Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2015, 01:01 AM

4 posts, read 2,915 times

Advertisements

Travel around some countries in Asia, met a lot of women, some with some money, and some poorer women by US standard. So we started to chat and become common friends. I would have inexpensive meals or drinks with them and I paid the whole bill. And I never showed a clear intention to date them. We never had kiss too, as I know Asian women do not kiss men as casually as western women. A lot of them will then ask for expensive gifts like the newest smartphones, tablets, or even laptops. Some are even more direct asking for some cash.

I asked some local asian male friends of mine, some have been asked for the same things from women in their own country, who are not their girlfriends and wives. Some had never been asked. Obviously, most women in these Asian countries ask for these if they know a man make more money than the average man in their country. They don't ask if they know the man is poor. Local men who have been asked mostly have their own house and cars, which are seen as symbols of rich in many Asian countries.

I myself is of mixed Scottish and Asian ancestries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 01:22 AM

15,053 posts, read 10,045,925 times
Perhaps they are playing yah.....

Doesn't sound like the type of women you want to have a relationship with.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:28 AM

4 posts, read 2,915 times
I am pretty sure they will dissappear if men do not give them what they want.

I have also been asked to pay a meal bill eaten by 6 girls with only 1 of them I personally know. I was near their restaurant at that moment and did not eat there at all. And the girls had enough cash with them to pay for it.

I have never been asked like this in western countries.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:32 AM

61,430 posts, read 86,526,431 times
Scams are an unfortunate part of life. Everywhere in the world are people looking for unscrupulous ways to make money, all at someone else's expense. Those women do not need your help, if they wanted to find work or live a respectful life, they have a choice which they are not willing to make, as scamming people is much easier for them. They don't specifically represent Asian women. You can find them everywhere. Maybe you should re-evaluate your taste?
In some countries girls that date foreigners usually come from poor families who will expect you to support them or give her an allowance that she can use to support them. In other words, they will attempt to leech off you shamelessly.
I don't know where you met those women, but be assured - those women are NOT "ladies".
I often wonder about people whose experiences are predominately from the gutter, and the way they project the bad experiences they have had with troubled people to be representative of the whole population.

Last edited by elnina; 07-14-2015 at 02:06 AM..

Old 07-14-2015, 01:33 AM

15,053 posts, read 10,045,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sglassesviews View Post
I have never been asked like this in western countries.
It is common in poor Asian countries. I'm Asian but born and raised in the US. When I visited my ancestry country, it was actually pretty overwhelming when they discovered I'm from the US. I might as well had a T-shirt that said "Asian dude from the US == jackpot". It was good that I wasn't looking for a partner, it would have been difficult to weed out all the scammers and find the true ones looking for companionship.

Heck, I had friends of my family trying to set me up with their daughters.... ugh.

Oddly enough, the one lady I would have liked to take on a date was a nursing student at my aunt's boarding house. She was Australian redhead. She spoke the local language fluently... embarrassingly better than me.

Last edited by usayit; 07-14-2015 at 01:42 AM..

Old 07-14-2015, 02:09 AM

11,223 posts, read 16,387,154 times
I thought prostitutes always wanted the goods up front, no?

Old 07-14-2015, 03:38 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,288,409 times
I've travel most my adult life to Asian countries and have not experienced what you've encountered. Strange women asking for laptops and cash? Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships