Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 05:50 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Well, I had to quibble with that finding (and I'm resolutely childless and single). I think if you have a happy marriage and you have kids, and those kids do not have any debilitating problems, you are going to have a happier marriage. But if you have children who have significant illnesses or mental problems OR you already have a faltering marriage, having kids is only going to add to the strains on the relationship.

My friends who had happy and solid marriages and have children who do not have any serious problems have marriages that are clearly even happier after the arrival of the new additions. My friend who had two children with some severe health problems still has a pretty solid marriage, but two kids with life-altering issues really put a strain on things for a while because it's just wrenching. There's naturally an adjustment period at that point, and I think that's what makes or breaks the marriage.
Yeah - I would say that our children have actually brought us closer together and made us more in love with each other. It's tough - for sure - and I'm a lot more stressed and irritable than I used to be before we had kids - but we are a team and we are stronger for it. Plus, we love those little monsters with all our hearts and we love our little family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 05:54 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,526,383 times
Yes!!!!!!

He is someone who very much enjoys taking care of others, i enjoy being taking care of.

We are both straight feminists. We also have the same political views.

We have the same humor. Basically larry david humor (think curb your enthusiasm,seinfeld), and always found ourselves in larryesque moments and laugh about it.

None of us is a big spender, or a big drinker.

We are very sexually active and are all over eachother all the time.

Im more attractive than he is.

We never fight, but we do have honest conversations with eachother, and try to change if we are doing something that bothers the other.

Those from the top of my head. We really do have a great relationship.

Basically we laugh a lot, are very good friends, and enjoy a lot sex with eachother. That = happiness, imo.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:34 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,469,507 times
I completely agree with the article, and we have all of those traits (our children are with previous partners, and were close to being on their own when we met, so we are effectively childless). We have the happiest relationship of everyone we know.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:42 PM

318 posts, read 516,143 times
Bummer. Was hoping it would say a Cancer male with a Taurus female. Ah, there's always hope.

Old 07-15-2015, 06:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandHills View Post
Bummer. Was hoping it would say a Cancer male with a Taurus female. Ah, there's always hope.

That's what my husband and I are. Haha!

Old 07-15-2015, 06:51 PM

318 posts, read 516,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post

That's what my husband and I are. Haha!

.... Good on you both! It is said that this makes the best of all astrological signs matches. Have never had a Taurus girlfriend (yet) to be able to judge for myself.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:04 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,526,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandHills View Post
.... Good on you both! It is said that this makes the best of all astrological signs matches. Have never had a Taurus girlfriend (yet) to be able to judge for myself.

We are capricorn-capricorn and it works wonders . Only 4 days apart.

Old 07-15-2015, 10:35 PM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,496 times
Isn't this common sense. People don't stay in crappy relationships because we think we're doing it right. We settle because life sucks and everything doesn't work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships