Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 02:42 PM

118 posts, read 95,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
So that horse has left the barn.

I am not a fan of the "I was drunk!" excuse, but what are you gonna do?

If this "friend" she told is the type who would say something on social media, then you don't really want her around anyway, right? At your age, I would be more upset about the GF blowing the agreement than I would about the potential gossip.

An abortion is usually a pretty big deal for a woman. There are a few who view it as a relief and then just go on with their lives, but most women struggle with the decision for a while. Your GF may be unpredictable in the next weeks/months.

Better talk about it with her and decide what is most important. Trust should be high on the list, but her emotional state needs to be addressed.
Makes sense. Her and this friend have been on the splits for a couple months but my GF is in her wedding in October so it has made it difficult for her. You have very valid points, thanks for the input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2015, 02:43 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydspapa View Post
We have discussed the event ad nauseum since it happened and are very open.

That's great but she might need to talk to other females/friends/counselor or whomever about it.

Is she in general very chatty?
How was it for her, was she sad, relieved, emotional, ....?

Old 08-18-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
under normal circumstances I would agree.

However, an abortion is a MAJOR EVENT. MAJOR. EVENT.

Some women get depressed over it or even suicidal. Some don't giv a crap. But usually it is not just something you do real quick and move on with your life. It just recently happened. You don't know how she feels - maybe every pregnant woman or baby she sees is triggering something in her. Not being able to talk about it can damage her soul.

I think OP should not be too mad about the broken agreement in THIS SPECIAL case.
Not to minimize the event, it was medical at 5 weeks, so no procedures were done. I know of course the emotional side of it is the same but wanted to clarify.

Old 08-18-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
That's great but she might need to talk to other females/friends/counselor or whomever about it.

Is she in general very chatty?
How was it for her, was she sad, relieved, emotional, ....?
Hmmm, she was very nervous, then relieved, then very sad. She has been or seemed ok the last couple days but obviously still struggling with it. I might suggest she talk to someone professional if it would help.

Old 08-18-2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Hmmm, she was very nervous, then relieved, then very sad. She has been or seemed ok the last couple days but obviously still struggling with it. I might suggest she talk to someone professional if it would help.
Now we are getting somewhere - I would take her to a counselor before the pro life biatch causes more mental damage for her.

Old 08-18-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Now we are getting somewhere - I would take her to a counselor before the pro life biatch causes more mental damage for her.
I think you are right. This other girl is 23, has two kids with two different dads, and is marrying a third guy but thinks she is righteous because she had them. To each their own, I am pro-choice but don't tell others how to live their lives.

Old 08-18-2015, 02:52 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
This other girl is 23, has two kids with two different dads, and is marrying a third guy but thinks she is righteous because she had them.
Oh yeah, she's sure doing the world a favor.

Old 08-18-2015, 02:57 PM

Thanks all! Much appreciated.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
I think you are right. This other girl is 23, has two kids with two different dads, and is marrying a third guy but thinks she is righteous because she had them. To each their own, I am pro-choice but don't tell others how to live their lives.
Bahahahaha.

Old 08-18-2015, 03:04 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
I understand it was and is her choice, we just had some pretty clear discussion on keeping it to ourselves that were driven primarily by her. I guess it is the whole not keeping her word that has me concerned more so than the actual act of telling.
Maybe she thought that since you didn't care if the secret was out, that it didn't matter so much if she spilled the beans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships