Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 08:46 AM

565 posts, read 432,631 times

Advertisements

Move on bud, she has tested the market and you still beat out anything else available to her as of now. That is all it really is. You guys are still young, still developing and growing - enjoy this time, experience other people - other women. She didn't change at all, she is just trying to convince you to get back together. SHe would force herself to pretend to want intimacy for a short period of time and then would go back to same ole same ole, guaranteed. Move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 03:42 PM

12 posts, read 6,852 times
First off thanks everyone for the feed back, amazing to hear other responses.

It's not that I want a dude with a vagina lol but more of an out going girlfriend/not afraid to get dirty a little dirty in terms of hiking or w/e.

Maybe she wasn't attracted to me anymore which could be possible but it never seemed like that was the case but you could be right.

I feel like your opinions are right and I need to be single for a bit to really see what I want in life/ a partner. Thanks again everyone!

Old 09-02-2015, 05:42 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,334,819 times
I love polish guys I'll be your new gf.jak sie masz?

Old 09-02-2015, 06:14 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
I love polish guys I'll be your new gf.
For a week!!

Old 09-02-2015, 06:15 PM

282 posts, read 219,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
I love polish guys I'll be your new gf.jak sie masz?
LOL. Is that polish? That's Borat talk. LOL. And I know Borat is not Poish. He lives in Kazakhstan. LOL.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:33 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,334,819 times
It means how are you in polish

Old 09-02-2015, 06:38 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justasimplyguy View Post

However, there are a few things holding me back. 1) it's been two months how much could she really change?
She said she was on meds to balance her hormones, that's how. Hormones can seriously affect a person's psychology. Apparently she figured out that the main problem in the relationship was a hormonal imbalance she had, plus the oral contraceptives, which also can dampen a woman's libido. It's too bad she didn't figure this out earlier.

So, yes, it's possible she's changed. However, if you seem happy being single, you should enjoy that. You can date her, but also be single, you know. She said she wanted to take it slowly, so take her at her word (see if she means what she says), and see her occasionally while you're hanging out with your buddies, and socializing with others. Then see if you two "click".

Or....not, if it seems like you two didn't really get along that well anyway (aside from the mismatched libido issue). BTW, "the pill" can also cause women to bloat and gain weight. So if she's off it, it makes sense she's lost weight and is feeling better about herself. So, if you start seeing her, you'd have to decide what form of bc to use, if you decide to get that involved with her.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:14 PM

12 posts, read 6,852 times
no on the contrary we were best fest friends actually. We were a great match in terms of "hanging out" just not going out. I enjoy having a few drinks and socializing maybe go to a bar or w/e but that wasn't one of hers so I would do that on my own with friends.

It's strange that when we were together I couldn't imagine my life without her, she was "the one" I was going to put a ring on it. I have been planning how to propose for years now so when the day comes that we were both ready it would be absolutely perfect because in my heart I know she deserves everything a man can possibly give to her. But when she left me it surprised me how quickly I bounced back and picked myself up. Maybe that's just who I am or maybe because I think it's for the best I'm not sure.

At this point in time i'm really enjoying being single. I like the attention that i'm receiving from girls now that I'm "available". It makes me feel wanted and makes me feel more like a man something that I wasn't getting from her. She would say all i'm interested in is sex which wasn't true it was just one aspect of our relationship I wasn't happy with. She almost made me feel bad for being horny for her, and I could never understand how she reciprocated less.

I feel like it's such a tough call. Do I let her go and risk losing a wonderful girl. Or do I enjoy being single, work on myself, date new people and experience new things and hope someone else will enter into my life and touch my heart more than she has. Or will i regret letting her go for the rest of my life........

Old 09-03-2015, 05:57 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,922,283 times
writing is on the wall
she found someone else...
move on and focus on you...enjoy other women...
marriage is the leading cause of divorce, its the last thing you want to rush into, especially as young as you are
wait until you are 30 and have had a few more relation****s before you consider marriage

Old 09-03-2015, 07:44 AM

5,294 posts, read 5,233,524 times
You would be amazed how many wonderful and awesome girls there are out there. The search for the right one is half the fun.

In re-reading your initial post, everything your ex is saying she will be is what she hasnt been for 8 years. People are who they are. She's checking off the boxes of attributes that you desire, in order to fill your request. I think you realize it is not what she really is. She has shown you who she really is, and will revert back to that mean when you get back together. She can't help it, its who she is.

You will find someone and fall in love with them for exactly who they are, not who they will change to be for you. Do yourself that favor, wait for that person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships