Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 07:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,711 times

Advertisements

Like change your work schedule so you don't run into that person or something in that matter? If so, why? Is it the embarrassnent?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 07:36 AM

291 posts, read 273,742 times
Depends how it went down... If it was a just a simple "no thanks" when I asked about a date, I wouldn't care.

If it was some high drama affair involving friends, being led on, and a healthy dose of disrespect, then yeah I might do some things to avoid that person.

Old 07-27-2015, 07:48 AM

150 posts, read 172,153 times
No. You need to get over the embarrassment and go about your business.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:37 AM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,553 times
Never really been rejected, but then I don't put myself out there for it--it's usually women approaching me, 75% the type I'm not interested in. In that case, it's me doing the (light) rejecting. I only completely ignore the woman if she's persistent. Ignoring them does the trick.

If I were to get rejected I'd still go about my daily routine, be it at work or wherever--I just simply would not engage the person unless work-related. Far too many women seem to get off on 'rejecting' someone and then waiting for that person to pursue, which I never would.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:45 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
eh, rejection is part of life and no big deal if one is mature enough to know that at some point they will be rejected more than once for many different things and many different reasons.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:47 AM

765 posts, read 986,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
Never really been rejected, but then I don't put myself out there for it--it's usually women approaching me, 75% the type I'm not interested in. In that case, it's me doing the (light) rejecting. I only completely ignore the woman if she's persistent. Ignoring them does the trick.

If I were to get rejected I'd still go about my daily routine, be it at work or wherever--I just simply would not engage the person unless work-related. Far too many women seem to get off on 'rejecting' someone and then waiting for that person to pursue, which I never would.

Exactly No one really cares
Its not going to change nothing I just simply am not going to talk to that woman unless work related
Just find a woman thats not going to reject you and push all other people out
simple

Old 07-27-2015, 10:20 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gskt View Post
Like change your work schedule so you don't run into that person or something in that matter? If so, why? Is it the embarrassnent?
I probably would especially if we are talking about a person for whom you have serious romantic feelings. I mean why torture yourself by running into that person regularly especially risking the posibility of seeing them with someone else, what is the point of that? How does that benefit you? I think it is better to pull away.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:29 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Why would you avoid that person? Just carry on as normal. approaching those of opposite sex, as well as rejection are natural parts of life for every human being.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:40 AM

783 posts, read 849,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gskt View Post
My preference is to not be around her if I can but I'm not going to rearrange my schedule or life just because she said no. I also would not talk to her unless she talks first or do any social media interaction. A woman only needs to tell me no once, and I never accept the friend zone. About the only 'no' I will accept without limiting interaction with a woman is if she is in a relationship already.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:46 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,658 times
Shouldnt be a problem if you dont date someone you work with. One thing I learned years ago you just dont make co workers your social buddies whether male or female.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships