Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 10:13 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,163,795 times

Advertisements

re long distance. i know rance has heard this one
did i ever tell you about my eharmony blond cutie in nashville? the one i emailed and phoned for a few months then took the plunge, a flight to nashville, met quasimoto in the parking lot, i kid you not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 10:14 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,837,519 times
Yes i heard about it on the Jerry Springer show......that was a freaky episode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
re long distance. i know rance has heard this one
did i ever tell you about my eharmony blond cutie in nashville? the one i emailed and phoned for a few months then took the plunge, a flight to nashville, met quasimoto in the parking lot, i kid you not.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:23 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,470,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
why did she change her phone number? Did she realize you were an elderly fat man in his early eighties?
Is this your attempt at trying to be funny?

and i don't know why she changed it?

Old 09-09-2008, 08:48 PM

6 posts, read 11,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
It is kind of crazy to give up your life for another person.. I dont think that is what is supposed to be happening.. you do not sacrafice your life for another person... In my books you are supposed to supplement that other person. If someone has to sacrifice for someone else.. all that normally happens are feelings are bent out of shape when things do not work out .. and that person thinks about all of the things they have given up to be with that person..

Personally I would never give anything up for anyone.. you take me at face value.. the way I come packaged.. if you dont like what you see.. screw ya... you dont need me.. find someone else.
I have not sacrificed anything to be with someone I am just asking how far should someone go if they truly care about a person. I am dating a guy that is in the Air Force and if I want to remain in a relationship with him I am mostly likely going to have to find a career to where I can travel at anytime if need be if we truly want to make it work. Unfortunately when your in the military it is always service before self. Eventually most people give up something for someone they love my question is how much should you have to give up?

Old 09-10-2008, 10:13 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,011,397 times
Default my little advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJM-Jenny View Post
I have not sacrificed anything to be with someone I am just asking how far should someone go if they truly care about a person. I am dating a guy that is in the Air Force and if I want to remain in a relationship with him I am mostly likely going to have to find a career to where I can travel at anytime if need be if we truly want to make it work. Unfortunately when your in the military it is always service before self. Eventually most people give up something for someone they love my question is how much should you have to give up?
I am dating a Navy man, and in 2.5 years, this is what Ive learned (so far, there's soo much more to learn )regarding your question.

1. Dont give up yourself. Its very easy to lose "you" while you're waiting for him to come home from long periods away. ( I dunno how long these periods are for Air Force...Navy is sometimes around 6-9 months Im told)

2. Dont give up a dream you've held onto for years. Postpone it, if necessary, but dont let it go. You might end up resenting it later, which will cause problems.

Give up your love, give up your loyalty, and give up your patience...he will need them all, as you will need his.

Just my 2 cents...

Old 09-10-2008, 10:53 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,691,211 times
I don't think you have to give anything up to have a LDR work. Just trust your SO and keep busy. Fortunately I work a 2 week on 2 week off schedule so I was busy and not dwelling on the fact we were so far apart. She was attending school 5 days a week so she was busy as well. We did get to see each other every other month or so and we did not waste one minute of our time together. If we wern't traveling we were snuggling on the couch watching tv and drinking tea.
I completely trust her while we are apart. We both have friends and I would never try to take that away from her. She needs those friends when I'm not there.
I know she has sacrificed some school time to travel and visit me...and with my schedule I really don't have to sacrifice anything. Our relationship just feels right to me. She is here now for a few months but will be leaving soon to return home. Only this time we will be married. I feel it's going to hurt a little more when she goes...but I'll get to see her again soon. If you have one inkling of distrust or jealousy I would advise against considering a long distance relationship. You will only drive yourself insane. I believe we are very fortunate in our relationship and it seems to be working just fine for us. I think I was blessed to meet a fine young lady that played no games and the picture she sent was actually her. I thought I knew what love was before I met her...but in reality I had no idea.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:09 PM

6 posts, read 11,032 times
I am sure about my relationship now. I realized that the main thing that I have to do is believe. If I believe that my relationship is going to work then it will. If you love someone and they truly love you they will not cheat on you or disrespect you in anyway behind your back. If it is meant to be then things will be fine. As far as the Air Force goes if we get married I will be able to live with him and he will most likely be deployed every 9-15 months to Iraq which he will stay there anywhere from 5-6 months which is not bad. I am just trying to find a career that will be suitable for me if I have to move a lot. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it. If anyone needs to talk about any problems they are having with there LDR. It is always good to have someone to talk to whenever your dealing with a LDR.

Mod cut: Not a good idea to list your email address. People can contact you via Direct message or by using the "email user" link in your profile.

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 09-11-2008 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: removed email

Old 09-15-2011, 05:24 PM

1 posts, read 879 times
ummm...i could handle it, in fact i think it could be ideal, that way u arent getting sick of one another too soon and there is always a new mystery and excitedness of renewing what you dont know about one another when u meet again....and then there are other positive things..

Old 09-15-2011, 05:27 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,962,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firekeg View Post
so, they need someone to be there physcially to feel secure?? I always thought it was emotionally secured.... If it was physically secured.... wouldn't that be considered "not being trusted"?
No, it's called 'being human'. It's natural for one to want to be near the person they commit to. There are people who can do it without batting an eye but they're the ones who are also too busy to realize you're absent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships