Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 06:23 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Full disclosure at all times, including access to cell phones.

It allows one or both parties involved, if there is any cheating to be able to make an objective decision based on facts and evidence to leave the relationship. Which I way better than living with the facade of a lie.

If or when I'm intimate with a woman that is cheating, it is only when she is cheating on the guy she is in a primary relationship with. I actually don't have a problem with women cheating. But when they do, it is NOT going to be while living at my house, going on vacations that I pay for, using me as a source of emotional energy and making me think that Im the only one.

If there is anything on a cell phone that needs to be a secret. . . .its like, cool. I respect your privacy. Now get out and master the art of keeping your double life a secret with some other guy.

Sky-0

Ha, damn right......
That goes both ways, too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 06:47 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
A good example of why people need to stay out of each other's technology:

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...nications.html

Yes, yes, commence all the self-righteous commentary along the lines of "when I break up with someone, I have no reason to hang on to anything so I delete it all." Read the thread. Apparently the GF forgot the pictures were even on the server, but he just "tripped over" them.

And no, I don't have anything hanging around from my ex, myself, but I do have a locked journal that I keep online and I'm too lazy to log out every time I go there to write or to read my friend's journals. Someone I'm dating doesn't need to read that, or my friends' journals, either, so the whole computer would be password protected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
Full disclosure at all times, including access to cell phones.

It allows one or both parties involved, if there is any cheating to be able to make an objective decision based on facts and evidence to leave the relationship.
So ridiculous. If someone is having a full-blown affair, he or she will have a burner phone that you won't even know about.

Last edited by Lilac110; 07-26-2015 at 07:02 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 07-26-2015, 06:50 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
^^^ I'm sure the sleazebags will be taking note of your tips.....

Old 07-26-2015, 06:51 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
A good example of why people need to stay out of each other's technology:

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...nications.html

So ridiculous. If someone is having a full-blown affair, he or she will have a burner phone that you won't even know about.
Or you could just use something like Google Voice or something along those lines.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:53 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,231,243 times
Seriously, I would not be wasting my time with someone if I had that level of distrust in them.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:56 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,065,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Seriously, I would not be wasting my time with someone if I had that level of distrust in them.
Exactly. Funny thing is that the people who are the most mistrusting usually are the ones with things to hide, especially when it comes to cell phones.

And I do speak from experience.

Old 07-26-2015, 06:59 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
And I'm sure those who lack the common sense, life experience, or intellectual capacity to think of these things and are easily threatened by someone who points out how they could be one step behind will try to make petty little digs.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:03 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Bottom line.

If distrust is this big of an issue, there are one of two issues at hand, possibly both:
A. You're with a scumbag and shouldn't be with somebody so untrustworthy, or
B. You have crippling trust issues that you'd be better served to work on before pursuing a serious relationship, anyway.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:14 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Lilac has a lot of relationship experience and as someone who does expansive business ventures with confidentiality laws has wise privacy advice that anyone would take well to heed to who is in the same situation.

You don't have to be a sleazebag to believe that you have a right to privacy. After having an extremely nosy mother whose roof I lived under for 22 years, I'm not going to surrender my private business to anyone willingly.

Old 07-26-2015, 07:17 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
I believe, in transparency once I'm in a committed relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships