Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 09:18 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,628,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
Had an argument lately about it with my significant other. Am I being unrealistic or over the line with my expectations? The expectations are I want to know what we have is better than anything either of us had in the past. She denies these claims saying that it doesnt work like that and it's not a competition. But isnt that the purpose of every new relationship? Taking it to the next level instead of just saying "every relationship is different". I feel like part of my thinking is ego related but I can't seem to know how to get rid of this mindset.
I don't blame you man, you want to be the The Main Meal not the dessert, The Front Row seats not the general admission seats, The New Car not the clunker she ends up with after the repossesion, The Main Event not the press conference, The Winner not the runner up, The Gold Medalist not the bronze one, The Leading Actor not the cameo actor, The Teacher not the substitute, The Main Singer not the choir, The Quarterback not the reserve player, The Head Coach not the assistant coach, The President not the press secretary, The General not the liutenent, The Manager not the shift supervisor, Mr Olympia not one of the top ten finalist,
Well you get the picture I hope this makes your day better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 11:21 AM

11,865 posts, read 16,996,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
You will destroy your relationship by insisting on this, even if it IS the best she's ever had.
No kidding.

I was talking to a guy online a while back and we made plans to meet. He kept asking me if I was excited and if I really wanted to meet. I agreed to meet but that wasn't enough for him. He needed to know that I was ****-my-pants happy about it. Even after I reassured him, he kept saying he didn't believe me. Completely turned me off.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:47 AM

613 posts, read 360,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
How long have you been with her for?
1.5 year almost

Old 07-31-2015, 02:28 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,359,946 times
I have to say that you have an interesting "take" on relationships; however, it isn't like we are buying a newer car and "trading up". Each relationship should be different and interesting and when you get into comparing one person from someone or ones in your past, therein lies the problem. You are not meaning to offend your gf it doesn't sound like to me....you just want to have the best relationship you have ever had. Maybe just change the way you word it. One thing that is very important in relationships, and that is to remember that you don't always have to be right.

Old 07-31-2015, 03:09 PM

1,400 posts, read 764,486 times
If you are referring to sex, do you really want the truth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships