Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2015, 10:33 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times

Advertisements

Ever heard of, cheaper to keep her? Men get destroyeed in divorce. With that said, i dont condone cheating at all, it is not gender specific to me. A cheater is a cheater, i dont care how they rationalize their crappy behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 10:49 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
I was unhappily married, I stuck it for 12 years, didn't cheat, and finally got out when I couldn't take it any more, best thing I ever did, leaving I mean.
You are actually Man unlike some people.
Grandfather was man who got divorced and took care of his children.
People on here are trying justify cheating when there is none.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:31 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,494,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Well my brother is in a similar situation, he is married but his wife is not fulfilling all of his needs so he has a girlsfriend on the side. He is not necessarily happily or unhappily married, he is just married and has a somewhat stable life and home but he sees no reason to end the marriage at least for now.
Right. The instant that last kid is out the door, the kids will probably get a declaration of their divorce in all caps on Facebook or something of that sort.

The typical "Why doesn't my cheating hubby love me anymore?" call on Dr Laura when she was still on radio went something like this:

Caller: Doc, my hubby is distant and cheating! How dare he!!!
Doc: Why do you think that is?
Caller: Well, I hate that he's gone all day because I want to stay home with the kids and he's our only income and he works six days a week at a job he hates, but we need him to do it....so I nag on him all night long when he gets home....
Doc: So, he he liked you when you were the horny girlfriend like when you first met?
Caller: Yes.
Doc: So, he is seeing a women that reminds him of that horny girlfriend he once loved?
Doc: I see we figured this out. You've got work to do! Be that horny girlfriend again! Call me back and let me know how this works out. :Click:

Once in awhile, I'd get to hear an update that pretty much said that Doc's prescription cured everything. So difficult, indeed.

Old 07-25-2015, 02:12 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
Well my brother is in a similar situation, he is married but his wife is not fulfilling all of his needs so he has a girlsfriend on the side. He is not necessarily happily or unhappily married, he is just married and has a somewhat stable life and home but he sees no reason to end the marriage at least for now.
I know a couple who have a similar arrangement, and it really came down they like each other as people, but they're just not in love anymore. They want to keep the finances and home life stable for their kids until they are grown, at which point they will go their separate ways. Certainly not the worst scenario I can envision.

Old 07-25-2015, 02:12 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,627,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Right. The instant that last kid is out the door, the kids will probably get a declaration of their divorce in all caps on Facebook or something of that sort.

The typical "Why doesn't my cheating hubby love me anymore?" call on Dr Laura when she was still on radio went something like this:

Caller: Well, I hate that he's gone all day because I want to stay home with the kids and he's our only income and he works six days a week at a job he hates, but we need him to do it....so I nag on him all night long when he gets home....
Doc: So, he he liked you when you were the horny girlfriend like when you first met?
Doc: So, he is seeing a women that reminds him of that horny girlfriend he once loved?
Doc: I see we figured this out. You've got work to do! Be that horny girlfriend again! Call me back and let me know how this works out. :Click:

Once in awhile, I'd get to hear an update that pretty much said that Doc's prescription cured everything. So difficult, indeed.
It sucks when you are not getting any action at home.

Old 07-25-2015, 02:18 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post

Once in awhile, I'd get to hear an update that pretty much said that Doc's prescription cured everything. So difficult, indeed
A lot of women have a hard time slipping out of "Mommy Mode" at the end of the day, but yeah, sometimes it really is as simple as being the girlfriend she used to be, not someone who looks like she's been chewed up and spit out by small children. Same goes for the men: don't just look at her like the person who cooks dinner and washes your underwear.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:33 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
You are actually Man unlike some people.
Grandfather was man who got divorced and took care of his children.
People on here are trying justify cheating when there is none.
And hopefully the ex-wife was woman enough to let him go in peace.. rather than use the divorce to penalize him. Unfortunately, I have yet to see one case of it... they have turned fairly ugly.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
And hopefully the ex-wife was woman enough to let him go in peace.. rather than use the divorce to penalize him. Unfortunately, I have yet to see one case of it... they have turned fairly ugly.
People turn nasty into divorce.
People use their poor children as weapons.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:46 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
People turn nasty into divorce.
People use their poor children as weapons.
Yup.. see it first hand and I hear it all the time from my friend who works for a law firm specifically representing men.

As I said earlier. The reality is that a father/husband who seeks a divorce must also accept that they will most likely cease to be a daily part of their children's lives.... They will no longer be living with their children. This is quite often more painful than the divorce (alimony aside).

So when someone says "Man up" get a divorce to a married father is simply ignoring that there are other factors involve. Too many variables to weigh. It is an oversimplification of the situation.

This doesn't mean that divorce is not the best choice. This doesn't mean that cheating is justified. It simply means that calling for a divorce (which is usually the case here in CD forums) with such limited scope in the situation is short sighted advice.

So to get back to your comment.....

When someone says "man up" get a divorce. They are ignoring the fact that both parties played a role in teh ultimate demise of the marriage. They are ignoring that both parties are in fact responsible for making the divorce as easy as possible. Yes cheating is not justified. However, cheating is the symptom of something underlying wrong with the marriage... both parties are responsible for that underlying problem.

But usually ... the blame is placed squarely on the husband. No one ever said that the Woman should "woman up" and let him go....

Old 07-25-2015, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Yup.. see it first hand and I hear it all the time from my friend who works for a law firm specifically representing men.

As I said earlier. The reality is that a father/husband who seeks a divorce must also accept that they will most likely cease to be a daily part of their children's lives.... They will no longer be living with their children. This is quite often more painful than the divorce (alimony aside).

So when someone says "Man up" get a divorce to a married father is simply ignoring that there are other factors involve. Too many variables to weigh. It is an oversimplification of the situation.

This doesn't mean that divorce is not the best choice. This doesn't mean that cheating is justified. It simply means that calling for a divorce (which is usually the case here in CD forums) with such limited scope in the situation is short sighted advice.

So to get back to your comment.....

When someone says "man up" get a divorce. They are ignoring the fact that both parties played a role in teh ultimate demise of the marriage. They are ignoring that both parties are in fact responsible for making the divorce as easy as possible. Yes cheating is not justified. However, cheating is the symptom of something underlying wrong with the marriage... both parties are responsible for that underlying problem.

But usually ... the blame is placed squarely on the husband. No one ever said that the Woman should "woman up" and let him go.
You feel unhappy in your relationship then you tell the person your feelings instead of cheating and lying. People seem blame women for filling the divorce papers and call them gold diggers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships