Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Guys, would you like your lady to be Bisexual?
OMG yes!!! 59 30.89%
Maybe 36 18.85%
No! 86 45.03%
Lemme vote!!! 10 5.24%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 12:56 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
I am sure your homosexual friends appreciate such an enlightened attitude.
oh stop with the sarcasim...just because I feel one way doesn't make me right and them wrong, or visa versa, it is my opinion...and I can tell you true...if I found out my son or daughter indulged in such things, it would really hurt deeply...

so don't try and hijack the issue with my opinon or beliefs in homosexuality...that is not the issue here...someone asked and I replied...it's how I feel and what I believe....sorry it doesn't meet with your approval....
but that is who I am, and I stand by my personal convictions, my beliefs....
they asked....what, did you think everyone was going to come into this thread and chime in..."Why that is perfectly all right dear...you do with your body exactly what you wish and to heck with the feelings of everyone else?

I don't think so....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 01:00 PM

279 posts, read 1,138,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
thank you....

maybe I am judgmental about this topic...but, on this, I won't feel badly about it. It's my culture, how I was raised to believe....I also believe human beings are not animals...and even though, a lot of people will not even attempt to come into this conversation and voice their opinions, I do know, there are still, fortunately, a lot of people out there who have respect for themselves. Even animals know better....just because some of you were involved in a threesome or more, doesn't make it right...my goodness, we're human beings who are supposed to display some morals and respect for ourselves.

This reminds me of a neighbor...they labored hard to raise their grand children and did without. The grandfather had M.S. bad. One of their grand daughters has had now, 5 children out of wed lock, and has given the children up for adoption...and she still doesn't get how much she has hurt them...to the core.

I wonder, how all your parents would feel if you told them what you have done. Yanno, what you do, the decissions you make, how you act, isn't only about you...your actions affect so many others....and you should think about that.

Yes, it's easy to use a screen name and admit that you've done what you've done...but, seriously...I wouldn't want any man, in my life who indulged themselves so freely.

Just my opinion and thoughts....

and yes, you should be ashamed, wait till you have your own children...and can you imagine how badly it would hurt some fathers if they knew there daughters behaved so friviously.

That's just how I see it. It would cut me deep to know my son engaged in such....it isn't always about YOU.

Best Regards
Creme
Your kidding right? My devoted relationship with my husband isnt up for discussion, neither are my kids. But after 19 years of marriage I can tell you its like we are still on our honeymoon-take it and tear it up and down as you see fit.

Cuz no one out there thinks people can be marreid and actually happy and in love and grow old together anymore.....

That. I am bi? is who I am not a big deal, just as you are straight and not a big deal to me. No post here did I ever say being bi- was about indulging so freely that you lose site of everything relavent in life..so I am not sure where you got the one from.

Ashamed? guilty? oh h**l no. Good grief college was college and at that time is was all about me and yes my parents know I am Bi, and there was a talk and you know what? THEY LOVE ME ANYWAY. and they are proud of me and who I am and what I have done with the life they have given me.

Not that I need to justify it for you.

PS there is a HUGE like grand canyons difference from my life and the neighbors who raised those 5 kids. so dont even try and compare it doesnt fly.

Old 02-21-2008, 01:04 PM

279 posts, read 1,138,948 times
soooooooooooo getting back to the orginal post was a poll on :

Guys, would you like your lady to be bisexual...

Obviously for some its okay and for others its not...

I cant see this post getting positive.....its safe to say we all agree to disagree..

Isnt life wonderful.....

Old 02-21-2008, 02:24 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmc2007 View Post
Your kidding right? My devoted relationship with my husband isnt up for discussion, neither are my kids. But after 19 years of marriage I can tell you its like we are still on our honeymoon-take it and tear it up and down as you see fit.

Cuz no one out there thinks people can be marreid and actually happy and in love and grow old together anymore.....

That. I am bi? is who I am not a big deal, just as you are straight and not a big deal to me. No post here did I ever say being bi- was about indulging so freely that you lose site of everything relavent in life..so I am not sure where you got the one from.

Ashamed? guilty? oh h**l no. Good grief college was college and at that time is was all about me and yes my parents know I am Bi, and there was a talk and you know what? THEY LOVE ME ANYWAY. and they are proud of me and who I am and what I have done with the life they have given me.

Not that I need to justify it for you.

PS there is a HUGE like grand canyons difference from my life and the neighbors who raised those 5 kids. so dont even try and compare it doesnt fly.
I'm sorry, I didn't try and compare your life to my neighbors....I was trying to point out how the actions of children can crush a parent's heart.....
I'm not angry at you either, and no, you never had to come back on and justify your actions to me, least of all people...

but what you must do is understand, we don't all agree on things...doesn't make me right or you wrong...it's how we believe, and what we believe in....

I once compromised my beliefs, even feelings, so that others could be happy...I won't ever do that again....so, now more then ever, I'm cut and dry and very to the point...(was raised with boys) Please, don't take anything so personal....who cares what I think, really?

and I never asked you to discuss your marriage, your kids or otherwise...but remember, when you put yourself out there, your going to get feedback, and it may not always be what you want or like, and people, as it is, human nature are going to judge, regardless....you could be the most astute angel, and people would still judge you. If your ok with your actions, that is all that matters, right...so, don't worry about what I think, what I believe, or justifying your actions....just take it with a grain of salt. Sounds like your well adjusted and very happy...so, we agree to disagree is all. Maybe another forum, we'll both agree...YOU NEVER KNOW.....

And I still remain, to the original post that being bi, to me, is like cheating....just like a man, who lives with his wife and children, but is homosexual and is cheating....no difference...marriage is fidelity not only to your partner, but to oneself. And if I came in here and said any different, then I would be unloyal to my personal consititution...and that, doesn't fly...and that is something I will defend to the end....

Hugs
Creme

Old 02-21-2008, 03:59 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,809,216 times
Me...being of sound mind and a straight guy...no...I would not like my lady to be bi. Thank you...thank you very much...

Old 02-21-2008, 05:07 PM

672 posts, read 2,124,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmc2007 View Post
soooooooooooo getting back to the orginal post was a poll on :

Guys, would you like your lady to be bisexual...

Obviously for some its okay and for others its not...

I cant see this post getting positive.....its safe to say we all agree to disagree..

Isnt life wonderful.....

Well, I pretty much agree with trmc07 here. Many of us have simply agreed to disagree. But, at least the thread hasn't really gotton all ugly, mean, and nasty. And, I for one, do appreciate that.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:38 PM

202 posts, read 534,701 times
Who cares? She's with you, right?

Whatever issues a bisexual partner in a relationship may or may not have are *massively* eclipsed by the issues harbored by the other partner who either immediately thinks "OMG 3SUM!!11!" or immediately assumes that they're going to be cheated on.

Old 02-21-2008, 09:31 PM

25 posts, read 86,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Me...being of sound mind and a straight guy...no...I would not like my lady to be bi. Thank you...thank you very much...
Why do you think a bisexual wife would be more likely to cheat on you than any other one? Or is that what you think?

Old 02-21-2008, 10:12 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,681,428 times
Quote:
but that is who I am, and I stand by my personal convictions, my beliefs....
Tell that to Matthew Shephard's mother.

You said this to Freddy:

Quote:
so don't try and hijack the issue with my opinon or beliefs in homosexuality...
Nah, you're the one who did that. He was just replying to one of your homophobic comments.

That is ALL; I'm done with you and your...beliefs... so save me another trademark mile long sub literate rant.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 02-21-2008 at 10:23 PM..

Old 02-21-2008, 10:35 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,573,812 times
This is exactly why we NEED a dedicated LGBT Issues sub-forum on the Politics & Other Controversies forum, even though nobody agrees with me. (Sniffle, sniffle).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships