Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 04:16 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times

Advertisements

Don't get discouraged by a few thousand nasty messages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 04:21 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Don't get discouraged by a few thousand nasty messages.
Nice.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-28-2015, 05:00 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,285,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHeart22 View Post
Why are all the creepers on online dating? Why are all the normal people that just need an outlet to meet people so few and far between?

I had a guy send me a message the other day. Literally the first message ever exchanged. He said, "Why beat around the bush...I'd love to tear your clothes off "

In what realm is that acceptable?! I guarantee he would not walk up to a random girl in person and say that as an introduction so why should it be ok online? Also, please tell me there is not a girl out there that would respond favorably to that.

I'm just a nice, genuine, single girl trying to find a decent guy. I don't have a lot of friends to go out picking up guys with and I tend to be a little on the shy side so the online avenue is comfortable and easy for me.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
I tried it for fun a few years back. I was amazed at how many pictures of...um...guys "stuff" I got in the first message. One was a close up and said "this is me right now, I'm at such and such hotel." What was I going to do, drop the phone and jump in the car and go speeding over?

Another guy tried to get me to agree to early morning, before work, booty calls. He was married but said his pregnant wife wasn't able so she was okay with it. Riiiight. That one messaged me MANY times trying to make that work.

Another was a guy who insisted I meet him at a bar, he said he even had a drink all ready for me. Right, like I am going to take a mixed drink from a stranger?

It is a shame the sites are so full of weirdos.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:02 PM

251 posts, read 299,528 times
Quote:
In what realm is that acceptable?! Also, please tell me there is not a girl out there that would respond favorably to that.
This realm. That's why there's so many bastard kids being born because those guys usually get the girl.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:25 PM

356 posts, read 365,251 times
Quote:
Why are all the creepers on online dating? Why are all the normal people that just need an outlet to meet people so few and far between?

I had a guy send me a message the other day. Literally the first message ever exchanged. He said, "Why beat around the bush...I'd love to tear your clothes off "

In what realm is that acceptable?! I guarantee he would not walk up to a random girl in person and say that as an introduction so why should it be ok online? Also, please tell me there is not a girl out there that would respond favorably to that.

I'm just a nice, genuine, single girl trying to find a decent guy. I don't have a lot of friends to go out picking up guys with and I tend to be a little on the shy side so the online avenue is comfortable and easy for me.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Well at least you have a lot to choose from, try being a guy were women thing all men are the same One creep screws it up for all of us

Old 07-28-2015, 05:28 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corijei View Post
This realm. That's why there's so many bastard kids being born because those guys usually get the girl.
Bastard is a outdated term.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:30 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,396,604 times
its a microcosm of the real world, ur being exposed to hundreds of guys in a short time frame instead of the one guy every few months asking u out, of course there is going to be 80%+ u arent compatible with mixed in with ur creepers and weirdos, i m sure the percentage is higher.

Old 07-28-2015, 08:33 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Online dating makes you hate people? Just wait til you post on C-D...

People in general make me hate people.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:05 PM

356 posts, read 365,251 times
Well from what I see I'm not ready to date period! too much stuff going on with my life from getting kicked out of my family to getting a career going on stay tuned ppl!

Old 07-28-2015, 09:06 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
its a microcosm of the real world, ur being exposed to hundreds of guys in a short time frame instead of the one guy every few months asking u out, of course there is going to be 80%+ u arent compatible with mixed in with ur creepers and weirdos, i m sure the percentage is higher.
OLD user are in the millions and it is growing .
OLD will be the norm soon enough.
I tend to better online than real life.
My current boyfriend on the one of the worst site called Craigslist while POF did nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships