Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2015, 03:27 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessie425 View Post
I don't think divorce destroys kids chance of a normal future at all. My parents divorced. I think I did ok lol

M).
Does not really matter what you think. Look at the statistics. On school performance, substance abuse, divorce stats, crime, etc.

I know people who had cancer and lived. I think they would have preferred to skip the cancer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 03:27 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
You are speaking out of emotion now... you will see the devil in anyone you choose to judge..
I never said affairs are ok I never said it is not disrespectful. etc..

Even the best of us make mistakes.. Show me a person that claims to live a flawless life with no regrets and I will point out a person lying.

I simply said that things happen ... we are all after all human. Its not black and white.... we've said it several times and you choose to ignore it because it better fits your perceptions than the fuzzy greys.

Unhappy Marriage versus [insert reason here] .. it could be financial children etc... There is more to marriage than sex and intimacy.
Yeah tell that to the guy that complains that he's not getting enough sex and intimacy at home. For some men, there's never enough. They just have to have an excuse to mess around instead of manning up and filing for a divorce so that he can then go hound dog around all he wants.

Old 07-23-2015, 03:33 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
Yeah tell that to the guy that complains that he's not getting enough sex and intimacy at home. For some men, there's never enough. They just have to have an excuse to mess around instead of manning up and filing for a divorce so that he can then go hound dog around all he wants.
Again... Its no excuse. I never said there was. But it is much more complex than you make it out to be. The complexities are already described in this thread. Its not all about sex and intimacy.

Old 07-23-2015, 03:34 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Does not really matter what you think. Look at the statistics. On school performance, substance abuse, divorce stats, crime, etc.
This would further the reasons why some married men choose to stay in an less than ideal marriage.... yup.

Old 07-23-2015, 03:38 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
My late grandparents got a divorce.
My dad is not damage kid.
My dad was not afraid of marriage .

Old 07-23-2015, 08:23 PM

811 posts, read 550,720 times
Sometimes it's cheaper to keep her.

If you are the breadwinner we all know splitting will have you splitting assets. But often it's too late because when the marriage goes sour and the spouse that makes significantly less knows they can take advantage of yoy if you divorce you dont have much of a choice but to cheat and just keep it discreet.

This is why men and women do not get married unless you aand your spouse are similar in income levels. If you are a doctor you have no business marrying a teacher. You will be cleaned out.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
Sometimes it's cheaper to keep her.

If you are the breadwinner we all know splitting will have you splitting assets. But often it's too late because when the marriage goes sour and the spouse that makes significantly less knows they can take advantage of yoy if you divorce you dont have much of a choice but to cheat and just keep it discreet.

This is why men and women do not get married unless you aand your spouse are similar in income levels. If you are a doctor you have no business marrying a teacher. You will be cleaned out.
Females are financial worse off than men when they get divorced.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:03 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Again... Its no excuse. I never said there was. But it is much more complex than you make it out to be. The complexities are already described in this thread. Its not all about sex and intimacy.
Problems are as complex as you perceived them.
You DO have a choice, even in gray situations.

"it's complicated" only applies to those unwilling to take things to one end or the other.

You have to understand that just becuase you may choose to live in shades of gray and that is what works best for yourself based on your own needs, not everyone is ok with staying "muddy"

Old 07-23-2015, 10:25 PM

811 posts, read 550,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Females are financial worse off than men when they get divorced.
Yea, if they married a broke man.

I know they are obviously celebrities and aren't representative for the common individual, but look when these big wealthy athletes/celbrities get married, divorce, and then the woman despite not contributing a single thing towards his success gets millions.

Now look at that through the scope of a regular individual. The example I said, a doctor and a teacher. If that doctor pulls $200,000 yearly and owns the house, car, etc. and his wife the teacher makes $45,000. No, she will not be worse off. She will get a lot of his assets and alimony.

Before you say, women can be doctors too. Of course. But here is the funny part. Women, even the successful ones, will often tell you they could not date a man that makes less than her. It is not always a man being macho, but a woman herself saying "No, he is supposed to be the provider. He should make more." Which leads to the catch-22 for us men. Women shove marriage in our face and put pressure on us, but yet they are the ones that initiate most divorces...Why do you think that is? Because they know the court works more in their favor. So the equation is seek successful man, when you get successful man put pressure on him to marry you, then down the line when it goes sour not to hesitate to divorce because you know the court will favor you to get quite a bit of his assets. This is not the case for men. Which is why we have everything to lose and women have everything to gain when it comes to marriage.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
Yea, if they married a broke man.

I know they are obviously celebrities and aren't representative for the common individual, but look when these big wealthy athletes/celbrities get married, divorce, and then the woman despite not contributing a single thing towards his success gets millions.

Now look at that through the scope of a regular individual. The example I said, a doctor and a teacher. If that doctor pulls $200,000 yearly and owns the house, car, etc. and his wife the teacher makes $45,000. No, she will not be worse off. She will get a lot of his assets and alimony.

Before you say, women can be doctors too. Of course. But here is the funny part. Women, even the successful ones, will often tell you they could not date a man that makes less than her. It is not always a man being macho, but a woman herself saying "No, he is supposed to be the provider. He should make more." Which leads to the catch-22 for us men. Women shove marriage in our face and put pressure on us, but yet they are the ones that initiate most divorces...Why do you think that is? Because they know the court works more in their favor. So the equation is seek successful man, when you get successful man put pressure on him to marry you, then down the line when it goes sour not to hesitate to divorce because you know the court will favor you to get quite a bit of his assets. This is not the case for men. Which is why we have everything to lose and women have everything to gain when it comes to marriage.
Women careers get hurt when they start having children while Men don't. When you get back into the job sphere, you are at disadvantage. Most divorce case do not go to court. Some men just take off after a divorce. The poor woman is left the children to raise. Some people cannot afford Lawyers or to take off go to court to fight their ex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships