Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 11:12 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Having sex while you were broken up should not be an issue for either of you, as you were not together during that time.

I am surprised he wants to marry someone who repeatedly lied to him, though.

Your question is very odd.
I agree with this and don't even see an issue here. The only things that really stands out here, is you not being up front about sleeping with anyone during the 4 month split, only to come back and tell him otherwise. I would be thinking, what else have you lied about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 12:56 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Having sex while you were broken up should not be an issue for either of you, as you were not together during that time.
Everyone keeps saying this but I might have a big issue with it myself.

For one, it would matter how and why we "broke up", which is why I asked about that. If me and my gf were mutually broken up with no plans to get back together and she started dating and eventually slept with a guy she had met, that's one thing. But if I feel like she was just "taking a break" or wanted to be "broken up" temporarily for the purposes of sleeping with other guys or to see where another relationship might lead, well then she can just stay gone as far as I'm concerned.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:21 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
"But it seems like with this guy no matter what I do, he always wants to be with me."

Don't get carried away and think you can cheat with impunity.

I'm curious about why you two broke up and whose decision it was.
Okay....but to be clear, she didn't cheat - they were broken up - and not for a few days but for a few months.

Frankly, he was stupid to ask and the OP was stupid to answer...ever hear of don't ask, don't tell? Ask me no questions I'll tell you no lies? Sometimes the answer is none of your business and can only serve to cloud the issue. BTW - did he tell you if HE slept with anyone? Did you ask? How do you feel about it either way?

Old 07-29-2015, 05:57 PM

576 posts, read 824,043 times
Well you were broken up..................you were no longer his girlfriend ,you were broken up .If you didn't get back together ,what you do and what he does outside the relationship does not matter.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:05 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Ugh.. why oh why would anyone expect their ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend to save themselves and abstain from sex just in case they get back together? It doesn't matter if there is even a slightest chance..... its unreasonable expectations to hold anyone to...

Their sex life outside of a relationship is none of their business.

I also wouldn't care so much about the lie. It is one of those questions that one is never quite prepared to answer if popped up unexpectedly... it is a knee jerk reaction. What is important is that the question was later re-addressed. However, I wouldn't have told him.... i would have said it is none of his business since we were not in a committed relationship at that time.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:53 PM

780 posts, read 678,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Jess View Post
Ok so.. My ex and I broke up for about 4 months.
When we got back together, he had asked me if I had sex with anyone else and I lied every time he bought the subject up. Eventually I couldnt keep it in and I told him that I did have sex with someone else. Any who, this guy showed a very interesting response, he did not talk but just looked away and completely just shut it out.
The next day he decided to argue with me over it and he still stuck with me :| we have been dating for three years now and this guy wants to marry me.
I just don't understand this at all. I know the past is still haunting him but he never left me and considered making me his wife and still is..

What do you guys think? Personally, If I got back with my ex and found out he had slept with someone else I would leave him there and then. But it seems like with this guy no matter what I do, he always wants to be with me.
How exactly do you know that the past is still haunting him? Like he keeps bringing it up? He full out told you? He won't touch you anymore? I'm just so curious how you're so sure that he's actually bothered by it.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:18 PM

513 posts, read 429,218 times
I see a different issue. Yea, I think that your boyfriend is upset that you lied about the fact, and I think that he's exhausted. I mean, he was lied to by someone that he loves so much. Or he could be a little scared that you'll go off with some other guy and just decided to put a ring on you to secure you. I also think that he could be a little possessive if he was upset that you slept with another guy when you two were broken up. You have to talk to him to understand what is he upset about and why he wants to marry you.

Unfortunately, I don't think you love him just as much as he loves you. You couldn't even tell that he loved and cared about you. It read like, "Dude, what's his problem? We were broken up. And now he wants to marry me?"

If you don't love him as much as he love you, spare him the heartache and pain. Don't string him along into a loveless, one-sided marriage. Do you feel as if your not worthy to be with him? Do you actually love him like he loves you? Do you know how much he loves you? What relationship do you even have? Is there any love to begin with?

There's just so many scenarios and unknown answers to so many questions...There's only one side to the story. Just go to counseling to get some type of communication going on between you two.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:24 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Okay....but to be clear, she didn't cheat - they were broken up - and not for a few days but for a few months.
To be clear, I wasn't referring to that incident as cheating but not to assume she could get away with it in the future because he stays with her "no matter what I do".

Old 08-13-2015, 07:28 PM

3 posts, read 7,209 times
I would never cheat! Thats not in my blood.
I broke it off with him because he is controlling and extremely insecure. I'm the type of person that sees the positive side to things, where as he sees the negatives and over thinks everything. It was just too negative to cope with at times.
He told me during an argument that he is not over me sleeping with another guy. He also keeps asking me, if I've done anything else in the past, that he does not know of.

I dont thrive off drama. But I was completely confused to he's reaction once I had told him I've slept with someone else.
He made me paranoid, thinking that he had sex with someone else as well because of the reaction that I got.
I had asked him, he said he's never touched anyone.

I'm sorry but I could never be with someone that has had sex with someone else, if I care for them.

Old 08-13-2015, 07:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Jess View Post
I would never cheat! Thats not in my blood.
I broke it off with him because he is controlling and extremely insecure. I'm the type of person that sees the positive side to things, where as he sees the negatives and over thinks everything. It was just too negative to cope with at times.
He told me during an argument that he is not over me sleeping with another guy. He also keeps asking me, if I've done anything else in the past, that he does not know of.

I dont thrive off drama. But I was completely confused to he's reaction once I had told him I've slept with someone else.
He made me paranoid, thinking that he had sex with someone else as well because of the reaction that I got.
I had asked him, he said he's never touched anyone.

I'm sorry but I could never be with someone that has had sex with someone else, if I care for them.
So you're both supposed to have been virgins before you met?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships