Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 09:39 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I feel creeped out by people on OLD who use profile pics with their kids in them. I'm sorry, but it bothers me. I appreciate that a person's children are probably THE most important part of their lives, I'm a Mom and I get that. But if you're looking to date me, you're not looking to date my kids and vice versa. It will be a while before I introduce a date to my boys, if ever, and it completely depends on the dynamic of the relationship.

I can see if two people who have similar single parent situations with kids of similar ages were to get together early on (maybe not the FIRST date) and introduce the kids to one another, let them play together or something. I have good instincts, if I were dating someone and they had a teenager that I sensed would get along with mine, if my ex weren't around in the house, if they seemed a safe and friendly man, if if if...I could see very situationally bringing them all together in the same space.

The man I'm seeing now will probably never meet my kids. What we're doing is just not that kind of a thing. And I had no idea, on the first date, what kind of a thing with what kind of a person it was going to be one way or another. That's why I've got an issue with this woman's choices... OP, I don't blame ya for being annoyed and/or not wanting to see her again. She doesn't seem to get how to separate grown up time from family time...her getting "buzzed" and inviting you to stay the night only makes it worse.
Not to sound mean, but she probably did what she did knowing the deck was stacked against her. She probably found herself attracted enough to the OP, that she wanted to cement him in the situation. For her, he already met my kids and if I spread my legs for him, then the two hardest things are over on the first date. There's a lot of guys that get into insta relationships like that, which is usually how the man and the woman end up worse off in the end.

I feel for a woman that's in a position like the OP's date. Dating is undoubtedly going to be harder if she's seeking a quality partner. You need structure to get a good date, whether you're a single dad or single mom, and having cancelling babysitters just gets old to a person with or without kids. If I was a single parent, I wouldn't expect a woman to tolerate me long if my sitter kept cancelling and I had to keep moving around dates. Doesn't mean the woman doesn't like me any more or any less, but as a potential couple, it's getting harder to progress during a period that should be bliss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 10:05 AM

957 posts, read 1,059,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I have never, ever, had this happen. What type of single moms are you pursuing???!!!
She's an RN that works with my buddies wife. She pretty much set us up, I just went through with it. I typically don't date single moms, and I definitely was t expecting the kids to come. I was told about it 30-40 mins before our date.

Never again. Ha

Old 07-16-2015, 10:35 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,089,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
She's an RN that works with my buddies wife. She pretty much set us up, I just went through with it. I typically don't date single moms, and I definitely was t expecting the kids to come. I was told about it 30-40 mins before our date.

Never again. Ha
30-40 minutes before the date? And she did not apologize, offered to reschedule or said that something happened to the baby sitter? If none of these then I agree, she is very inconsiderate.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:25 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
30-40 minutes before the date? And she did not apologize, offered to reschedule or said that something happened to the baby sitter? If none of these then I agree, she is very inconsiderate.
But she was at least trying to make up for it by inviting him to spend the night. Look on the bright side of things.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:28 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Ridiculous..smh

Old 07-16-2015, 11:31 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,398,974 times
Hm, date with kids that starts sometimes after 9pm?

Yeah, that happened.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:32 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post

Yeah, that happened.

LOL. I didn't pick up on that.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:58 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
Well, I think a lot of people on this board don't have small kids. It is not that easy to get a decent baby sitter with which the kid will agree to stay. To do that, this baby sitter had to take crae of the kids regularly and that is very expensive. If her kids are in day care and also in some after school activities, chances are that she can not really afford regular baby sitters.

My 4 year old absolutely refuses to stay with someone he does not know well. And on top of private days care and other classes, my wife and I can not afford to regularly pay baby sitter to stay with our son.

But I agree, this woman should've warned you ahead of time that she could not get rid of the kids for your first date.
I never had an issue finding a sitter, and I used a sitter service, and many times on short notice. I also had backup sitters. My kids did fine with all of the sitters I used. I paid anywhere from $10-15 an hour.

*I* would have cancelled if my sitter cancelled. I couldn't imagine bringing my kids on a first date. No way.

Old 07-16-2015, 12:01 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:

Yeah, that happened.
Did the OP reference the time? I didn't see it. If that's the case then I think you're on to something lol

Old 07-16-2015, 01:23 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:

Yeah, that happened.
Are you on eastern time? He's in Colorado. During daylight savings time, C-D timestamps are accurate for me. His 8:51 eastern would be 6:51 Colorado time, entirely possible. I'm posting this at 3:23 PM eastern. Not sure what it says in other timezones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships