Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 06:34 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,401 times

Advertisements

I've been googled by lots of people I met online, I don't see what the big deal is. Heck, my boss googled me before hiring me (and that's not as serious as a young mother letting a stranger around her kids).

OP, if you have a problem with it, end it now and let go. But ask yourself, do you really want to be around the type of woman who doesn't care who she is dating? Doesn't care about the safety of her kids? Etc?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 06:36 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,037 times
OP...welcome...to the Future.

If I were you....I would google myself...so at least I know what everyone else sees.

You also should consider googling your user ID's...on dating sites, on internet forums....etc...

You might be surprised...to see what your internet self has been up to when you were not watching.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:41 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,889,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOTRfan283 View Post
I guess that she figured that I was right. In her defense she said, she has two small children and I get that, I do, but I still feel like it is wrong. I told her that anyone could write anything about someone online that is not true, and she reassured me that she was only looking for background stuff. Thats fine, but I still feel like I have been violated and I do not like it. The funny thing was that I googled her last night and she had told me that she had gotten into trouble for obstructing a highway, and come to find out it was a DWI. So I don't know how I feel about that. I am not a judgmental person and I do let a lot of things slide. Other than this, we have gotten along great and I would hate to have to walk away from this.
No, I don't think you get that, because you would be better able to put yourself in her shoes if you did.

Before she knew you well, she contemplated the safety of herself and her children and checked to make sure you were who you said you were. Did she find anything that wasn't true? Did she find anything that made her not want to be with you? Nope! How were you violated? She didn't trust you completely then, maybe she does now. She cared enough about her children to follow up...isn't that the kind of woman you want to be with? One who is cautious first and considers her own needs second? I would NEVER be with a guy who would be upset with me for checking him out first...most of the guys I date are fathers themselves and seem to appreciate that I'm smart enough to follow up.

A man who has nothing to hide, hides nothing...

Don't throw away a good thing. If you do, you ARE judgemental.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:46 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,305,849 times
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

Welcome to 2015!

Old 08-25-2015, 06:56 AM

Does this thread apply?

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...dating-he.html

Old 08-25-2015, 06:58 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
That could be a false story.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:59 AM

103 posts, read 88,617 times
She didnt find anything on me because there is nothing to hide, about me anway. I dont have a good relationship wth my family. A recent search today revealed my family's names, addresses, ages, and email addresses. Im sorry but thats beyond creepy. I understand that she looked me up, but i told her that im an honest person and i am. I do not lie to people. If she would bave asked, i would have told her the truth no matter what.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:00 AM

Well, move on then. Just expect it in the future...even with IRL dating.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:00 AM

103 posts, read 88,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
Not me sorry

Old 08-25-2015, 07:03 AM

Well, that is good it is not you. My point was, why didn't this person google before the date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships