greek, Hispanic and Italian women - that's probably what I look like the most. Hell, my favorite women are probably Brazilian and I look like I could have easily been born in Brazil. The problem is I do live in a heavily white area though so narrowing it down to just that group probably limits my chances quite a bit.
You don't have to limit it to those groups. I was suggesting expanding into those groups. Besides, if you have a significantly increased chance of success with those groups, it wouldn't limit your chances to focus on those. To the contrary, zeroing in on the right target communities would increase your chances. If your chances with White Bread America are 10%, but your chances with ethnic America are 40%, how does narrowing it down to a more appropriate pool lower your chances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantleygilbert
For what it's worth, my best friend's family is a very rich Irish white family. They basically love me like their own adopted son. I'm white washed in a lot of ways
*aargh* Really not the point, but....oh well.

And now we've reached the point that it always boils down to: people making good suggestions, and you finding reasons not to consider them.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:26 PM

491 posts, read 401,618 times
Quote:

For what it's worth, [B
I close about twice the national average[/b] (50% to 25%) because I can make people feel so comfortable around me in 15 minutes
Quote:

some curves - [B
I work out a ton as you can tell by the huge traps/delts[/b] - with a reasonable trim midsection is fine
Quote:
[B
there's people in my industry who close 1/3 the clip I do[/b] because they can't make customers feel comfortable. It's all about emotions with buying
Quote:
I love Greek, Hispanic and Italian women - that's probably what I look like the most. I look like I could have easily been born in Brazil. The problem is I do live in a heavily white area though so narrowing it down to just that group probably limits my chances quite a bit.

Look no further than the mirror.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.