Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 11:33 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times

Advertisements

I am currently single, but I'm with you, no effing way.. I wouldn't even want a relationship where I feel the need to hide/snoop, exchange passwords, etc... I don't wanna be 'that chic' whose man has to lock his phone, nor the chic who can't be trusted around an unlocked phone.. Just respect my privacy and I'll respect yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 11:33 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,678,870 times
More the point of the other person being willing to share the texts etc. Not necessarily what they all say in them. If the peron is not willing to share, then they are hiding something.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:36 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
I have nothing to really hide for anyone but people who I do not know well enough to place trust in.

I would be more concerned with the persons need to look as it would signal a huge lack of trust where their is absoulty no reason to be one

My wife and I have no "policy" as none is needed.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:37 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
I wouldn't have wanted my partner to see the texts in which his best friend from home and I were discussing his surprise trip over for my SO's birthday, or when my friend confided in me (via email) some marital problems she and her husband were having. Not all privacy is for nefarious reasons.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:38 AM

765 posts, read 986,300 times
I never really paid attention to this while dating ( and still dating)
I never did have a problem with phone privacy I never ask people for their phone thou what they do is their business
If its excessive invasion thou that can be a problem
I do not need someone reading my text messages or Facebook messages each and every second
Snooping is not cool thou if you have the need to check someones electronics constantly you are better off finding someone else you can trust or just stay single and work on your trust issues.
I personally do not like controlling woman

Last edited by Mr.Professional; 07-22-2015 at 11:49 AM..

Old 07-22-2015, 11:39 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,611,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
For those of you in a committed relationship, married, long term BG/GF, whatever; what your policy on your cell phone? I heard some lady the other day talk about how she wanted to see her partner's cell phone, I thought to myself "there is no effing way." What are your thoughts?
I'm married and my wife knows all my passwords to all the password required sites I visit, has the ability to look at my email, phone messages, etc.

I don't do anything or say anything to anyone that I wouldn't say to her, as I respect her, and would not do or say anything that would upset her. I don't hide anything from her, as that just creates doubt or suspecions that aren't warrented.

When I need to do something (order a gift online, etc) that is to surprise her, I can still do it the old fashioned way - call the place I'm ordering from and place my order.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:39 AM

70 posts, read 57,350 times
I'm with those who say, no effing way. Just because you don't have anything to hide is not a justification for someone else to violate your privacy. Those who think that those with nothing to hide should happily turn their phones over to their partners, do you also think that you should happily turn over all of your phone and computer records over to the government? I mean, if you're not a criminal, then no harm, no foul, right?

If you need to see someone's phone to know that you can trust them, then you already have your answer and there is no need to see the phone.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:44 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaLeeza View Post
I'm with those who say, no effing way. Just because you don't have anything to hide is not a justification for someone else to violate your privacy. Those who think that those with nothing to hide should happily turn their phones over to their partners, do you also think that you should happily turn over all of your phone and computer records over to the government? I mean, if you're not a criminal, then no harm, no foul, right?

If you need to see someone's phone to know that you can trust them, then you already have your answer and there is no need to see the phone.
I agree. Once a couple agrees on their limits of privacy in a relationship, then they should be respectful of that privacy and not be asking to invade it. To the degree phone privacy exists will differ from one couple to the next too. As long as they are on the same page with it, and continue to respect those boundaries, it is good.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:46 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Nope, we don't snoop. Besides, anyone with something to hide and a nosy SO would likely have the foresight to cover their tracks, anyway.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:46 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,877,553 times
My SO wouldn't have free access to my phone just like he wouldn't have access to my mail, business files, calls from my mother or the minutes of what I do when out with friends. However, since I wouldn't have anything to hide (other than, perhaps, a plan for a surprise party) I wouldn't have any problems with him seeing what's on it. Demanding or needing to see what's on it? That I would have a problem with because it's suspicious, controlling behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships