Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2015, 08:16 AM

540 posts, read 1,910,587 times

Advertisements

Can a person meet their partner in life, like the one they are meant to marry and have kids with but later on meet a person who is your soul mate who is someone you can't stop thinking about and vice versa, the one you definitely click with and mesh perfectly together? I think rarely do people find both in the same person and I think it is common that people meet their meant to be but never their real soul mate. Sorry if this all sounds confusing. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it well. Personally, I think there are many people that can be your meant to be, the one you share a house with and have children but then I think there is your soul mate which is harder to find but when you do, things just click instantly, like a physical shock in your system and maybe this person is one who may have previous life experiences with as well as future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2015, 08:26 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
I don't believe in soulmates or "the one" or "meant to be" as though fate were involved. I do think there are many people who are suited for us. Seven billion humans aren't the product of soulmates and special snowflakes meant just for one person. If that were true, odds are that your soulmate lives in China, not in your immediate proximity. The life you make together and the people you become--that's what is important.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:27 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I don't believe in soulmates or "the one" or "meant to be" as though fate were involved. I do think there are many people who are suited for us. Seven billion humans aren't the product of soulmates and special snowflakes meant just for one person. If that were true, odds are that your soulmate lives in China, not in your immediate proximity. The life you make together and the people you become--that's what is important.
Agree.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:15 AM

230 posts, read 228,658 times
You seem to be engrossed in too many romance related movies; or Disney; that's it;real life vs scripted fantasies

Old 08-28-2015, 09:35 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Love is not enough
Soulmates, true one love, meant to be with, etc... are all creations of script, movie, and books..

Old 08-28-2015, 09:39 AM

4,380 posts, read 4,450,358 times
I believe a person has many soul mates in many different forms of relationships, not just romantic. I also believe that the love of your life and your soul mate are not necessarily the same person.

If they are, that means I am done and have been since my LH died in 2008 when I was 34. I also think you can have a life partner who is not meant to be anything more than your best friend.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:40 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
I don't really believe in "meant to be" or soulmates.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:46 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
I believe in degrees of love.

There are some people you will love more than others. If you are lucky enough to snag the ONE you've had the highest degree of love for, then you've got your soul mate.

Old 08-29-2015, 11:04 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
I believe in soulmates, I just don't believe that because someone is your soulmate it means they are meant to be with you forever. I think sometimes you meet someone and something is different..you connect in a strong way even at first, you feel like you've known them and were meant to meet them..I think these people come into our lives however for a reason, to teach us something.
One of my most profound and ultimately painful relationships was IMO a soulmate relationship...I don't want to get into what I was going through at the time, but I do feel he was sent to me at a crossroads in my life, for a specific reason.....after the lessons were learned, we were (IMO) meant to separate, I didn't need him anymore (although I thought I did at the time).

Old 08-29-2015, 11:42 AM

191 posts, read 220,763 times
I don't know if I believe in soulmates, or 'the one', but I always felt my boyfriend & I should be together. We dated years ago, parted ways, had other relationships, children... we have gotten back together and going strong. Now he says things like "We are supposed to be together".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships