Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2015, 06:07 PM

6,736 posts, read 4,418,450 times

Advertisements

Being a virgin is nothing to be worried or concerned about. If in your late 20's or even 30. Think what the issue might be. As mentioned, seek out the same in experience. Learn together. You never know, the one you choose, might be the one. Or, have a few beers, and get it over with! Lots of times, the first time can be disappointing.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:09 PM

290 posts, read 214,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
You are not the norm. You are not looking for a long-term, monogamous relationship. Most other people are.

It is going to be very frustrating for someone with significant relationship experience to attempt to have a satisfying, intimate relationship with someone who has no long-term relationship experience.
i had no long-term relationship experience..and yet i did fine being with someone who did.

not everyone is the same...which is the point im trying to make in this thread.

Old 11-23-2015, 06:19 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kCity33 View Post
i had no long-term relationship experience..and yet i did fine being with someone who did.

not everyone is the same...which is the point im trying to make in this thread.
According to your previous posts, you have no long-term relationship experience still.

Plus, you are still in college. Most college kids don't have a lot of long-term relationship experience anyway, so there is not much of a gap in the first place.

It's going to be a lot different for someone in their 30's or 40's. A 40 year old is going to have a hard time maintaining a long term relationship with someone who is just starting out in this realm.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:05 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
I think she was probably more of a professional…
I was there. She carried herself like a hood rat. The point is, someone who was very undesirable in her behavior basically looked at me strange for wanting to be a virgin, and furthermore, I wondered why I attracted undesirable types.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:18 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I was there. She carried herself like a hood rat. The point is, someone who was very undesirable in her behavior basically looked at me strange for wanting to be a virgin, and furthermore, I wondered why I attracted undesirable types.
You missed my meaning. I meant a professional as in the "oldest profession."

Old 11-23-2015, 09:36 PM

2,209 posts, read 2,317,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
Already listed my potential deal-breaking characteristics upthread, dear.

But guess what? If he's Mr. RIGHT they won't be deal-breakers for HIM.

You and a few other virgins on this thread seem to feel entitled to chances with whoever you want. It doesn't work that way. You're not entitled to a chance with someone who doesn't want to give you one, for whatever reason. If I don't want to give a man a chance based on the color of his shoelaces, I don't have to. I suggest you fellas who are so upset about people not wanting to date virgins instead focus on finding those who are willing to date you. You're not changing any minds here.
Why did you call me dear? And why lump me in with the virgin crowd simply because I don't agree with degrading or ridiculing or labeling older people who are virgins? I stick up for many people; doesn't mean I have to be part of the group for which I am defending.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:57 PM

3,376 posts, read 6,105,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmy00 View Post
I honestly would be very concerned by a man who was still a virgin past 30. A lot of men are NOT virgins by choice..

I have only met one guy like this, he was 33 and he was my friend's cousin. I was 20-21 at the time I knew him. he was a very strange dude. He was too superficial for his own good and would talk about how his type was blondes. He also had no self awareness, I do not think he understood at all where he stood on the totem pole of attractiveness. He was pretty overweight and not good looking in the face, beady eyes, weird expression. So he went after all these girls that were clearly better looking than him and he got rejected every time. He wasn't particularly interesting or charming either. he once said "I determine who is in my league". I have not talked to him in a while, but he will probably end up a 40 year old virgin.
This is a little disenheartening being that I'm basically at that age.
I've never been asked out, and the few times I've done the asking, it went nowhere.

I guess the only things people like myself can do is continue focusing on our resource building efforts.
Or get into some life-risking profession to at least one day, go out with a bang, as opposed to a quiet whimper watching soaps, lol

Old 11-24-2015, 02:42 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Probably a hooker. Probably mocking you.

Old 11-24-2015, 03:36 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,483,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentstrider View Post
This is a little disenheartening being that I'm basically at that age.
I've never been asked out, and the few times I've done the asking, it went nowhere.
If you're 33 and you've only asked out a few women in your entire adulthood, that's pretty much guaranteeing you'll end up alone. Try asking a few women a month. That's what my nephew did. He got rejected a lot, but he also went out with a lot of women, had a good amount of fun, and had one great love before he died. Not trying to be morbid, but he was your age when he passed. The truth is we never know when our number is up. If you really want to find someone, you're going to have to put yourself out there and start asking more women out.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:37 AM

5,510 posts, read 9,492,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJade View Post
If you're 33 and you've only asked out a few women in your entire adulthood, that's pretty much guaranteeing you'll end up alone. Try asking a few women a month. That's what my nephew did. He got rejected a lot, but he also went out with a lot of women, had a good amount of fun, and had one great love before he died. Not trying to be morbid, but he was your age when he passed. The truth is we never know when our number is up. If you really want to find someone, you're going to have to put yourself out there and start asking more women out.
I can't speak for bentstrider, but I don't meet a few women a month to ask. Are you one of those people who recommends striking up conversations with random strangers in places like grocery stores?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships