Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 09:18 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,611,830 times

Advertisements

Two years ago is a long time ago, in the dating world.
You and he have both had different things occur and things change...
It's 'just' a date... go out, have fun, and I hope you enjoy yourself...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 09:22 AM

4,213 posts, read 4,737,906 times
Well he's been texting me this morning. Not getting 'the best' feeling...

When he text me our old 'text history' showed up from 2013 attached to his new text from today. I guess because I never delete text messages?

I'm reading back through that trail right now and it seemed kinda....uh...I don't know. We'll see how this ends up.

Last edited by southkakkatlantan; 07-22-2015 at 09:40 AM..

Old 07-22-2015, 10:27 AM

248 posts, read 342,662 times
Years ago, like more than 15! Never went on a date with the "first guy", but we did communicate back and forth a few times before the conversation petered out. Can't remember why, maybe no reason.

Sometime later, started dating "another guy", I met from another site. Didn't make the connection until some years later, when my, now husband, was going through old pictures and I recognized one as "the first guy" who I'd emailed with, but never met. I've long since lost access to those old emails, but I did go back and check at the time. Yep, same guy, he had been using a picture that looked really nothing like him, in real life, or later pictures. Very handsome man in real life and both pictures, just a weird picture.

Yep, met my husband twice through online dating, probably six months apart. The second time "took", we've been together for 15 years and married for 10.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:39 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,807,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
I got a message from a man online and after viewing his profile he seemed very interesting. After a few moments of looking at his pics though, I got this feeling that he just seemed to look so familiar.

I kept going through his pics and determined I had met him before. We went on a date about 2 years ago actually. So I told him this...that I was pretty sure we'd met and he didn't think it was true. But after about a dozen exchanges, me asking him a few questions, and then me remembering/telling him the name of the place we met up at, he remembered. He asked if I would consider going out with him again and I told him I wasn't sure...that I remembered he seemed friendly, etc. during that one date but that neither of us spoke to each other again after the date was over so I assumed he wasn't interested.

Anyone had this happen to them before?
Yup happened to me, had a date with a guy, he was nice but not for me. About two years later he emailed me again on the site, and I told him we'd met before, he replied with "are you sure"? I said yes. He then said "well I guess it wasn't a match then" and that was it. My pics were mostly the same, so it was weird that he didn't remember, unless he did and was hoping I didn't and would give him another chance...who knows?

Old 07-23-2015, 03:33 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,055,618 times
No.
I remember every single girl I have ever dated in my entire lifespan. I would remember someone from high school, I would remember someone from college, I would remember someone I worked with a decade ago when I was just a Kelly Temp.

A joyful reunion, a curious coincidence, a delightful incongruity - would all be well received, even in an online match. But if you didn't remember me - I'd be so angry I couldn't help myself from flinging a string of curses at you.

Old 07-23-2015, 03:37 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
She was demanding about when we'd go out next. She was needing constant communication: all day long. She wanted to be exclusive right away.
Read: bad at oral LOL

Old 07-23-2015, 03:40 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
I may...there's just a part of me that thinks 'why go out again if we never even spoke after that one date?'

I found it hilarious that he was sure at first we'd never met, as he claimed he would 'definitely' have remembered me. Apparently not lol. I've lost a little weight since then but other than that I obviously look the same.
He's probably doing a couple of these...

Old 07-23-2015, 03:40 AM

2,135 posts, read 5,487,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post
No.
I remember every single girl I have ever dated in my entire lifespan. I would remember someone from high school, I would remember someone from college, I would remember someone I worked with a decade ago when I was just a Kelly Temp.

A joyful reunion, a curious coincidence, a delightful incongruity - would all be well received, even in an online match. But if you didn't remember me - I'd be so angry I couldn't help myself from flinging a string of curses at you.
You must not be a drinker, nor have a long dating history. I actively dated for 10-15 years, including a couple clunkers, no way I remember everyone. If we went on a couple dates, totally, but every single first date? Not a chance in hell.

Old 07-23-2015, 04:26 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,678,870 times
Yes. Repeat offenders happen! ROFLMAO

I remember enough to remind them of a few choice details...then, they usually slink away. Too funny.

The decent ones don't tend to be "repeat offenders" though. They aren't usually out for the ONS situations.

Old 07-23-2015, 06:11 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,055,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
You must not be a drinker, nor have a long dating history. I actively dated for 10-15 years, including a couple clunkers, no way I remember everyone. If we went on a couple dates, totally, but every single first date? Not a chance in hell.
I kinda like the idea of not being classified a drinker I know in the long run, alcohol shrinks your brain volume.

George Michael sang it, but I felt like I wrote it:

My memory
Serves me far too well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_A1JiXaN2Y
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships