Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 10:37 AM

237 posts, read 786,431 times

Advertisements

I know the reason is probably finances, kids, etc...but I know this one guy who always cheats on his wife, and claims he's "not going anywhere" when I ask him why he stays with her (he often tells me about different girls he talks to). Why cheat and stay and be miserable? Or could it be he is really happily married and just needs some on the side? I am debating cutting off our friendship because I just don't want to hear about this anymore. I feel bad for his wife. Oddly enough, when he speaks of her, it doesn't sound like they are in a bad situation, but who know?

I will never understand this. Any ideas? Just curious what others think...does he love his wife if he does this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 10:39 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
They get something out of having a spouse/long-term partner, get something out of having a piece on the side, and are unwilling to relinquish either if they don't have to.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:40 AM

5,208 posts, read 4,666,583 times
It's called having your cake and eating it too. Family life and kids are great but so is the option of dating new women. Of course having both means lying to people. Some people are very okay with that but of course if they are found out, they could lose both.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:41 AM

Funny part is he was telling me he was annoyed that a girl he was "talking to" didn't want to have sex with him when she found out he was married, and he told her he wasn't going anywhere ! I wanted to say, well any self-respecting woman wouldn't! sad part is, he gets plenty of women willing to entertain him.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:45 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessie425 View Post
I know the reason is probably finances, kids, etc...
These ^^^ are not small things.

Are you married?

Old 07-23-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
These ^^^ are not small things.

Are you married?
No, but have been with my partner for over 12 years so practically married. We just got engaged in December No kids though he has two from his previous marriage.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:54 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessie425 View Post
No, but have been with my partner for over 12 years so practically married. We just got engaged in December No kids though he has two from his previous marriage.
Practically married...

Well, anyway. When you have been married a while, and especially if you have kids, it's more than a marriage. It's family. It's hard to walk away from that.

Plus people can rationalize anything.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:59 AM

765 posts, read 986,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Practically married...

Well, anyway. When you have been married a while, and especially if you have kids, it's more than a marriage. It's family. It's hard to walk away from that.

Plus people can rationalize anything.
Not to mention Money

If you have to rely on your spouse to pay bills or mortgages thats hard if you can't live by yourself with your salary you are stuck you would need to search for roommates in the mean time

Old 07-23-2015, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Professional View Post
Not to mention Money

If you have to rely on your spouse to pay bills or mortgages thats hard if you can't live by yourself with your salary you are stuck you would need to search for roommates in the mean time
yes the wife doesn't work, only him. I get the impression money is tight too. He doesn't make six figures or anything.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:05 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,640,103 times
Some men are smart like a fox. Many still love their wives but arent being fulfilled in other ways. When they can have cake and eat it to why get divorced. They know darn good and well if they were single someone would pressure them for marriage and thats not what their wanting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships