Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 11:08 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times

Advertisements

Sounds like a cake eating selfish person. You should cut off contact with this dude, Nothing good is going to result from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 11:08 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,848,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
Some men are smart like a fox. Many still love their wives but arent being fulfilled in other ways. When they can have cake and eat it to why get divorced. They know darn good and well if they were single someone would pressure them for marriage and thats not what their wanting.
Some people are just plain selfish.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:10 AM

765 posts, read 986,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessie425 View Post
yes the wife doesn't work, only him. I get the impression money is tight too. He doesn't make six figures or anything.
Stay at home moms and dads are at a disadvantage in this case
Its not so easy walking away from a marriage when you have no skills to support yourself. Even then re entering the work force people will start at low pay

Old 07-23-2015, 11:13 AM

237 posts, read 787,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
Its not so easy walking away from a marriage when you have no skills to support your yourself. Even then re entering the work force people will start at low pay
I mean, I don't know if SHE wants to walk away, I don't know anything about her...

Old 07-23-2015, 11:16 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
Its not so easy walking away from a marriage when you have no skills to support yourself. Even then re entering the work force people will start at low pay
That's assuming the spouse is even aware of the infidelities.

The OP's question was why the cheater stays, not why the person being cheated on stays.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:17 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,510,259 times
Your friend's wife has probably created a home in which he's comfortable, and he doesn't want to leave his cushy nest and the kids.

Aren't some people prone to being 'serial cheaters'? I feel sorry for his wife.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:19 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
They get something out of having a spouse/long-term partner, get something out of having a piece on the side, and are unwilling to relinquish either if they don't have to.
I think this pretty much explains everything.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:26 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,798 times
The answer to your question is....because they can. There is no complicated explanation for this

Old 07-23-2015, 11:31 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,004,194 times
My first love got married and is miserable. He contacted me several years later and wanted to meet up. I asked him why he didn't leave her and he said it would kill his mother.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:38 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
My first love got married and is miserable. He contacted me several years later and wanted to meet up. I asked him why he didn't leave her and he said it would kill his mother.
Hah, seems likely.

When I was in between my previous relationship and meeting my now-husband, I was randomly contacted (thanks, facebook!) by a guy I'd dated when I was college age. After the usual "Hey, how's it going?" catching up, he got very, "Hey, next time you're in the area, let's meet up." THEN, it came out that he's married, and he went off on this "I'm so unhappily married, it's been a loveless marriage for five years," schtick.

Uh, sorry, no sympathy, you're talking to somebody who just got cheated on. I asked why he stayed, and it was the usual BS runaround. 'Bye, dude. Keep your own house in order. If you're not happy, it's on you todo something about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships