Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2015, 11:26 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post

I have a couple friends that either work or worked for this firm based out of texas. They specifically exist for this reason

Fathers Rights Lawyers & Divorce Attorneys | Cordell & Cordell

Cordell & Cordell is a nationwide domestic litigation firm focused on men’s divorce and all other family law practice areas.

Men have chosen Cordell & Cordell because of our dedication to leveling the playing field for men in family law cases.

You know that these guys are widely considered to be outright crooks, right? Not exactly who I'd be pimping if you value your credibility, just saying...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 12:02 PM

576 posts, read 823,913 times
Everyone situation is different. There are some men who say they are unhappy, but only want a "bit" on the side. They will tell you anything to get into your pants. There are some men who really are unhappy but stay out of responsibility and guilt. They feel their wife wouldnt cope without them and sometimes the wife has used emotional blackmail to keep them by saying they will kill themselves if he leaves. Some men stay because leaving a marriage would mean they would be leaving their assets too. Some stay for the children, which is ridiculous if he is really unhappy.

it all boils down to the cheater themself and his/her own personal issues. No one ever forces a cheater to cheat, this is a decision that the cheater makes despite having many other options available to them (i.e. counseling, divorce, etc.) Any "reasons" that the cheater may give are only given as justification for their behavior; very rarely will a cheater admit that the behavior itself is wrong and that the cheater needs to work on him/her self in order to stop the behavior. Instead, the cheater will blame an outside situation in order to avoid trying to fix themselves: oh, it's not ME that's the problem, it's my nagging wife, or lack of marital sex, or the fact that my partner let herself go, or I found someone who excites me more than my wife, etc.

Ultimately though, no matter what the outside situation may be, it is the cheater who is the problem. The behavior itself will never entirely go away until the cheater recognizes that they themselves are the problem and he/she does the work that it takes to fix themself. If they don't, there is always a risk that the behavior will come back, even if the cheater finds him/her self in a "happier" situation and things seem wonderful with their newfound love. Life is unpredictable, there will be many ups and downs no matter who a person is with; if a person has conditioned themselves to respond to the "downs" by cheating, no potential relationship will ever be completely safe from infidelity.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:47 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post

You know that these guys are widely considered to be outright crooks, right? Not exactly who I'd be pimping if you value your credibility, just saying...
Lol... YOu really do seem to like marginalize just about any post that doesn't sit well with your views and perceptions? They say that about all lawyers (and firms that are large or perhaps the ex-wives who thought they could get more.). I have personal friends who work there (one is a woman ) ... they seem content with what they are able to achieve. They do say it is emotionally draining at times.

One person's crook is another person's champion.

They didn't become one of the largest law firms in the nation for being crooks....

Regardless of what you think... they exist for a specific reason.

If you set out to look for the devil in anyone.. you will see the devil in EVERYONE.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:53 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Quote:
Lol... YOu really do seem to like marginalize just about any post that doesn't sit well with your views and perceptions?[/u]
Whereas, you appear to be all about wholeheartedly embracing and endorsing alternate viewpoints.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Whereas, you appear to be all about wholeheartedly embracing and endorsing alternate viewpoints.
What viewpoint in this particular case is "alternate" to yours? NONE. Heck I wasn't even responding to you.

In fact, I stated that making general statements about the "winners and losers" in a divorce situation is utterless useless because there are too many variables. I have seen both sides.... Its not guaranteed the wife nor husband will always come out ahead.

However... divorce laws are outdated. The existence of this firm speaks to that fact... whether or not you have determined them to be crooks or legit is irrelevant.

I endorse different viewpoints than yours... however rather than endorsing your own, you are pretty good about crapping on others.

Old 07-24-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
Great post. If you ask me, someone who puts up with being a "side piece" deserves what they get, I mean what did they expect? If they cheat with you, they'll cheat on you. It's just the way it goes.
Maybe the "side piece" is ok with that.... maybe there are also married. Which would mean that neither side has an incentive to divorce. From whatever needs are not being met within their own marriage... they found it in each other. Just speculating though... I actually don't know anyone in such a situation.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:20 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,498,430 times
Quote:
Maybe the "side piece" is ok with that.... maybe there are also married. Which would mean that neither side has an incentive to divorce. From whatever needs are not being met within their own marriage... they found it in each other. Just speculating though... I actually don't know anyone in such a situation.
True!

Old 07-25-2015, 06:35 AM

745 posts, read 801,042 times
They stay married because the "cost" to them of divorce is so cripplingly high...

Old 07-25-2015, 10:25 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessie425 View Post
I know the reason is probably finances, kids, etc...but I know this one guy who always cheats on his wife, and claims he's "not going anywhere" when I ask him why he stays with her (he often tells me about different girls he talks to). Why cheat and stay and be miserable? Or could it be he is really happily married and just needs some on the side? I am debating cutting off our friendship because I just don't want to hear about this anymore. I feel bad for his wife. Oddly enough, when he speaks of her, it doesn't sound like they are in a bad situation, but who know?

I will never understand this. Any ideas? Just curious what others think...does he love his wife if he does this?
Well my brother is in a similar situation, he is married but his wife is not fulfilling all of his needs so he has a girlsfriend on the side. He is not necessarily happily or unhappily married, he is just married and has a somewhat stable life and home but he sees no reason to end the marriage at least for now.

Old 07-25-2015, 10:31 AM

5,407 posts, read 3,600,460 times
I was unhappily married, I stuck it for 12 years, didn't cheat, and finally got out when I couldn't take it any more, best thing I ever did, leaving I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships