Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 01:19 PM

290 posts, read 567,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Wait....what?

You expect your new husband to live with you and your SISTER????

And you have plenty of money so he doesn't pay a thing anyway?

What exactly do you see in this guy, and why oh why did you choose to procreate with him?

The baby will come out with its hand out too...
I have a house so it doesn't make sense if my husband and I rent an apartment and rent my house to someone else. My sister has been living with me even before I married my husband.

I dont have plenty of money but I can afford to pay a mortgage and all my other bills. My husband makes more than me. But he likes nice things so he buys expensive stuff. He has a huge car payment because he drives an expensive sport car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 01:20 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missganda View Post
I have a house so it doesn't make sense if my husband and I rent an apartment and rent my house to someone else. My sister has been living with me even before I married my husband.

I dont have plenty of money but I can afford to pay a mortgage and all my other bills. My husband makes more than me. But he likes nice things so he buys expensive stuff. He has a huge car payment because he drives an expensive sport car.

You mean you both have a house together!

Old 09-03-2015, 01:21 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
Do you have any brothers I could marry?

Old 09-03-2015, 01:21 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,642,078 times
The lady has her own home and the sister lives with her. She and sister pay the bills. He doesn't feel its his home so statusquo prevailed and he helps his family and let's these two continue to foot the bills. Why would he think differently? Did your husband want to get married or was marriage due to pregnancy? Doesn't sound like he's in it for the long haul. Very unhealthy start. Anyway you cut the pie you settled for the smallest piece.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Do you have any brothers I could marry?

I just want to move in since she likes to support others.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
First, get the idea out of your head that it is HIS money. It isn't. Just as YOUR money isn't yours. It is the couple's money.

You're sounding more like roommates than a married couple.

Eh, not really, depending on where you are. The equity from pre-marriage is hers generally, the gains and equity build post marriage is 50/50 (dependent on state law).

But yeah, she's not looking at things like they're a partnership.
Take a look at the Marital Properties Act then the Defacto Act.

In Australia, the Marital Properties Act is a massive volume, yet the defacto act is just a few pages.

That's because legally speaking, MARRIAGE IS A CONTRACT.

It is viewed the same way by every court, everywhere - things are divided 50/50 (unless kids involved) BECAUSE -

Marriage is a CONTRACT where you literally become one individual in the eyes of the Law.

Why folk rush into this, is beyond me.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Take a look at the Marital Properties Act then the Defacto Act.

In Australia, the Marital Properties Act is a massive volume, yet the defacto act is just a few pages.

That's because legally speaking, MARRIAGE IS A CONTRACT.

It is viewed the same way by every court, everywhere - things are divided 50/50 (unless kids involved) BECAUSE -

Marriage is a CONTRACT where you literally become one individual in the eyes of the Law.

Why folk rush into this, is beyond me.

In the U.S., generally it is post marital acquisitions/gains that are split 50/50. What you come in with, you leave with.

It isn't 50/50 across the board. It is 50/50 (with some flexibility) of what is gained AFTER marriage.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:

OP - husbands are supposed to TAKE CARE OF THEIR FAMILIES.

You have taken this guys husbandly duties, right out of his hands.

Support us? don't bother!! Keep a roof over our heads and food in our mouths? DONE!

So what in effect you have is a poolboy, at best.

No wonder he doesn't feel husbandly.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:26 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,392,322 times
Quote:
We discussed that were gonna share expenses. I don't mind paying for the house because its my house but I expect him to pay for other expenses like food, groceries etc. I don't ask him about his money. I know he has student loans, a car loan and he gives his parents money every month. Sometimes I feel that theyre taking advantage of him. One day his sister who lives with his parents lost the house key. My husband ended up paying the cost to replace it.

We've known each other for a while then we started dating. We both wanted to start a family but we weren't expecting its gonna be this soon.
It's not your house. It is yours and your husbands house, whether he would get half if you divorce. I don't understand why you pay the bills if he makes more than you, although it's your business what you both do with the money you both earn.

You both need to get on the same page about money, whatever it is.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:28 PM

52,278 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
We got married after dating for about a year. Now, were expecting our first baby. Im not a selfish girl and definitely Im not greedy.

After we got married, he moved in with me at my house. He doesn't pay anything since Ive been paying the mortgage and I can afford it, Ive never asked him to share payment with me. I have a sister who lives with me who pays our bills for electricity and water. He pays for food sometimes.

I try to understand him why he cant share much on our expenses because he gives his parents $500 a month to help them with their bills. The other day, his mom texted him asking to help his sister financially to get the A/C of her car fixed. He gave them money. They rely on him because they know he makes good money.

Before it wouldnt bother me if he helps them but now, were gonna have our own family and I need him to save money for us. How are you guys gonna react if you were in my situation?
You're living situation is completely bizarre to me.

All this his and mine talk is odd as hell to me.

You both sound like you're about 22 yrs old.

When you get married it should ours, as in community stuff.

You two sound more like roommates, as someone already said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships