Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 12:56 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,938 times

Advertisements

Get an young village girlfriend from the OLD WORLD and keep her entertained. That should solve your problems. You could be the supportive three times older boyfriend she is using and she could be somebody trying to have some fun, gain some property value, and go to lame places.

Re-invent yourself, and try not to give a damn. Stay healthy, get rid of some things, pretend your not you for one day. Have fun, SiNg-OUT-Loooudd
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 12:17 PM

88,586 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
The fastest way to make yourself unhappy is to compare yourself to others and the fastest way to raise your happiness is to become grateful for what you do have. When you become grateful you will be able to see what you're truly worth and what you have to offer others. Anyway, I'm hoping you're not too old b/c I'm 56 and have major health issues but I've met men who would like a relationship anyway despite all that so I'd say you have a fighting chance. Think of it this way--my g-ma lived to be 94--do you truly believe that your life is over at 40?
This is really important. It's one of those lessons that it took me a good part of my lifetime to learn. I always compared myself to others, and that's probably because I was one of seven kids and my mother always compared us to one another and to other people's kids.

I stopped. It's easy. I just decided one day to stop comparing myself to others, and if I caught myself doing it, I told myself to stop. It's frees you up.

Old 08-05-2015, 12:25 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,500,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
man you got it made. Enjoy life to the fuest and don't be fooled by those couples with kids. Things are not always what they seem. I have seen many couples who look happy on the surface but deep down they are not exactly happy campers. Hang in there
Maybe, maybe not. Humans are (usually) social creatures. That's why OP's here with his concern. If he had a social circle of note, then he'd be right where those other folks are and he'd be doing other things in life. If you want to cope about being single, fine. OP is trying to face his reality.

We can throw all this "40 is the new 30" bovine excrement out there, but that still doesn't solve the fact that you sound like a recluse. What are you going to do about it? Where ever you live, you best start trying to dust up a social life.

Old 08-05-2015, 01:23 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,754,623 times
yes. the cutoff was 39.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:10 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
That is not entirely unheard of.
yes, my gut feeling tells me there are more male late bloomers than female late bloomers in the world of dating and relationships, sex, whenever you hear of a person who is 25+ or 30+ years of age and never been in a relationship before, still a virgin, it's almost always guys, men you hear of

Old 08-09-2015, 12:16 PM

75 posts, read 57,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamthex1infin View Post
Do you know that it is hard that I see younger couples than me who are married and have that happy life and beautiful home. Here I am. I have a rewarding career. I do like keeping myself active but it is just hard to find a woman. I see that The younger couples they got together in college or whatever and here they have children and are happy. And they already have that nice big house in the suburbs. I just only have a town home but a decent size that can pass for a single family home. I really enjoy bike riding in the summer time and like to go ice skating in the winter. But even it hurts when I see younger couples than me who already have those wedding pictures and first child/family photos and here I have nothing. But am I too late for this now that when I go to a woman and I tell her I am 40 years old. Will she tell me I don't have a chance because my age? Please help
40 isn't too late. Your problem isn't your age it's your attitude. You sound needy and like you don't have any confidence. Big turn off. I don't want a relationship with someone who needs me to hold their hand.

I suggest you take some time and do things that make you happy. Find a passion. Take a class. When people are interesting and have things they love to do they are attractive no matter what the age. I have been attracted to men 20 years older than me because they are self-assured, interesting and have things they like to do.

Old 08-10-2015, 05:57 PM

so is the OP implying he has never had a girlfriend before?

Old 08-11-2015, 05:09 PM

sounds like the answer is yes, it's not unheard of for men to be single this long, however, even less unheard of for women to be single this long

Old 08-14-2015, 11:24 AM

it gets annoying, frustrating, pisses me off whenever people say it is never too late, you have plenty of time, better late than never, even if a guy is in his 30's or 40's and never had a girlfriend before

Old 08-14-2015, 11:31 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
The internet is full with 40+ guys looking for 20 year old girls.

If you put on a profile looking for a 35+ woman, you'll get lots of hits, I promise! There are many women your age who are looking for a stable relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships