Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 11:52 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times

Advertisements

My rule, no one touches my phone except the owner, me. If you gain unauthorized access to my phone, consider yourself dumped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 11:53 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
For the record, neither my husband nor I have ever demanded to see each other's phone, read each other's texts or emails or anything of that sort. He's free to look at my phone or emails or texts if he wants but he really doesn't care to and vice versa. But we will have each other read some texts or emails sometimes because we want the other person to see it. We trust each other so this has never been an issue.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:56 AM

765 posts, read 986,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
My rule, no one touches my phone except the owner, me. If you gain unauthorized access to my phone, consider yourself dumped.
I saw a girl one time trying to snoop in my phone excessively and personally it hurts to see when people have trust issues.
the phone can only be unlocked with a finger print thou so no way she got in
We were barely dating she totally acted like if were we married or in a relationship
yea I never saw that person again

Old 07-22-2015, 11:58 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaLeeza View Post
I'm with those who say, no effing way. Just because you don't have anything to hide is not a justification for someone else to violate your privacy. Those who think that those with nothing to hide should happily turn their phones over to their partners, do you also think that you should happily turn over all of your phone and computer records over to the government? I mean, if you're not a criminal, then no harm, no foul, right?

If you need to see someone's phone to know that you can trust them, then you already have your answer and there is no need to see the phone.
My partner is not a nebulous untrustworthy entity.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:00 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaFace View Post
For those of you in a committed relationship, married, long term BG/GF, whatever; what your policy on your cell phone? I heard some lady the other day talk about how she wanted to see her partner's cell phone, I thought to myself "there is no effing way." What are your thoughts?
I don't have a "policy." My husband and I are on a joint plan, and are just as likely to pick up one another's cell phone and use it is we are our own.

I'm not especially private, nor do I consider my phone to be a bastion of personal privacy. It's a tool I use to talk to people. I can't think of any reason I'd have a problem with somebody picking up and using my cell. There's nothing I consider private on it, whatsoever.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:09 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,326,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
It's not a big deal to us. We know each other's passwords and sometimes we ask each other to check our email or texts or whatever if we have our hands full or something. He's free to check my email or texts or anything he wants to and vice versa. We don't because we trust each other but it's not a big deal to us. Every couple is different and every couple should do what they feel comfortable with.
This. You should know each other's passwords. Also, we check each other's phone if the other is driving, etc. I don't ever check my wife's phone, but I could if I wanted to. You shouldn't have anything to hide from your significant other. If you do, consider ending the relationship.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:17 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,034,747 times
Again, I think there is a big difference between something "to hide" and something that is not the other person's business and someone else has confided in me and me only, not me and him. Though actually, I was actively hiding my SO's birthday surprise from him.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:18 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaLeeza View Post
I'm with those who say, no effing way. Just because you don't have anything to hide is not a justification for someone else to violate your privacy. Those who think that those with nothing to hide should happily turn their phones over to their partners, do you also think that you should happily turn over all of your phone and computer records over to the government? I mean, if you're not a criminal, then no harm, no foul, right?.
Surprise! The gov't already has access to your phone and computer records. Stalinism is alive and well.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:36 PM

2,306 posts, read 1,702,086 times
It never occurred to me to look at my S.O.'s cell phone... unless I am specifically shown something like a picture. And I don't ask unless I am told, "hey I got this great picture on my phone."

I do think it's a good idea for married people to know each other's passwords though... when my dad died, my mom didn't know all of his. Luckily, dad wrote them down and had them in a desk drawer. Made life a lot easier as far as accessing online accounts and such. Even if you are single, you might want to write down passwords for important things your relatives might need or want access to (like picture storing websites) and put them in a safe place with your will.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:49 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,698,021 times
We share our phones. Except in case that this "third party" has some security issues. Phones are on the table and both can pick the calls freely from any phone. Text message history etc is available same as emails. No secrets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships