Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 01:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,422 times

Advertisements

Throughout high school I've been trying to find a girlfriend. I've been feeling really lonely, because I'm always being picked on by friends. I try to stand up for myself but then it usually ends up with everyone just picking on me and I get outnumbered. I only have a few friends who actually talk to me about my feelings and such. I just wish that there was someone that just cared for me and is willing to be there for me whenever I need them. I've been searching for a girlfriend for about 5 years already. I'm a shy/socially awkward person, but I try to break free of that in order to find someone. However, I've been rejected numerous times. Everyone always tells me "You'll find someone" or "They're stupid for rejecting you", but honestly I feel like that's just false encouragement. I try to improve myself, whether it's involved with how I look or what I do, but that doesn't seem to help either. I'm scared to keep trying to find a girl because of the many times I got rejected, and I don't want to keep feeling the feeling of rejection. I just wish someone was there for me...can anyone give me advice on what I should do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 03:02 AM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,002 times
You come off as needy and clingy. Girls pick up on that.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:07 AM

291 posts, read 273,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinh123 View Post
Throughout high school I've been trying to find a girlfriend. I've been feeling really lonely, because I'm always being picked on by friends. I try to stand up for myself but then it usually ends up with everyone just picking on me and I get outnumbered. I only have a few friends who actually talk to me about my feelings and such. I just wish that there was someone that just cared for me and is willing to be there for me whenever I need them. I've been searching for a girlfriend for about 5 years already. I'm a shy/socially awkward person, but I try to break free of that in order to find someone. However, I've been rejected numerous times. Everyone always tells me "You'll find someone" or "They're stupid for rejecting you", but honestly I feel like that's just false encouragement. I try to improve myself, whether it's involved with how I look or what I do, but that doesn't seem to help either. I'm scared to keep trying to find a girl because of the many times I got rejected, and I don't want to keep feeling the feeling of rejection. I just wish someone was there for me...can anyone give me advice on what I should do?
You're in high school? Play football/basketball/baseball/wrestling or track.

Old 07-30-2015, 03:11 AM

45 posts, read 31,650 times
maybe u can change how u look and try to be little bit more mature than ur age, usually girls like that

Old 07-30-2015, 03:21 AM

2,918 posts, read 5,608,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justThis View Post
You're in high school? Play football/basketball/baseball/wrestling or track.
Not sure how that would help, those aren't coed sports. He would be better off joining clubs with a lot of chicks. Best clubs for me in HS were snowboarding club and rock climbing club. both were like 70% female.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:06 AM

291 posts, read 273,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
Not sure how that would help, those aren't coed sports. He would be better off joining clubs with a lot of chicks. Best clubs for me in HS were snowboarding club and rock climbing club. both were like 70% female.
Definitely didn't have either of those clubs at my high school...

Anyway, dude is socially awkward, wants someone that cares about him, and a GF. Joining a team sport should help with all of those in one way or another.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:15 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,009,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinh123 View Post
Your looking for a HS girlfriend. Thats usually not at the level of deep romantic connection where someone is there whenever you need them.

Really, at that age, just hang out with, be around, enjoy the company of other girls. Talk to them like their normal people. Ask them questions to learn about them and to carry interesting conversations. Offer to go hang out and do something (attend a school event, miniature golf, whatever). You will know when you have some sparks/chemistry with one of them.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:20 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,002,287 times
From someone who was picked on in HS and had low self esteem into college..... I learned to stop trying to look for others to fulfill my self worth. Look inside you...and work on your self worth and then you can look outward toward others.

Old 07-30-2015, 06:26 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,211,195 times
Start working out and doing things that will make you successful for the future. Put yourself in a position to succeed. Your confidence will increase and the awkwardness will fade.

Old 07-30-2015, 12:06 PM

576 posts, read 824,043 times
Time will take care of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships