Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2015, 01:57 PM

745 posts, read 795,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewme18 View Post
Nope, you should wait as long as possible to weed out the douche bags, which these days is most of them sadly.
You arent weeding out anyone. If they are d-bags, they are d-bags, the only difference is you arent sleeping with them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 02:00 PM

321 posts, read 290,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Holding back does not mean game playing, and there are plenty of adults who are not interested in sleeping with everyone who catches their eye, but believe sex is something that should be shared between two people who are actually in a relationship, and three dates does not constitute a relationship. And because of the actions of so many d-bag men out there who use women for sex, hell YES women protect themselves! Your attitude is no different than those men.

Well no one of any caliber is going to enter a relationship before having sex with the other person. Not being compatible in bed is very common and it would instantly be the end of things. Smart people, and quality people, do not enter into relationships without having a good idea if there is the potential for it to work.

And yes, my attitude is different, because it isn't using someone for sex, it is about trying to make a connection and have a relationship with someone, which is the opposite of using them.

Old 07-28-2015, 06:06 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,020,164 times
Oh, I see - smart, quality people of a high calibre jump into bed first and then decide if that person is worth having a relationship with, based on their performance!

You'll be telling us next that you rate their performance out of 10!

Old 07-28-2015, 06:26 PM

356 posts, read 363,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkneebone View Post
i just started seeing this wonderful guy a week ago we chatted online for alittle while before we actually met in person.I didnt have sex with him the first night but we both wanted to we were attracted right away. He is a perfect gentlemen opens the car door for me treats me with respect he is fun to be around we laughi just really like him a lot. So my question here is was it wrong to sleep with him on the second date, oh he is 53 i am 45 we are 2 consenting adults. whats your opinion on this?
Both of you know what you want!

Old 07-28-2015, 06:50 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,192,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Oh, I see - smart, quality people of a high calibre jump into bed first and then decide if that person is worth having a relationship with, based on their performance!

You'll be telling us next that you rate their performance out of 10!

You know??? That's how it is though I swear! It's lets sc-rew first, then worry about that whole 'is this a decent person to be involved with' thing later. I swear it's like watching the mating rituals of wild beasts. They just hop on....bada bing...hop off.... and that's the extent of it.

Madness.

Old 07-28-2015, 07:14 PM

403 posts, read 593,957 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw1ncADC9KM

LOL this thread reminded me of this video. But of course, most douche bags do NOT look like this, they come in all shapes, sizes, and spray tan settings!!

Old 07-28-2015, 07:31 PM

403 posts, read 593,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanHalen5150 View Post
You arent weeding out anyone. If they are d-bags, they are d-bags, the only difference is you arent sleeping with them
Yes you are weeding which guys just want to use you for sex. I wouldn't want to find out that a guy is a douche AFTER sleeping with him. Haha ewww, no thanks!!

Old 07-28-2015, 09:50 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,391,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewme18 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hw1ncADC9KM

LOL this thread reminded me of this video. But of course, most douche bags do NOT look like this, they come in all shapes, sizes, and spray tan settings!!

He looks more Jersey Shore than Douche Canoe

Old 07-28-2015, 11:04 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,405,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustelid1971 View Post
Well no one of any caliber is going to enter a relationship before having sex with the other person. Not being compatible in bed is very common and it would instantly be the end of things. Smart people, and quality people, do not enter into relationships without having a good idea if there is the potential for it to work.

And yes, my attitude is different, because it isn't using someone for sex, it is about trying to make a connection and have a relationship with someone, which is the opposite of using them.
That's fine if that's your opinion, but you are very, very wrong. Yes, you are using a woman for sex, because if her "performance" doesn't meet your level of expectation, then you just abandon her and any possible relationship. That is a horrible thing to do to a person. I'm not going to try to appeal to your sense of decency, I am just flat out telling you that's a terrible thing to do to someone.

Connected sex, which is a truly beautiful thing, comes after a connection is made, after trust, respect, and mutual interest has been established. What you don't understand is that many women need that before they can make a sexual connection with someone, so you are setting so many women up to fail with your "dating" standard. If I met you and you told me your rule, I would run far, far, far away from you and tell all my female friends to beware as well.

You may be telling yourself you're trying to make a connection with someone, but you're not. You're taking them for a test drive and their feelings be damned.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:35 PM

170 posts, read 187,220 times
Its kinda of a rule to have sex by the 2nd date, didn't you know ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships