Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 11:45 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times

Advertisements

That's a whole lot of reaction right there. ^^^^^

And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 11:51 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Listen sweetheart,

If you don't want to go over the mans house than just let him know.

Your original post makes the guy sound like a complete pig.

How dare him ask me to come over to his house.

How dare him think of me as worthy enough to be invited to his personal home to sit on his couch and eat his food that

was earned with his hard work. How dare him single me out when he could have asked ANY OTHER woman to come over.

How dare him.

I am such a victim.

He is such a nasty person.

Shame on him.

As I said in this other post...either you are not that into him....or you are just comparing this guy to some idiot that hurt you in a previous experience.
Of course I've been hurt. Everyone has by a certain age. We need to learn from our mistakes. I don't know what kind of a person he is, that is the problem. I can learn that in a public place. You're right, I like that he is interested in me, I do like him from what I know, but I don't know what he is interested in from me or how much. Too soon to tell so too soon to go to his house.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:59 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Of course I've been hurt. Everyone has by a certain age. We need to learn from our mistakes. I don't know what kind of a person he is, that is the problem. I can learn that in a public place. You're right, I like that he is interested in me, I do like him from what I know, but I don't know what he is interested in from me or how much. Too soon to tell so too soon to go to his house.

Your assumptions are making this a much bigger more complicated issue than it needs to be.
Either tell him you are not comfortable going to his home yet and suggest something else or quit wasting time.
This choice should not be so difficult for an adult woman who states she has experienced life.

Just for the record the fact that you have been hurt should not have anything to do with this man unless he is the one who hurt you in the past. Everyone you meet, interact with, date, have sex with or marry has the potential to hurt you and you them. Why live your life in constant fear of being hurt? Life is about anything and everything and you can choose to live in fear or you can choose to experience it all.
The good, bad, ugly and indifferent and if you choose not to experience it all then quit dating, stay home and quit wasting everyone's time who is involved.

Last edited by CSD610; 07-30-2015 at 12:16 AM..

Old 07-30-2015, 12:02 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,330 times
I understand.

Well...I personally would be very appreciative if a woman was completely 100% upfront with me.

The conversation is as easy as....

Hey John,

"I really appreciate you taking the time to invite me over to your place. Thank you. I am really interested in getting to know you better. However, I just don't feel comfortable taking that step right now. Nothing against you. Just would like to go on a few more dates before hanging out at each others home. Please let me know if this makes sense. "

If he gets upset or angry...cut him off.

My guess is that he will be just fine.

Old 07-30-2015, 12:13 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,064,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Your assumptions are making this a much bigger more complicated issue than it needs to be.
Either tell him you are not comfortable going to his home yet and suggest something else or quit wasting time.
This choice should not be so difficult for an adult woman who states she has experienced life.

Just for the record the fact that you have been hurt should not have anything to do with this man unless he is the one who hurt you in the past. Everyone you meet, interact with, date, have sex with or marry has the potential to hurt you and you them. Why live your life in constant fear of being hurt? Life is about anything and everything and you can choose to live in fear or you can choose to experience it all.
The good, bad, ugly and indifferent and if you choose not to experience it all then quit dating, stay home and quite wasting everyone's time who is involved.
I did already tell him I'm not comfortable , see previous posts. We communicated

Old 07-30-2015, 02:35 AM

10,065 posts, read 7,229,638 times
You know, as someone who has sent these kinds of texts, although a little after the 2nd date... when I said "let's watch a movie," I actually did mean watch a movie. It was not code for sex.

Now would I take sex if it was available? Yes. But it wasn't something I would push for. If her body language said "don't get too close" I wouldn't. If she wanted to snuggle up to me and one thing led to another, I was fine with that too.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:26 AM

720 posts, read 500,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
I just think you portrayed this guy to be a creep who obviously doesn't respect you in your OP and it rubbed some of the guys here the wrong way. It sounds like you're either jumping to conclusions, paranoid about how he views you, subconsciously holding him accountable for some other who wronged you, or you're not that into him and you're using this as an excuse.

I don't think you're a bad person or even technically wrong, just maybe a little disingenuous.

Old 07-30-2015, 05:34 AM

745 posts, read 800,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post

Or tell him you have your period.
Because lying is a great way to start off any relationship...

Old 07-30-2015, 06:39 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
correction, 100%
many guys have a 3-date target...wont say rule cuz peeps get all worked up...but a 3 date target

if sex doesn't happen on 3rd date, the likelihood that its gonna with that person falls drastically...some don't want to waste their time...

Old 07-30-2015, 06:42 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygreeneyes View Post
LWS, if you are in the dating scene, get ready. It seems like that's the new dating option of many men these day, "Can I come over. We will watch a movie or something."
lol

or "come on over, bring a 12 pack and a pizza, and well watch war movies...oh, can you stop and grab me a box of condoms...ribbed...extra large puh-leeze!!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships