Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 07:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,010 times

Advertisements

About over a week ago, a guy I kinda work with, sent me this text message, "I love you bibi", follow by "sure......" after he called me telling me his phone is acting weird. I just share this number with him for the first time about 30 minutes earlier on that day for work-related issue on that day. He's really weak person, doesn't speak his mind, and keeps quiet all day... type of person.

Later that day, he share me his vehicle police issues, and he usually shares a lot of his crappy racist/political/wimpy career problems. I don't discuss it farther than that because I keep people secrets pretty well, especially the ones I like. I get vibes he likes me a lot, but as a person to confine into, like therapy

Now, he is married (so big no)...

Do you think this guy was interested in me??? Or was it really just a 'phone' acting weird TWICE. He brought me treats before, and is always nice around me. So I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2015, 07:32 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Sounds like at least one was a mistaken text.

If he's married AND a co-worker, be very professional with him. Do not accept any more gifts. Don't encourage him in any way.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:35 AM

150 posts, read 172,234 times
Why do you want to know or care if he's in into when he's married?

Old 08-01-2015, 07:51 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloke2611 View Post
Why do you want to know or care if he's in into you when he's married?
OP:

That is a very good question for you to answer.

Especially with these two sentences that you included in your original post...

Do you think this guy was interested in me???

Old 08-01-2015, 07:56 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,433,425 times
He's a weak, married, racist. Who gives a ****?

Old 08-01-2015, 08:00 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,458,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacotey di Gioia View Post
About over a week ago, a guy I kinda work with, sent me this text message, "I love you bibi", follow by "sure......" after he called me telling me his phone is acting weird. I just share this number with him for the first time about 30 minutes earlier on that day for work-related issue on that day. He's really weak person, doesn't speak his mind, and keeps quiet all day... type of person.

Later that day, he share me his vehicle police issues, and he usually shares a lot of his crappy racist/political/wimpy career problems. I don't discuss it farther than that because I keep people secrets pretty well, especially the ones I like. I get vibes he likes me a lot, but as a person to confine into, like therapy

Do you think this guy was interested in me??? Or was it really just a 'phone' acting weird TWICE. He brought me treats before, and is always nice around me. So I don't know.
Possibly. I would leave that alone; he already got married so what else do you need to know.

Old 08-01-2015, 08:01 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,771,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacotey di Gioia View Post

Later that day, he share me his vehicle police issues, and he usually shares a lot of his crappy racist/political/wimpy career problems. I don't discuss it farther than that because I keep people secrets pretty well, especially the ones I like. I get vibes he likes me a lot, but as a person to confine into, like therapy.

OP:

I am a married female.

Regarding the bolded part in pink...

As a married female, I am not anyone's surrogate mate or substitute mate who provides their emotional needs. Neither is my husband.

He needs to confide to his wife. Not to some other female.

Old 08-01-2015, 08:03 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,458,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:

I am a married female.

Regarding the bolded part in pink...

As a married female, I am not anyone's surrogate mate or substitute mate who provides their emotional needs. Neither is my husband.

He needs to confide to his wife. Not to some other female.
That confiding can get the OP in a lot of trouble. She'll learn the hard way.

Old 08-01-2015, 08:24 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,361,425 times
You are at work to do the best job you can for the person who hired you--your employer, boss. You are not there to be someone's therapist, "buddy" or sex partner.
It doesn't matter what this "man's" intentions are. As long as you know that your intentions are business relationships only at work with a person who is obviously interested in you for more than that reason, you will be fine. I would calmly tell him that you are not interested in him. Block his number and report him to Human Resources or directly to your boss if he persists.

Old 08-01-2015, 11:12 AM

14,783 posts, read 8,115,126 times
I don't know if he is interested in you or not, but he is married (which yes if you have integrity this should be a big no for you), and you work with him.....add both of these together and it would be unprofessional and just plain wrong and bad advice to get involved with him in any personal romantic type manner...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships