Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 11:08 AM

102,126 posts, read 107,402,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beweirdess View Post
Women communicate how they fell ALL THE TIME! Just learn to read body language. If you need verbal communication, it helps if you start it in an indirect way - telling her something vulnerable about yourself; that feels like permission for her to share as well. I am a very verbal person, but tend to keep quiet around people who don't seem to be into emotional talk. Also, there is this stereotype that women are drama queens and make a big deal out of nothing. So instead of speaking up, I shut up, hoping my feelings are indeed too dramatic and will go away.
Exactly. I don't see how that meshes with the OP's belief that women never say how they feel. The stereotype has always been that it's men that hold everything inside.

So much for stereotypes. See how they really don't get us anywhere? Not at all helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2015, 03:10 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,391,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hankmoodee View Post
it's called the feminine imperative, or group think aka supporting the sisterhood. google briffault's law, which states that women primarily control the dynamics of reproduction, family, and thereby some aspects of societal order and regeneration. so, female prerogative in some sense.

and you are right, only blue pill men (google it) buy into that b.s. social programing. take the red pill my friend.

oh god go to the reddit forum then, the whole "blue" "red" pill thinking is so toxic and what lead to that guy out in California that shot up that Sorority because he was a virgin and no hot girl liked him.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:44 PM

291 posts, read 273,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, people, male & female, get away with never saying how they feel because their partners let them. If you're not ok with it, work it out with your partner, or if they're not amenable and it's important to you, get another partner.

I don't know why people put up with things for so long that they find unacceptable.
So can we agree that if a partner is closed off and doesn't communicate how they feel, that that behavior is objectively "bad"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justThis View Post
I think it's total BULLS*** and it irks me to no end that so many relationships live by the credo that as long as the woman is even casually present, everything is great.
Quote:
What credo is this? I've never heard of this. This is not a "credo". This is just bad communication skills.
This is exactly what "give the person space" amounts to.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beweirdess View Post
Women communicate how they feel ALL THE TIME! Just learn to read body language. If you need verbal communication, it helps if you start it in an indirect way - telling her something vulnerable about yourself; that feels like permission for her to share as well. I am a very verbal person, but tend to keep quiet around people who don't seem to be into emotional talk. Also, there is this stereotype that women are drama queens and make a big deal out of nothing. So instead of speaking up, I shut up, hoping my feelings are indeed too dramatic and will go away.
I feel like this is possibly a troll post, but...

Quote:
Exactly. I don't see how that meshes with the OP's belief that women never say how they feel. The stereotype has always been that it's men that hold everything inside.

So much for stereotypes. See how they really don't get us anywhere? Not at all helpful.
Did you miss the part where she wrote about HOW SHE DOESN'T ACTUALLY COMMUNICATE?

Last edited by justThis; 08-24-2015 at 06:23 PM..

Old 08-24-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
[/b]

oh god go to the reddit forum then, the whole "blue" "red" pill thinking is so toxic and what lead to that guy out in California that shot up that Sorority because he was a virgin and no hot girl liked him.
I don't even know what any of that is... Are they trying to say we're in the Matrix or something?

Old 08-24-2015, 06:50 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,391,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justThis View Post
I don't even know what any of that is... Are they trying to say we're in the Matrix or something?
its the whole, women are evil, they only go for 1% of guys, they only want to rich/douchey guys and when they are older and not as "attractive" they settle for a nice guy after they got "screwed" over multiple times.

Its basically a way for a bunch of guys that dont want to take any action fixing themselves into blaming a whole gender as to why they suck with women or they only got for the top 5% of attractive women and sit behind a computer and complain.

Old 08-24-2015, 08:48 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,379,803 times
Because the object of many false relationships is to get down those panties and she knows it too. If they both just come out and say "lets shag around this time okay" ( while life would be easier this way ) she would instantly think

Basically society has made it a stupid challenge for us to reproduce or have any sexual contact at all. Educated women sees us as commodity while uneducated women are guarded by there crazy male counter parts. Usually the women who reproduce are the ones who let there guard down.

Mommy was not born a man molded her into that way. Like how a peach somehow transforms into an rose. A Water melon that was once smooth and naturally glowing with sense is now been mashed up. But of course with time it transforms into an field of grass and the peach is born again. And again, and again, and again, and again.

Most women just want to say A. Feed me money B. Make me feel happy C. Lets make baby. D. I want A-B-and-C but I am so embarassed if My parents find out because of

1. They expect me to find somebody of retarded high standards. 2. We are religious 3. We are racist.

Women are basically want to say those thing but those things are lame. It is like when you bring you gal-friend to your house and all she wants to do is watch television, play dolls, and talks about losing her virginity. That is why women are shy. You have the simple life and they do not want to sound stupid and all.

Another problem is that women plays the grown up game. Some people ( not women ) think your too old for this and that. Then it becomes about money or the house is too small.

Also women do not want to look like if her only problem is money. Some do not want to look like if your there "Sugar-daddy" or there "piggy-bank" or there "Man-meat". So the women just keeps her mouth shut unless it is bedroom. Sometimes women will just come out and say it. That is how basic some girls are. They come from broke homes, and really need a man. Other times a women feels/believes she is worth more then any man ( most 1990's self-serviant women ). So she gradually gives in but the facts remain straight.

Another factor is that women do like you but they really really want you to make the first move. It is weird but when a girl follows you around a huge chance she is thinking about doing it, even when you are not. I mean she could just be really friendly and such but seriously. Women do not want to break that command chain at all. She wants to be giving the commands but issues her when she absolutely needs to.

Again there are many other factors to compile as well. At work the women might not value your opinion. They see you as an extra arm or limb at work. In the household she might not really feel you have any idea about what she is talking about. Again imagine if anybody starts jabbering on and on about there feelings. I spent three years baby sitting somebodies wife. It was so depressing. Everyday there is crying, there is complaining, there is submissive attitude. It makes me depressed. It is like there is no love it is an simple thing to give.

In my opinion most women relationship with there spouse is sex related. It is not an friendship, or anything of that caliber. Again many women just sleep with whoever. When a woman do have an relationship ( friendship ) higher then sex it always seems to draw into sex or the idea of sex. But again women in the hen-club do not seem to have this problem.

Old 08-25-2015, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
its the whole, women are evil, they only go for 1% of guys, they only want to rich/douchey guys and when they are older and not as "attractive" they settle for a nice guy after they got "screwed" over multiple times.

Its basically a way for a bunch of guys that dont want to take any action fixing themselves into blaming a whole gender as to why they suck with women or they only got for the top 5% of attractive women and sit behind a computer and complain.
Oh, yeah I'm definitely not in that camp. Not in the "alpha/beta" camp either.

I'm actually fairly certain I'm the only one who sees things the way I do on many of the things I post about, haha.

Old 08-25-2015, 04:30 AM

1,134 posts, read 1,121,138 times
After a couple of months of dating someone, there might be red flags about the other person's behavior or habits the other person isn't used to and not willing to want in a partner.

When I wanted to end a relationship after a couple of months, I just told them that our personalities were too different and I didn't want to waste their time. I used OLD and put in my profile what I did and did not want and I was honest to the core.

The things that made me stop dating them were: lying, stealing, not being a responsible person, not having manners, common courtesy or high morals, bashing women and their mothers, wanting me to cook and clean for them, alcohol or drug abuse, being manipulative, being selfish in more than one way and expecting me to pay for the majority of things.

These were men in their 50's and a couple of them just wouldn't take no for an answer and kept bugging me. I told those two the honest truth and they wouldn't accept it. I wanted an equal partner that cooked and cleaned and was an honest person. They were the farthest from what I was looking for. I even allowed a guy to manipulate me into giving the relationship three more months and then three more months and his last attempt at three more months I bluntly told him NO, you're manipulating me and I'm not falling for it anymore. I'm done!

I quit dating because of those reasons. I don't bash men because I dated losers, I just don't know how to pick em!

Some people just aren't capable of looking in the mirror and trying to fix their flaws.

Don't blame it on women. It's a two way street.

Old 08-25-2015, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam1957 View Post
After a couple of months of dating someone, there might be red flags about the other person's behavior or habits the other person isn't used to and not willing to want in a partner.

When I wanted to end a relationship after a couple of months, I just told them that our personalities were too different and I didn't want to waste their time. I used OLD and put in my profile what I did and did not want and I was honest to the core.

The things that made me stop dating them were: lying, stealing, not being a responsible person, not having manners, common courtesy or high morals, bashing women and their mothers, wanting me to cook and clean for them, alcohol or drug abuse, being manipulative, being selfish in more than one way and expecting me to pay for the majority of things.

These were men in their 50's and a couple of them just wouldn't take no for an answer and kept bugging me. I told those two the honest truth and they wouldn't accept it. I wanted an equal partner that cooked and cleaned and was an honest person. They were the farthest from what I was looking for. I even allowed a guy to manipulate me into giving the relationship three more months and then three more months and his last attempt at three more months I bluntly told him NO, you're manipulating me and I'm not falling for it anymore. I'm done!

I quit dating because of those reasons. I don't bash men because I dated losers, I just don't know how to pick em!

Some people just aren't capable of looking in the mirror and trying to fix their flaws.

Don't blame it on women. It's a two way street.
It sounds like you communicated upfront and did so effectively... That's actually the opposite of what this thread is about...

Not sure exactly what your point is, but are you trying to say that women don't say how they feel anymore because men can't take no for an answer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships