Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 05:52 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMfan View Post
Other than the usuals (no smokers, heavy drinkers, or kids) I will also try not to date anyone whose last name starts with 'S'. If on the off-chance we were to marry, my initials would be ASS. No thanks!
Bwhahaha. It would put a new spin on the monogrammed towels. Maybe visitors would think that is where they should be used...lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2015, 04:53 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMfan View Post
Other than the usuals (no smokers, heavy drinkers, or kids) I will also try not to date anyone whose last name starts with 'S'. If on the off-chance we were to marry, my initials would be ASS. No thanks!

I know a guy who named his son Austin Sean S...... on purpose because he thought it would be funny to have ASS initials!

Old 10-02-2015, 11:18 PM

579 posts, read 555,761 times
functioning alcoholics or substance abuse issues (briefly dated a few, even worse than the drinking is that they are usually covering up some mental issue), men with no sense of humor. Probably more but I can't think of them at the moment. But surprisingly there are a lot of young men (20's) who have some type of substance abuse problem these days..

Old 10-03-2015, 09:44 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I don't think you will have a problem there. I imagine women with a shoe size above 12 are extremely rare.
They do exist, but they have to shop online or in specialty stores. I'm 6'1" and I wear an 11, which is usually the highest size you'll find in regular stores and still the inventory will be limited.

There IS a place in NYC that advertises pink high heels up to size 14, but their customer base isn't women.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
Hmmm. Danny Devito? He doesn't have a Southern accent. A turn off for me is pot smokers or any kind of smoker.
I wondered about that, too. Danny Devito is from NJ.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargobound View Post
It usually means they're too ugly to have a friend take a picture.
Could just mean they don't want anyone to know they're doing online dating. You would have to explain what you want the picture for. If I were ever to try again, I wouldn't tell anybody. I wouldn't take a picture in my bathroom, though, lol.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:22 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
I'm not a fan of beaver teeth

Old 10-17-2015, 12:40 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
I thought of this thread today when I was talking to my trainer. There is a new restaurant that plans to put crickets on the menu. We talked about not being too keen on eating crickets. And he was like that's a deal breaker. Women who eat crickets. Can you imagine trying to kiss someone who has cricket legs stuck in their teeth. I was laughing so hard and trying not to drop the kettlebells.

But there you have it, this is an unusual deal breaker. :P

Old 10-17-2015, 06:14 PM

49 posts, read 58,593 times
I would have to say someone who eats really like a slob - i.e., licks their fingers (audibly...I have chills thinking about it), food in the corners of their mouth, etc. I'm not sure if that's strange, but I hate that. It's disgusting! It really is a turn off to me. LOL

Another one: people who vape or smoke e-cigs. I really hate the sickly sweet smell of e-liquid. To me, it's almost just as bad, if not even worse than the smell of regular cigarette smoke. Is that strange? I don't know.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:31 PM

154 posts, read 127,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicheart7 View Post

Another one: people who vape or smoke e-cigs. I really hate the sickly sweet smell of e-liquid. To me, it's almost just as bad, if not even worse than the smell of regular cigarette smoke. Is that strange? I don't know.
Yep ^

Regular smoking is a deal-breaker for me, all day long...

Another deal breaker that may seem weird, is cleanliness. Not just personal hygiene, but if she's a slob around her home, I cannot deal... at all. (I guess this isn't really weird)

Edit: can't forget bad breath. no Bueno.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships