Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 10:48 PM

347 posts, read 425,753 times

Advertisements

Have you ever done it? Apparently I'm feeling particularly masochistic this evening and decided to social media stalk my ex. He has gotten married. I don't own any social media accounts for this reason. Just feel like I've been visually raped and numb right now and needed to tell someone. Although I ended things with him, I still feel bothered.

Anyone else regrettably spy on their former bf's/gf's/friends? Any tips to stop this behavior that leaves me feeling bothered every time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2015, 10:55 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
I am sorry you're going through this. It is a kick in the chest when a past love moves on. I delete, block (if needed) and move on.

I have no desire to check up on my ex. There is solace in not giving a damn.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I am sorry you're going through this. It is a kick in the chest when a past love moves on. I delete, block (if needed) and move on.

I have no desire to check up on my ex. There is solace in not giving a damn.
You're right. I didn't initially care to spy on him and closed the page several times. But something masochistic inside kept prodding. Why, why, why??

Old 05-29-2015, 11:01 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyScreenName View Post
Have you ever done it? Apparently I'm feeling particularly masochistic this evening and decided to social media stalk my ex. He has gotten married. I don't own any social media accounts for this reason. Just feel like I've been visually raped and numb right now and needed to tell someone. Although I ended things with him, I still feel bothered.

Anyone else regrettably spy on their former bf's/gf's/friends? Any tips to stop this behavior that leaves me feeling bothered every time?

How can you see what is on social media if you do not have any accounts on social media?

Old 05-29-2015, 11:02 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,812,537 times
I did that with an ex about 4 years ago, found out he was in a relationship, it stung like hell for like 2 days, but then I totally got over it. It was like peeling off a band aid, seeing him move on actually helped me do the same. He is now married to that girl, and he seems happy, I am happy for him as well.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
How can you see what is on social media if you do not have any accounts on social media?
His Twitter and Instagram are wide open to be seen. Don't need an account to view all the pics.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:07 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyScreenName View Post
You're right. I didn't initially care to spy on him and closed the page several times. But something masochistic inside kept prodding. Why, why, why??
The same reason people gawk at car crashes and all things grotesque. Like a wreck you can't turn away, you want to but can't.

Maybe try looking at other things to occupy your mind and time. A diversion.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I did that with an ex about 4 years ago, found out he was in a relationship, it stung like hell for like 2 days, but then I totally got over it. It was like peeling off a band aid, seeing him move on actually helped me do the same. He is now married to that girl, and he seems happy, I am happy for him as well.
YES! This is exactly what it's like. I feel even more sensitive because I've been trying to find a better guy since we broke up and am jaded and cynical. Thanks for sharing your story. Hopefully this will only last a short time too.

Old 05-29-2015, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The same reason people gawk at car crashes and all things grotesque. Like a wreck you can't turn away, you want to but can't.

Maybe try looking at other things to occupy your mind and time. A diversion.
Ha! That's very true. Diversion sounds good

Old 05-29-2015, 11:53 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times
I don't think I have ever gone looking for anything that I was not interested in....so no, never done it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships