Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 08:42 PM

232 posts, read 251,179 times

Advertisements

You avoid them or just say "yes honey" if you are the type to avoid confrontation or annoyances. If they are rude and whiny for no reason....talk trash back. My husband just talks trash right back at me and for a minute I'm mad and then I just laugh and realize that if I can dish it out...I should be able to take it in return. That is probably what has made us able to get through 15 yrs of periods together. He doesn't tip toe on eggshells around me and I respect it :-). He doesn't bow to the red rage and I actually laugh when he talks trash back because I know how irrational some of my red rage is. I logically know that I can be irrational during this piece of crap curse that makes me feel like I got stabbed in the gut and I have internal damage. This insight has helped me deal with my response to things and have a sense of humor about it. You deal with it in the best way you can within your relationship dynamics. That's all I can think of from my personal perspective. Good luck to all you fellas that feel lost and alone and irritated during this time. I *know* how annoying it can be and I actually feel bad you have to deal with it :-).

Old 07-21-2015, 08:46 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,555,667 times
Don't let the chocolate stash run out...

Old 07-21-2015, 10:06 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times
Just smile and nod.
Pick a girl who can handle herself and knows how to apologize when her outbursts go too far if you are sensitive to this kind of thing.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:14 PM

47 posts, read 30,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It's called "foxhole time."

Seriously, though, don't try to blame her cycle for her actions. In this and your other posts, she just sounds like a typical immature 19-year-old girl to me.
maybe ,but we grow and we learn, im still a kid myself im only 21 which is why i come to you adults for assistance with life I trust you strangers and random commenters (advice wise ) , but I wanted to test and see what kinds of reactions would unfold ,and I am pleased.

and Testosterone issues only happen when provoked , plus idk we dont really think about it like that if a friend said he could break a glass table with his face ill say go for it and although it is stupid Its kinda fun breaking stuff dont know why but I like it. ( lol im not like you guys some of you probably own fast cars and are living the dream)

Last edited by Jep_Zero; 07-21-2015 at 10:27 PM..

Old 07-21-2015, 11:33 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Which makes it consistent and thus not an issue
Right, once a month is more consistent than 30 times a month.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:51 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,449,916 times
You have to imagine how unpleasant it is to certain women. Your gut hurts terribly, you're hungry, bloated, and have gooey blood flowing uncontrollably out from between your legs. That's not including any hormone related mood changes.

We didn't ask for it. No one likes it.

Best thing you can do is to maintain your steady course, don't ask questions, and do whatever she asks you to do, including going to the store at midnight to buy tampons and pain reliever.

Old 07-22-2015, 04:52 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,615 times
This is why men keep going "fishing" once a month or so...
Even if they previously had no interest in fishing before the relationship

Old 07-22-2015, 06:07 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
I just keep a darker towel under one of the bedside end tables, personally.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:35 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Men rarely blame our behavior on testosterone while some women do use PMS as an excuse.

I always remind my wife that PMS (as real as it is) is no excuse for getting snippy and that she should take ownership of her behavior. Its no different for any other time that I or my wife are in a bad mood for whatever reason. Its no excuse to take it out on the other person.

I sometimes get in a mood after a tough day at work. So I tell her to give me time and go out for a walk to decompress.

As long as your SO has to work on your behalf for your ill-behaviors, its not a good thing...
Being in a mood due to a tough day work is not even close to PMS. Granted it has been a good while and while I was on hormonal BC I rarely suffered PMS, but I still remember.
A bad day is stress and aggravation caused by external forces, PMS is hormonal changes within the body, fluctuating progesterone and estrogen levels which can change susceptibility to anxiety, depression an studies suggest seizures. On top of that it sometimes causes severe pain, migraines, diarrhea, bloating and cravings not to mention slothing off of uterine blood.

I think when people stop blaming every bad day, bit of frustration, assertiveness, sadness, and disagreement a woman has with "oh it must be her time of the month" women can stop using the actual "time of the month" as an excuse for being snippy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I just keep a darker towel under one of the bedside end tables, personally.
There ya go. Again remembering, sex was a great cure for PMS! At least for a little while, so do it a lot.

Old 07-22-2015, 09:59 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,046 times
If she's on her period, chances are she's physically not feeling her best. Try just being nice to her till it passes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships