Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 10:22 AM

35,095 posts, read 50,984,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovingover50 View Post
What do single men & women over 50 want in a relationship & mate?

I will be 51 one in a few months. Female, fit, professional, single & financially capable. Just wondering. I've been single since my divorce in 2004 and it's been challenging and yet I've learned so much about myself, self worth and values in a relationship. Now, well, it seems that in my age range, it's quite different. Realizing everyone will have their own preferences for their own reasons, I'm not looking for definitive answers... but I would love hearing the opinions of men and women in my age range about what they too have learned and what they want in a relationship at this time in their lives. Hugs to all dating after 50...

There is no set in stone what everyone wants in a relationship guideline, every human is different and there are so many variables that it would be impossible to even start guessing what one individual wants, needs or looks for.

So even though you don't want a definitive answer you also won't come close to a valid guess from anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 11:24 AM

576 posts, read 819,005 times
what are YOU looking for? A nice,long-term relationship? With someone your age or someone younger? 'Cause you've also got to realize that there is a small percentage of people 50+ that use internet

Old 07-30-2015, 02:41 PM

2,447 posts, read 2,574,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
They want the same things 50 year old females want...except they still want to have sex

Let's all just boil it down and make it sound good so we do not come off as jaded old grumps though.

They want a "companion"

What? OMG, you are soooo wrong, we're not dead yet!
If I happen to find someone, he better hold on for dear life!

I can relate to Jill Clayburgh in this movie trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecUHFT9ezIk

Old 07-30-2015, 02:45 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,406,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
What? OMG, you are soooo wrong, we're not dead yet!
If I happen to find someone, he better hold on for dear life!

I can relate to Jill Clayburgh in this movie trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecUHFT9ezIk
Lol i was was joking

Didn't translate well the way I wrote it apperantly.

Old 07-30-2015, 02:56 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,668,656 times
I wanted a friend, lover and companion. Yes, I am a woman over 50 who loves the intimate side of a relationship.
And I like "SEX, SUPPER and SILENCE"

Old 07-30-2015, 03:00 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,323,258 times
If you ask 10 different men you'll get about 7 different answers. I would hope that you wouldn't change yourself in any significant way to "be" the answer, if there was a consensus anyway. Be you, make some effort, be prepared for some of the crap people have mentioned here, get past that, and you'll be fine.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:46 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,235,547 times
I'm female, age 52 with four grown children who are all doing quite well as young adults on their own. I left my husband 6 months ago. I stayed in the marriage for much longer than I wanted to, but finally left when the opportunity was right. I think what I have discovered since living on my own is that I do not want to live with anyone ever again and I'm not saying I would never date, but with the way things are socially now days, it's pretty unlikely that I will meet anyone and I'm okay with that. I'm enjoying my time without all the unreasonable expectations hung around my neck. I think women are usually quite good at taking care of themselves in every way.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:49 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,206,596 times
Maybe more true if they are over 70 - a nurse with a purse? ...that's what I always heard.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:20 PM

88,057 posts, read 83,895,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
what are YOU looking for? A nice,long-term relationship? With someone your age or someone younger? 'Cause you've also got to realize that there is a small percentage of people 50+ that use internet
Are you for real? Lol

Old 07-30-2015, 06:52 PM

7,682 posts, read 1,261,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
I'm female, age 52 with four grown children who are all doing quite well as young adults on their own. I left my husband 6 months ago. I stayed in the marriage for much longer than I wanted to, but finally left when the opportunity was right. I think what I have discovered since living on my own is that I do not want to live with anyone ever again and I'm not saying I would never date, but with the way things are socially now days, it's pretty unlikely that I will meet anyone and I'm okay with that. I'm enjoying my time without all the unreasonable expectations hung around my neck. I think women are usually quite good at taking care of themselves in every way.
I could not have said this better myself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships