Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 07:33 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrysun1205 View Post
Exactly mind point. When they started out fresh in dating they could have not given a crap about you. Then when their marriage falls apart and you go on a date with you they flirt like crazy with you and think that you are God and just sucker you in to play the new daddy to your kid . Their kid will ALWAYS !!!!!!! be higher priority over you. No matter what!!! And it is dead on true : and someone who had prior commitments in his 30s such as advancing career and helping out families. It is not seen by some of these young woman. These young woman like u keep saying want the younger guy who has the rich mommy and daddy to pay for their wedding and pay a huge amount of cash on their first home versus a person who established his career by himself . What is wrong with this world???
This explains a lot. Now, I know why you are single and having such a hard time finding women to date. You have an attitude that comes across as very angry. I don't think the world has a problem.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:34 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,312,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLuce View Post
I think that people enjoy dating until they NEED to date. Let me elaborate. When you are young, and you have your whole life ahead of you, dating is fun - you meet alot of people, some are cool, some don't work out, but in the end, you enjoyed yourself. However, when you are older, and you want someone special in your life, dating becomes difficult - you meet ALOT of people, few are cool, many don't work out, and its frustrating that you haven't found "the one." It's all a matter of perspective. I suggest you re-evaluate your outlook on life and know that when the time is right, you may find the right one. In the meantime, try to enjoy dating like you did in the good ol' days.
Very good post.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:37 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post

I really don't understand the issue. I am 40, and I have a teenager. I wouldn't expect any man I was dating to be "responsible" for my child no matter the age.
This. Many women over the age of 35 have kids who are teenagers or older.

Plus, believe it or not, not all women with kids are single mothers who have always been solely responsible for her kids, and not all the dads are MIA. Lots of women, perhaps most, share the responsibility of caring for the kids with the kids' dad. And many of those dads are highly-paid professionals who are very active in their kids lives and who play a significant role in financially supporting them. So, OP, I think you're worrying too much about having to be responsible for the kids of a woman you date.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:39 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Dude, you are 40. Reality check. Find a chick with a kid that's out of the house already. Women who want a man 15 yrs older than them are rare.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:41 AM

361 posts, read 333,840 times
Sidenote: Whoever started this whole nonsense about a guy paying for a wedding. Are you guys out of your mind? Can you think of anything more stupid financially than spending thousands of dollars on a wedding? If a woman wants to do that, she better find someone to fund it cuz sure as hell it ain't gonna be me.

Men in this country needs to stop being suckers and start standing up for themselves.

Last month, I heard my boss, a very highly educated person say that his wife was spending thousands of dollars every month on credit cards and he did not know what to do. I don't care how much education this guy has, still a sucker.

Stop being suckers and start investing in yourself!

Old 08-27-2015, 07:43 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,705,993 times
Quote:
I am responsible.
That doesn't say anything. Are you saying every single woman who has a child and has lost their partner is irresponsible? The college graduate with a kid whose husband died tragically at a young age? (Happened to a friend of mine.) The nurse whose husband of 10 years decides to move in with his receptionist?

None of that shows irresponsibleability. You don't think that every single mother is an underemployed **** with multiple kids from various baby-daddies do you?

Old 08-27-2015, 07:51 AM

13 posts, read 11,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
This explains a lot. Now, I know why you are single and having such a hard time finding women to date. You have an attitude that comes across as very angry. I don't think the world has a problem.
No. I don't have a problem. I dated and it just didn't work out. I am young at at the time I just didn't find the right person. And you think that helping out families and other commitments are wrong????? Or working to advance your career. Maybe some of us don't have well off families who throw tons of cash out on their kids wedding and marry their kids off at the age of 25. Some of us have commitments and should be understanding
That dating had to be delayed.. If the person got married and divorced with kids they should have realized that they should have made their marriage work out and not throw their problems on someone with a clean slate who is ready to have his own family and wants his own family. It is the divorced person problem and they should have made their marriage work from the get go...

Old 08-27-2015, 07:53 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,703,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaConservative View Post
No offense but this forum is full of people with very limiting, negative views. I hate to keep using some concepts like a and b. But a people speak their minds and don't care about "turning off" women, b people are people pleasers

If you don't want children, the best thing you can do is to be straightforward about it, who cares what a woman thinks.

Guys, stop being people pleasers and start investing in yourself: confidence, self-esteem and personal development
I'm not saying don't be upfront about it, I am just saying look at how you portray yourself. Being negative is self-limiting and a turn off to most people when dating.

Look at it this way, if a woman A puts in her profile, "No jerks, no users, no unambitious men!" and women B puts in her profile, "looking for a good man to have a longterm relationship with and build a future with" who "sounds" better on paper. They are both asking for the same thing, just one is negative and the other is upbeat. Who sounds "better" to you?

Old 08-27-2015, 07:55 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
This. Many women over the age of 35 have kids who are teenagers or older.

Plus, believe it or not, not all women with kids are single mothers who have always been solely responsible for her kids, and not all the dads are MIA. Lots of women, perhaps most, share the responsibility of caring for the kids with the kids' dad. And many of those dads are highly-paid professionals who are very active in their kids lives and who play a significant role in financially supporting them. So, OP, I think you're worrying too much about having to be responsible for the kids of a woman you date.

Can't say I met a 35 yo with a teen child. Most 35-40 yos I've dated have kids 3-8 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Dude, you are 40. Reality check. Find a chick with a kid that's out of the house already. Women who want a man 15 yrs older than them are rare.
So are these women everywhere I've lived. THat would mean they had a kid 20-22!!! LOL, haven't seen that happen among anyone I've ever known!

Old 08-27-2015, 07:56 AM

11,795 posts, read 12,033,106 times
Quote:
I

I didn't have the opportunity to get married in my late 20s and early 30scas I had other commitments. So I should get that chance. I am a guy. I thought that guys biological clock doesn't tick like a woman's
You made your choices, now you're dealing with the consequences of those choices. No woman needs to do you a favour and give you a chance because of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships