Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 11:40 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,578,467 times

Advertisements

The truth shall set you free!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2015, 12:09 AM

12 posts, read 11,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
A man/parent that truly wants to be with their daughter will move heaven and earth to be with her.
Sure, I guess I could uproot myself, quit my job that I just got and move 8 hours back to live in a town with no job opportunities and a 1000 people..that's what you suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
If you pay support, you have rights. I call bs on not being able to see her unless you did something unlawful.
Well, you can call whatever you want, but I did nothing unlawful. I could get an attorney and fight I suppose, you got 5000 dollars to get started? Because that was the quote that I got last time, notice thats JUST TO START, and even then it doesn't mean anything, they could pull her into court, tell her to let me see her and I still wouldn't be able to, happened to a buddy of mine, he brought his ex to court 6 times, still can't see his kid.

Old 08-23-2015, 12:11 AM

12 posts, read 11,279 times
So, I know I started this about CS, but I started thinking of hypothetical situations, what if a person got arrested but got the arrest expunged and/or sealed, should they have to tell someone that they are dating that they got arrested even though there is no record of it? The law states that if a record is expunged and/or sealed, that you can legally deny it.

What if you change your name? Let's say a person started over and changed their name, would they have to tell that too? I mean where does that line cross?

Old 08-23-2015, 05:18 AM

230 posts, read 228,611 times
TRUTH; it sets you free

Old 08-23-2015, 05:31 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username_1 View Post
Thats exactly what the brother thinks, she is like 8 hours away and i have tried calling numerous times and leaving voicemail messages, what would you have me do?
What you should have done is file for a visitation court order and file contempt charges every time the mother withheld the daughter.

Old 08-23-2015, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
If you pay support, you have rights. I call bs on not being able to see her unless you did something unlawful.
Even if they do not pay they still have rights.

Old 08-23-2015, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Sure, I guess I could uproot myself, quit my job that I just got and move 8 hours back to live in a town with no job opportunities and a 1000 people..that's what you suggest?

Well, you can call whatever you want, but I did nothing unlawful. I could get an attorney and fight I suppose, you got 5000 dollars to get started? Because that was the quote that I got last time, notice thats JUST TO START, and even then it doesn't mean anything, they could pull her into court, tell her to let me see her and I still wouldn't be able to, happened to a buddy of mine, he brought his ex to court 6 times, still can't see his kid.
You can march right into your local court house, locate the pro we office and they will hand you the papers to fill out for free, then you pay a small filing fee. $120 in the state I live in, which happens to be one of the more expensive states.

Old 08-23-2015, 06:08 AM

3,952 posts, read 2,572,591 times
Quote:
So, I know I started this about CS, but I started thinking of hypothetical situations, what if a person got arrested but got the arrest expunged and/or sealed, should they have to tell someone that they are dating that they got arrested even though there is no record of it? The law states that if a record is expunged and/or sealed, that you can legally deny it.

What if you change your name? Let's say a person started over and changed their name, would they have to tell that too? I mean where does that line cross?
Anything as important or similar to these need to be shared. It is the decent thing to do. And if she found out some other way, it would backfire on you.

Tell her in a discussion about being exclusive or during the time you both agree you are committed to each other, whether that is when you move in together or marriage. Certainly BEFORE she makes a big committment. If she is then woman you think she is, all will be fine. But if she can't love all of you, it's better to know now.

Because if she wouldn't, love you despite the fact it is in the past or in the face of a name change but you're honest, there are bound to be other problems due to not seeing eye to eye.

And yes, do go to court. Is your daughter almost 18? You need to let your daughter know you want her in your life before the daughter gives up on wanting a relationship. Best wishes.

Last edited by Wild Flower; 08-23-2015 at 06:38 AM..

Old 08-23-2015, 06:25 AM

3,952 posts, read 2,572,591 times
Another point about honesty.

Do you want to try telling, if she found out... But dear legally , I didn't have to tell you.

Tell her. Honesty counts.

P.S... It wonderful you have found someone that brings up these questions. Be brave for love.

Last edited by Wild Flower; 08-23-2015 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: For clarity

Old 08-23-2015, 07:07 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
You can make all sorts of excuses for not seeing her, but the truth of the matter is if you wanted to be in your child's life you would be. And yes, many people will judge you harshly even if you continued to pay child support. Deservedly so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships