Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 08:11 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,735,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Ladies, his girlfriend doesn't own him. That's the problem with your attitude. Therefore, if OP wants to meat with the guy, she's not stealing anything. He's a big boy and whatever blame is there to be, lays on him. If he cheats, he cheats, not the OP. OP is just having good time with a guy whom she seems to like.

She decided to break off with him. Her choice. I'd say it's probably the smartest choice, but not because she has no right to talk to that guy, more because he's not likely to break away from his GF if he didn't do it already.

His girlfriend may not own him, but I feel like even the OP knows that it is getting into a moral gray area. It doesn't mean she can't be friends with a guy who has a girlfriend, but you shut down romantic talk because you owe it to yourself to respect the boundaries that you would want to have respected.

And you are right on one thing - that if the she met up with the guy and they were to cheat.... the OP would be relegated to the role of Good Time Girl, not Relationship Girl if that is her goal. It's all about which part do you want to play and what role will you accept for scraps of attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 08:34 AM

19,714 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
Ladies, his girlfriend doesn't own him. That's the problem with your attitude. Therefore, if OP wants to meat with the guy, she's not stealing anything. He's a big boy and whatever blame is there to be, lays on him. If he cheats, he cheats, not the OP. OP is just having good time with a guy whom she seems to like.

She decided to break off with him. Her choice. I'd say it's probably the smartest choice, but not because she has no right to talk to that guy, more because he's not likely to break away from his GF if he didn't do it already.
I'm gonna agree with you. It's all fairly harmless til someone catches feelings. But there definitely comes a time when enough is enough and if it ain't goin nowhere, why even bother.. No need to go all dramatic & block the dude, (unless you're IN LOVE) . . . just get your mind right & give him the fade.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:11 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
No need to go all dramatic & block the dude, (unless you're IN LOVE) . . . just get your mind right & give him the fade.
It's not dramatic. It's practical, and it's not for him, it's for her.

She's gonna go through withdrawals from all the attention he's been giving her, and blocking him will help her "get her mind right."

Old 09-03-2015, 09:18 AM

3,032 posts, read 4,735,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

She's gonna go through withdrawals from all the attention he's been giving her, and blocking him will help her "get her mind right."
That and - she won't be subjected to seeing this guy and this girl's relationship on social media anymore. All it would take is one too many Natty Lights (is that still what college kids drink these days?) at a party to come back and post something about it on a picture of the two of them she posted or something.

Just easier to delete him and call it a day.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:32 AM

19,714 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:

Lol, blocking is like theee most dramatic action a woman can take apart from setting a man's car on fire.. I agree with the OP when she states it would just make things "awkward".. !

Old 09-03-2015, 09:53 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Lol, blocking is like theee most dramatic action a woman can take apart from setting a man's car on fire.. I agree with the OP when she states it would just make things "awkward".. !

Talk about dramatic.

There are about 50 steps in between blocking him on social media and setting his car on fire.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:44 AM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Nope.

The definition of cheating is getting a reward through dishonesty, or acting unfairly to gain an advantage. The OP is certainly doing both.

If a single person is involved with a committed person, to the point that the single person would have to lie upon meeting the SO, they are definitely cheating too.

I love this reminder on what the definition of cheating actually is. It takes away all the excuses that come when you want to justify something you know is wrong. Like the "catch feelings." That makes my brain implode a little. It takes away all responsibility. "I was just walking by and boom!!! Caught feelings, not my fault. It's contagious." Bull, if you don't put yourself in these type of situations you don't end up with inappropriate emotions for inappropriate people.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-03-2015, 01:44 PM

18,086 posts, read 15,670,593 times
Well feelings do happen but what we are responsible for is what we choose to do or not do ... aka our actions and how we conduct ourselves. Having feelings, whatever they may be, is not an excuse to act in way that will harm another person. Sure, people rationalize it all the time, but it's still wrong and they know it even when they pretend they don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships