Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 11:16 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,816,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post

In some ways, I can definitely see how being long-term single and living completely on my own for 4 years has changed my perspective on things. Three years ago I met a really awesome woman for me, but I was so stubborn to live on my own and buy a house on my own that I sabotaged the relationship. Fast forward 2.5 years after the breakup and I have no house and no desire to buy one anytime soon. It's funny how our perceptions can turn almost on a dime.
Very true!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 11:24 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,816,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
There isn't a single, solitary thing about becoming a parent, whether it's giving birth to biological children,undergoing assistive medical procedures in order to do so, dealing with surrogacy, fostering, or adopting, that's NOT pretty expensive.
Ain't that the truth? No matter which way you slice it, being a parent is an expensive undertaking.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:28 AM

6,510 posts, read 8,419,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
So lately I've been thinking of applying to law school, I've taken a couple of the LSAT practice tests and have scored in the high 160's, which should be enough to het me into a decent law school. However I am 33 years old and single with no kids, I have a well paying job that I really don't enjoy anymore in a field that no matter how much I try to like I just don't. I know it will be a daunting task working full time and going to law school part time, but I really haven't enjoyed what I've been doing for a living and can't imagine doing it for the rest of my life.

I spoke to my dad about this today and he said its a bad idea, he said I should be concentrating on getting married and starting a family rather than go back to school. Now my dad is 75 years old so he has a very old school way of thinking, but throughout my life he's always been very encouraging and sportive of my education. So obviously that he said this to me was pretty disappointing, I feel like I can pursue an education for a second career and still get married and have a family, but he's still my dad and I feel like maybe he has a point?

Anyway was just looking for some advice and to see if anybody else has been in a similar situation.
Families are expensive. I do understand where your dad is coming from, but if you're not happy with your current situation then apply to law school. He does have a point, but I think your mind is already made up on this oen.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:31 AM

52,006 posts, read 52,457,444 times
While I'm high up on the education side of things I'd almost have to second guess someone going to law school in their 30's.... the cost.... do you really want to spend that kind of money.... is it really really worth it to you.... does it matter that much... is it a status thing or do you truly want to help the oppressed and down trodden... otherwise it could just be construed as a money grab.....not sayin, just sayin.....

I'm mid 40's and have a completely different view of work and what work means....... I view work as simply a means to an end... I used to put all that **** into work and what it means and put my value on it.;... F that.... it's just a job, doesn't define us, or anything like that.... no one gives a rip that you were fill in the blank here.... it's just a paycheck and for those that say otherwise, fine.... have at it.......no one really cares that you had the corner office or whatever.... LOL....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships